Model

jaelee

San Jose, California, US

nah she's just the only girl i know in Sin other than jackie haha

May 31 05 12:38 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

WOW! what have i said at all that makes me look like im stuck up, spoiled, or trying to act older than i am? a young person isnt allowed to have knowledge about shit that actually has to do with her? get real.

May 31 05 12:41 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

So this is like a Buzz Board thread on the General Board.

I think some thought there might be some modeling discussion that would be on topic for the "General" discussion on ModelMayhem.

I'll look forward to seeing this thread moved to the appropriate board.

I guess the only reason it didn't get moved is because of all the people that didn't know anything asking questions and keeping the thread relevant.

May 31 05 12:45 am Link

Model

Myla Chenoa

Phoenix, Arizona, US

1. If you don't know anything about the import scene, then I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. No need to hear about how import models are sleezy, etc.

2. What does the fact that she's 16 have to do with anything? Do you all feel good picking on a 16 year old???

3. If we had a "Modeling" section, she would have placed it there, but we don't. I find she placed this in the right section.

May 31 05 12:53 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Well, the topic was initially about some form of modeling and therefore IS on topic. The buzz board is supposed to be for announcements and the like.

And ALL our boards are for petty fighting and name calling.

May 31 05 12:57 am Link

Model

Myla Chenoa

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Tina, don't let them get you down. There's a ton of silent REAL industry people here who are really sickened by the behavior of some of the people in this thread. It's hard to speak up because generally in the forums of MM, if you have an opinion that doesn't kiss ass to everyone else, they will attack. Don't let them wear you down!

Posted by Tina Lee: 
WOW! what have i said at all that makes me look like im stuck up, spoiled, or trying to act older than i am? a young person isnt allowed to have knowledge about shit that actually has to do with her? get real.

May 31 05 12:57 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

1. I haven't offered any opinions other than it's promotional modeling.

2. I don't care if she is 61. She is here on MM and working in an industry that puts her in the situation of modeling in skimpy outfits. Maybe that's a situation to look into more than photographers asking questions to possibly make her think about "the industry" which is the purpose of this board...to discuss the industry, not her fake ID.

3. This is not a general discussion. She "knows everything she needs to know" and just wants to find other models based on her posts. She is not interested in talking about "the industry" because she gets mad anytime someone tries to discuss "the industry." This board clearly says that it is for "talk about the industry," not "meet up with other models to do tradeshow promo and talk about clubs." That sounds more like something that should be on the Buzz Board or Off Topic sections.

May 31 05 12:59 am Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

All I know is I am not going to read 6 pages for this thread.... holy crap people - thank god everyone is going back to work tomorrow..

May 31 05 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Uvision Media LLC

Central Square, New York, US

Posted by Tommy McI: 
16 year old import model...interesting.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you cause now I'm not the asshole for once lol.

May 31 05 01:06 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

do NOT twist my words. id be glad to talk about the industry.. which is what ive been doing in my posts anyways. i just find it pretty ridiculous what some of you have to say. i never resorted to any offensive behavior, besides telling you guys that you no close to nothing about this topic.. which is obviously true. and my outfits are picked by myself. no one requires me to dress provocative. ofcourse, most girls do, but the reason why you have a human being model anything whether it be a car or clothes is to draw attention. if that wasnt the case, the model would not exist. and although i am not fully dressed, i am not nude, nor do i ever plan on posing nude when i am of age.even if i did. even if iwas dying to turn legal just to get naked, im not the only one and im not doing it now, so why does that matter? and yes, this board was for things that have to do with The Industry and this is a model site, so id say i was right for posting this thread here.

thanks, myla for the help smile

May 31 05 01:10 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Tina, you're really just digging yourself in deeper here.

May 31 05 01:17 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

im defending myself. id rather leave knowing ive made all my points than let people think they can walk all over me and think i would leave it at that.

May 31 05 01:20 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 
Tina, don't let them get you down. There's a ton of silent REAL industry people here who are really sickened by the behavior of some of the people in this thread.

To be totally honest, I suspected there were silent players behind the scenes when I read her post and her first response.

May 31 05 01:26 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

what is this supposed to mean?
yes there are currently photographers messaging me about the stupidity of certain individuals in my thread, but that has nothing to do with my responses. id be glad to post these messages and make them anonymous, if your narrow-mind requires such action. maybe, hearing it from someone who is older than 16 might help you? honestly, i can almost guarentee that if i were writing the same things, but i was like 22 years old, no one would be saying shit. please tell me, because i know ive asked more than once. whats wrong with being educated and young? intimidated?

May 31 05 01:36 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

It's not the information; it's the attitude.

May 31 05 01:43 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

the attitude which SHOULD be confidence. thats all i am. was i ever offensive to anyone? i simply started a thread with intentions to meet people involved in the same thing as i am.

May 31 05 01:45 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogant smugness, and I do feel you crossed it.

May 31 05 01:47 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

how so? ive had work. which simply proves the point that although age is a boundary it isnt a complete barrier as a few others in here are trying to say. i am also not saying i want nothing to do with anyone besides people in the import scene. like i said before, no one knows what is going on in my private inbox. i am also not saying that i know everything there is to know. which is displayed in my desire to get started early so i have alot of time to learn alot of things. and what i am doing now; stating what i know and proving most of you wrong is NOT arrogant smugness. its a response. everything i have said after my first post was a response to the rest of you that, in my book, have been arrogant (without any reason might i add)

May 31 05 01:51 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by theda: 
And ALL our boards are for petty fighting and name calling.

LOL

May 31 05 01:51 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

and may i please just say..
GIVE UP!
you guys keep coming at me with new stuff. and i assure you if i do not write the following someone will come at me with "WHY DONT YOU GIVE UP"
i keep replying to your posts because this is a thread that i started and would like to keep alive. i also feel that my posts have valid points and represent what "import modeling" (or as you people say promotional work that include maytag dishwasher models) for what it is.. since you all are calling it trashy, etc. and other things that it is not. (minus the few that are supporting me in here) so id like to represent the import scene for what it really is. ask any import model. we do it because we ENJOY it. the pay is NOT a million dollars, it does not give us a high class image, and we have to deal with alot of haters (like you ;D) so we must enjoy it right? let us do what we do.

May 31 05 01:59 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

In case anyone forgot, this the humble first post that started this thread by Tina;

Posted by Tina Lee: 
who here is involved in the import industry? im seeing alot of glamour/fashion/goth models and posts, but basically nothing on import models or even cars at all. nothing wrong with other types of modeling, but im more into the whole racey looking girls/jdm/trade shows and whatnot... and im also bored smile

So she was asking if there were others in this genre of modeling she has some knowledge about and happens to be involved in, right?  No big deal. I thought I'd post early on since I've been to a few of the events. Certainly this Import scene is not the main focus of my own photography, but it is interesting to me. There have been some informative posts and not only have I learned some things.  I have found that Tina knows a lot more about the Import model scene than many of the people posting disrespectful messages to her.

Some people are being disrespectful in their posts, and Tina is reacting to it in the best way she knows ... directly answering it. Those of you assuming  that she is "spoiled" or any of the many illogical assumptions made about her are ALL WRONG! You don't even know her. I have been IM'ing with her and sending PM's here on MM. Let me tell you that to base what you know from a few posts that she wrote or knowing that she is almost 17 years old is wrong, and does not tell you much about her.

I am under the strong impression that some of you have no interest in the Import modeling scene, yet you are posting to attempt to challenge this young lady to fight. Tina puts up with it. If some of you are threatened by her being so young and getting into this business, then it is your own insecurities haunting you. I applaud her, and think she will do great!

Note to theda, would you think she crossed the line between confidence and arrogant smugness if she were much older?  I have been reading all these posts, and I humbly disagree with you. I really think that many people are distracted by her age.

May 31 05 02:45 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Here is her second post:

Posted by Tina Lee: 
well thanks for your guyses input, but i was only looking to see who else is involved. i already am, so theres not much more i need to know, but thanks again smile

I think being 16 and saying "there's not much more [she] needs to know" about a "huge" underground industry might warrant some discussion.

IF she was 21, and had that attitude people would still respond with questions.

I'm done with this one...so enjoy!

May 31 05 02:54 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by XtremeArtists ®: 
Here is her second post:

Posted by Tina Lee: 
well thanks for your guyses input, but i was only looking to see who else is involved. i already am, so theres not much more i need to know, but thanks again smile

I think being 16 and saying "there's not much more [she] needs to know" about a "huge" underground industry might warrant some discussion.

I'm done with this one...so enjoy!

read my posts. i said there is ALOT for me to learn which is why i chose to start early regardless of obstacles. yes, i AM involved already. that doesnt mean im claiming to know everything. learn how to read before you choose to respond.

May 31 05 03:00 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Here is her second post:

Posted by Tina Lee: 

Yes, I read that. But I don't think she meant that she was done with learning anything more. Maybe she didn't word it clearly enough, but I took it to mean that she shook the bushes around here to see if there were any Import people in the wings. She found a few that are now communicating with her by PM and she is cool with that. Honestly, I do not believe she is saying that she knows it all or is done learning.

Yes, people will respond with questions regardless of her age .. this freaking thread most have been good to last this many pages! LOL 

As far as Tina's attitude, people can be different from what they seem from posting on a forum like this. To make a judgement based on what you've read is not going to do any more than give you clues as to what one is really like in person.

May 31 05 03:06 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

THANK you patrick!

May 31 05 03:09 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Indian Wells, California, US

Posted by theda: 
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogant smugness, and I do feel you crossed it.

+1

May 31 05 03:12 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

i hope this forum does last though. not as a place for uninvolved people to argue with me, but for when more people join model mayhem and whatnot. i found this site through a forum on importculture.com so im sure its only a matter of time before this happens. as for the rest of you, i honestly think you guys are STUPID. i shouldnt be resorting to name calling, but i no longer take you losers seriously. but that shouldnt mean alot since im only 16 big_smile

May 31 05 03:13 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 
who here is involved in the import industry? im seeing alot of glamour/fashion/goth models and posts, but basically nothing on import models or even cars at all. nothing wrong with other types of modeling, but im more into the whole racey looking girls/jdm/trade shows and whatnot... and im also bored smile

Wow- long thread.  Having not read anything of it- I apologize in advance if I missed page 3, paragraph 4, line 22, hehehe.

Well- I do cover some import car events on my website @ http://www.joseonline.com.  I also just signed on to cover some SoCal events for zoomx.com but haven't started that yet.

Please check out my event coverage section.  There are also some cool vid clips as well.

Regards,
-Jose

May 31 05 03:14 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Tina Lee: 

read my posts. i said there is ALOT for me to learn which is why i chose to start early regardless of obstacles. yes, i AM involved already. that doesnt mean im claiming to know everything. learn how to read before you choose to respond.

I can read just fine.

That's the kind of attitude that is a problem. You didn't say you had anything to learn until the "haters" posted.

You started off saying you knew it all. After a few posts, the truth came out.

That's fine, you are learning and meeting new people. Good luck on your journey and education.

May 31 05 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Tina Lee: 
trying to act older than i am?

merely a generalization about girls in their mid-teens.

Posted by Tina Lee: 
...so ill probably see you at a club or something.. cuz i DO have a fake id...

Posted by Tina Lee: 
...its a response.

it's a defense mechanism.

May 31 05 03:15 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by Tina Lee: 

I can read just fine.

That's the kind of attitude that is a problem. You didn't say you had anything to learn until the "haters" posted.

You started off saying you knew it all. After a few posts, the truth came out.

That's fine, you are learning and meeting new people. Good luck on your journey and education.

that is also the kind of attitude you should expect any HUMAN, 16 or 61, to respond with after 6 pages of idiotic people posting their unwanted, senseless opinions. THINK ABOUT IT. what do spoiled kids, naked models, or any of the other things anyones mentioned have to do with my FIRST post?
and i did not start off saying i knew it all. i said this thread isnt for me to learn more, its for me to network. get it straight.

May 31 05 03:17 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I never mentioned spoiled kids or naked models. You need to keep things straight.

If this thread is for you to network, it's not a discussion post and doesn't belong on this board.

The Buzz Board and Classifieds are how people recruit models.

May 31 05 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by theda: 

Theda, maybe I missed something here, but you have had tolorance towards certain other photographers and models who have pushed the limits much farther than Tina. Am I wrong?

May 31 05 03:23 am Link

Photographer

Cicada

Posted by Tina Lee: 
what do spoiled kids, naked models, or any of the other things anyones mentioned have to do with my FIRST post?

i dont know but it just kinda snowballed from there.

May 31 05 03:25 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

I never mentioned spoiled kids or naked models. You need to keep things straight.

If this thread is for you to network, it's not a discussion post and doesn't belong on this board.

i did not direct that towards you. my apologies if my quoting you caused confusion, however that part was meant for those who have mentioned such useless ideas and topics.

May 31 05 03:25 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

No but naked models were mentioned by page 2 by our friendly comedian, Joey. Nothing too serious ... I'm sure 16 year old Tina has seen herself naked. Joey don't bother me, I like his sense of humor. Many of us have gotten way off topic ... are we supposed to stay on topic? I know that Joey deliberately try's to get a thread off topic, but what were the rules again regarding that?

May 31 05 03:26 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hi Folks! Let's do a re-cap and reading comprehension post-mortem analysis of this here thread's top post. Shall we? Yes. Let's shall. 8)

Posted by Tina Lee: 
who here is involved in the import industry?

What it means: I want/wish to see more stuff about import models and cars.

im seeing alot of glamour/fashion/goth models and posts, but basically nothing on import models or even cars at all.

What it means: I want/wish to see more stuff relating to import models and cars.

nothing wrong with other types of modeling, but im more into the whole racey looking girls/jdm/trade shows and what^not... and im also bored smile

What it means: I want/wish to see more stuff relating to import models and cars.

Analysis complete. Results follows.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=im … del+events

Sorry kiddo, but unless Import Promoters participate on MM and make their broadcasts, announcements and presence known on MM, you're not gonna find much here.

May 31 05 03:35 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I forgot to include this link Tina. It's the only thread I could find on this site relating to what you're looking for.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=1156

May 31 05 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 
Hi Folks! Let's do a re-cap and reading comprehension post-mortem analysis of this here thread's top post. Shall we? Yes. Let's shall. 8)

Posted by Tina Lee: 

im seeing alot of glamour/fashion/goth models and posts, but basically nothing on import models or even cars at all.

nothing wrong with other types of modeling, but im more into the whole racey looking girls/jdm/trade shows and what^not... and im also bored smile

Sorry kiddo, but unless Import Promoters participate on MM and make their broadcasts, announcements and presence known on MM, you're not gonna find much here.

Joe, you're late to the party. There are more folks involved with the Import scene in MM than you realize. Tina has made some connections. This thread has gotten way out of control in size. I think it may be time to retire. Night!

May 31 05 03:49 am Link

Model

Tina Lee

San Jose, California, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by Tina Lee: 

first off, who are you to try and interpret my words? and second, like you said it wont happen unless someone who is starts talking about it.. which is just what i did. i did not individually message these people to get involved. theyre just bored? who knows, but all i know is i figured id start an import thread, since there wasnt already one.

May 31 05 03:51 am Link