Forums > Critique > I have some time and will critique a few each day!

Photographer

Patrick Shipstad

Burbank, California, US

Sure thanks :-)

Apr 16 08 03:06 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Veronica Mac wrote:
im in

OK...the first thing I think when I read your port is that you seem pretty demanding. I would feel weird about shooting you because of this. I would think you are someone who calls or messages the photographer 3 million times a day after the shoot to find out where your CD is. LOL I hope this is not the case though! I am personally not all about the boobs and booty shots myself since I do not have either. I do think you need a bit of toning up though. I also think you need to practice your facial expressions and poses. I see very typical "stick my ass in the air" type shots....way overdone if you ask me. I would try to do something to make you stand out from the girl down the block. This image I like the most. You look very classy here. Your makeup kicks ass!!
https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080407/22/47fade4e4fcf9_m.jpg

Apr 16 08 03:06 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Trynity - XDPhotography wrote:
I'd love an honest opinion.  feel free to be brutal.  i know theres always room for improvement.

Well...I am sorry to say but you need a whole lot of practice. I see a bunch of point and shoot looking photos. Nothing jumped at me really. I see very flat images with no definition to them. You should really invest in some better lighting. I think you should join PPA and take some of their classes. I think you need some fresh ides. I saw a girl outdoors with a hand bra....this makes no sense at all! Anyways...keep on shooting. We all have to start out somewhere...just keep trying to get better and you will! Oh...I do like this band shot!
https://img9.modelmayhem.com/070708/22/4691a869588cd_m.jpg

Apr 16 08 03:13 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Veronica Mac wrote:
check me out please

I so already did you!

Apr 16 08 03:14 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Atomic Box Studios wrote:
is there room for one more..?

I really like all of you lighting. It is very 3 dimensional, it looks very flattering on the nudes especially. I do think you have a few pics that are not a good as the rest..for instance, the girl on girl shots or girls grabbing their own boobs. I hate those type shots. I thinkt hey take away from your other great work. Out your best work on the first page. People generally do not have the attention span to look past the first page! This shot here is my favorite:
18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=5580389
It was a great idea and executed wonderfully!

Apr 16 08 03:25 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Mike Stalnaker wrote:
Me too please!

You have some pretty cool stuff in your port! I love the pics with the fruit..the colors are so vivid and pretty!
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/080125/19/479a78c2901aa_m.jpg
THere are only 2 shots I do not care for..the football jersey shot and the fireman costume...I they they are waaay over done! I think you can do better than that. Keep up the outstanding work!

Apr 16 08 03:31 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Arwen Love wrote:
I'm a bit of a newbie. Would love to hear your thoughts.

I think you have a whole lot of personality to you! I can see it shining through in your shots! I am not a huge fan of the last one of your makeup. I do not like how it was done. I am not a fan of the one where you are wearing a blonde wig...you can't even see your face. This shot I totally love. I think it is a super great idea!
https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080210/17/47af7d62d3ab7_m.jpg
I do not have much other than that, since i do not shoot fetish or goth. Keep it up though!

Apr 16 08 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Angela Nicole P wrote:
Well hello there! You know that I like your work. I have to admit there are a few things i do not like though. Not so much on this page though..I do not like your glam stuff. I think it is cheezy...do not take offense to this. I do not like glam in general..I hate cheezy glam. I do really like your outdoor work, as well as your fashion and lifestyle work. I do not see you doing much of this stuff anymore. Switch it up! This one here is my favorite shot in this port:
https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060701/21/44a72a9d5e030_m.jpg
I have always been a huge fan of this one! Now...I better see more of the good stuff!!!!

LOL!  Well, thanks sweetie!  You know I would love to get you back out here for a shoot now that the weather is nice.  I would love to be able to create some stunning images with one of my favorite semi-local models!  :0

Apr 16 08 03:57 pm Link

Model

Evenstar

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Angela Nicole P wrote:

I think you have a whole lot of personality to you! I can see it shining through in your shots! I am not a huge fan of the last one of your makeup. I do not like how it was done. I am not a fan of the one where you are wearing a blonde wig...you can't even see your face. This shot I totally love. I think it is a super great idea!
https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080210/17/47af7d62d3ab7_m.jpg
I do not have much other than that, since i do not shoot fetish or goth. Keep it up though!

Thanks! I have some new pics coming I can use to replace some of the less favorite images in my port.

Apr 16 08 04:02 pm Link

Model

purtgfgfghyuhfghffghfgh

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Angela Nicole P wrote:

First off...I am really glad that you acknowledge that you have room for improvement. I see many people who are just starting out who think they know more than god. Anyways...I think that you are off to a great start. Looks like you had one real photo shoot so far. You got some great results from it. I love the hair by the way. I would not have every single image up. I would have narrow it down to at least half as many. Get rid of your home shots...and keep only the best. More is not better here. This is my favorite shot:
https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080309/14/47d42ce7c9b08_m.jpg
It is a fantastic shot! I would like to see you in a little more makeup. I think you should put up a casting call for one the next time you have a shoot scheduled. It will make a huge difference. The other thing I would do is practice in front of the mirror. You need work on your facial expression. You could also do this by looking at other models ports. Check out www.newmodels.com
Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much for your time and advise!

Apr 16 08 04:43 pm Link

Model

Miss Mellissa

i'm in!

Apr 16 08 07:35 pm Link

Model

SmilingFox

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, US

Angela Nicole P wrote:

That second post was not directed to you about the pink shirt...I goofed...sorry wrong young lady!

ohhh ha it happens! i was a wee confused.

Apr 16 08 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Timeless Photos

Chicago, Illinois, US

Sure, why not.  Be gentle...

Apr 16 08 08:54 pm Link

Model

Aurora Natrix

Miami, Florida, US

Your work is gorgeous! Would love your input!
Your avatar and the shot of you in the teal gown are both stunning!

Apr 16 08 08:59 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

steve digital photos wrote:
ok be honest

I think you have potential. I can tell by reading your profile that you have a love for photography. I see pics that are very amateur in your port. It looks like you are using a regular camera. I do not see much editing done to them and not any sort of lighting except for what is on your camera maybe. I think it is time to start investing in these things if you are very serious and want to really do this. It is not a cheap career or hobby! I have been in the industry for over ten years. I have learned a thing or 2 along the way. I would suggest that you go to some classes. Join PPA, and attend some of their seminars. I would be lost without them personally. My favorite out of your shots is this one:
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080405/11/47f794bcb2d04_m.jpg
It is by far better than the others. There is one pic of a girl sitting on the bench...It would have been cool if you posed her differently. Her pose is very unflattering, it makes her look very large.
Please do not take offense to my advice. We all need to start somewhere, take it and make your photographer a step better!

Apr 16 08 09:05 pm Link

Model

Nikolette Amani

Augusta, Georgia, US

Mine is small and unprofessional, but would love some critique

Apr 16 08 09:08 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Patrick Shipstad wrote:
Sure thanks :-)

I recall seeing your port a few months ago. I was in love with it, i believe I left you a few comments then. This shot is the best...I soooo love it!
https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060818/00/44e5547819f83_m.jpg
Totally rad! I think all of your work is fabulous...you know it too! You have some pretty awesome credits listed. You certainly have been around the block. I would love to work with you! I think you should treat yourself to a vacation in the Philly area!! LOL

Apr 16 08 09:10 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Miss Mellissa wrote:
i'm in!

Well if it isn't Miss Melissa! How are you? I think your port has come a long way since I last saw your port. Looks like you have shot with some pretty excellent photographers in the area! This shot here is my favorite in your port:
https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080210/09/47af07790fac3_m.jpg
It is a stunning image, I want one like it in my port! My other favorite shot of you is the one Ken did of you as your head shot. I only really have one piece of advice that I noticed on your shoot with Ken. You have the exact same facial expressions in all of your shots! I think you need to really add some emotion to your port. It looks like you are bored. That is it...I think you are super cute! Everyone who talks about you has very good things to say! Keep it up girlie!

Apr 16 08 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

gekrepten

Brooklyn, New York, US

Angela Nicole P wrote:

OK...this suspension stuff totally freaks me out...ok now that this is out on the table I feel better. I really like your style though. You have a unique twist to your cropping and angles you shoot. Keep rolling with that! If you do move to NYC, you will have plenty to play with! This shot here was my absolute favorite:
https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080311/11/47d6aab82acee_m.jpg
Cool stuff! The only thing other than the suspension shots that I did not like was, the shot with the black x's over the one girls nipples. You are way to cool to do the same thing others are doing!
Keep it up!

Thanks for your thoughts! I can imagine how freaky the suspensions might be for some people, I think I have it on the bottom of my port for that reason. Anyway the black Xs i agree, can be cliche, definitely. As I take more photos I have to start thinking about what to remove from my port and I will definitely take that photo into consideration (as lovely as Stitch is)
Thanks again!!

respectfully
rachel gekrepten

Apr 16 08 09:35 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Rolly Lagman wrote:
Sure, why not.  Be gentle...

I think you have some really cool stuff in your port. I am very much in love with your bridal stuff. I shoot weddings myself and have a very similar style. This shot here is my absolute favorite:
https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060510/00/44617b1b4de77_m.jpg
It is so neat! The pop of color really draws the eye right in. I like the shots with the blue tones as well. The only thing I can really say I do not like are some of the glam shots. I see a few over them that are way overdone. For example, the shot of the racer girl and the school girl. I can't stand that sort of thing personally. If it is making you money..then go for it! I will be back to see more from you later!

Apr 16 08 10:10 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

AurorA NatriX wrote:
Your work is gorgeous! Would love your input!
Your avatar and the shot of you in the teal gown are both stunning!

awww thank you! I think you are just absolutely adorable! I wish you lived closer to me because I would love to shoot you. If you get up this way ever let me know. Anyways, I really like your work. I usually get all uncomfortable when I see fetish type stuff but not in this case. You still manage to make everything so classy. I love your outfits, they are very different. You seem to wear a lot of wigs...no need. You have beautiful hair and they take away from your beauty. This shot here is my favorite of you:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/080403/04/47f499b5850bc_m.jpg
You look stunning in this color. I love how half of your face is peeking out from the top hat. I would really like to see more fashion in your port. I think you would look amazing in a couture gown! I borrow them from dress stores then give them images for letting me borrow the dress. Like I said...you are doing a great job...show me more fashion and be sure to let me know when I can look at them!

Apr 16 08 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Huntington Beach, California, US

Angela Nicole P wrote:

Hello! I am not sure if you read the original post..I am a photographer, model and MUA. All in that order actually. I have to say I am totally in love with your fashion stuff. You have the lighting nailed. I would assume you help models pose...i dig the posing. You are certainly working with some very talented MUA's and Stylists. This is my favorite shot of yours. It really stood out to me from the rest in your port. I think because it is so different from the others.
https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070930/18/47001ee51b4db_m.jpg
I would like to see more on location stuff from you. Most of your work is in a studio...time to master the outdoors!
Other than that..hit me up if you make it to my neck of the woods!

Yep I read it... wink
I've been really focusing on getting my in-studio game down before heading outdoors. Natural light scares me! lol
But thank you for your feedback! I definitely plan to do more black and whites like that one. smile

Apr 16 08 10:30 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Whitney Norris wrote:
Mine is small and unprofessional, but would love some critique

welcome to model mayhem! It is a crazy world on here so be careful! I think that you are suoer cute! Your prom pics are absolutely adorable. I would take that dress to your first shoot. I think you could get some amazing shots in it! I read your profile and it is short and sweet which is good. I would take down about what you wrote about pay. It is not going to happen till you have at least 10 shoot under your belt. You need to only accept tfcd right now. Until you can pose without the photographer telling you how to and you have more to offer on a shoot. This is in now way offensive to you. I am not saying you should work with just anybody though. Look at their port and decide if they are any good. If they suck tell them you are busy. You are going to get bombarded with trade requests...only work with the good ones. You certainly do not want bad pics of you floating around. I can't wait to see the results from your first shoot. Let me know when you post them! Oh, be sure to check out the newbie forums, as well as www.newmodels.com

Apr 16 08 10:31 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Chanel Rene Photography wrote:

Yep I read it... wink
I've been really focusing on getting my in-studio game down before heading outdoors. Natural light scares me! lol
But thank you for your feedback! I definitely plan to do more black and whites like that one. smile

I think you are ready though! Let me know when you do venture outside. I want to see them!

Apr 16 08 10:32 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Anyone else?

Apr 16 08 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

CAPI

Chicago, Illinois, US

Let er rip!!

Thanks!!

Apr 16 08 10:34 pm Link

Model

Cheyenne

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

oh, oh, oh, do me!!!!

Apr 16 08 10:49 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

CAPI wrote:
Let er rip!!

Thanks!!

Ok..will do. I like your lighting style, It is very nice. You lighting for the outdoors however, not so great! I think you try to fit in with all the other glam photographers. I would like to see you step out of their small little bubble and do your own thing. The belt bra is way over done and is totallt tacky. There is a shot with a girl outside with a traffic light between her legs. I think that it looks like she just gave birth to it. There is a shot of a girl holding an umbrella and you can see her reflection. I think it is sleazy in the fact of looking right up at her crotch! I am just pointing these things out to you so you see what some models might think of you as they look through your port. It would make me hesitate to work with you. This shot I am in love with your lighting:
https://img6.modelmayhem.com/070322/11/4602a5f98ddeb_m.jpg
I just wish there wasn't so much armpit. Other than that keep it up!

Apr 16 08 11:01 pm Link

Model

princess_xyooj

Manitowoc, Wisconsin, US

me! thanks

Apr 16 08 11:06 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Cheyenne wrote:
oh, oh, oh, do me!!!!

Oh you know I think you are the coolest! You are a mother of 2...and yet are the hottest MILF I know! You have a great head on your shoulders and you are super sweet! I think you are a wonderful model!!!!! I really can't pick a favorite out of you port..It would almost definitely say if i had to pick one it would be the one of you and your daughter. I get this warm and fuzzy feeling every time I look at it. The only thig I could possibly tell you to improve on is that you need to look at the camera more. You are always looking away. You should be making more eye contact when you are that damn pretty! I want to see more smiles from you too! That is it...all i got, can't wait to see you again!

Apr 16 08 11:14 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

princess_xyooj wrote:
me! thanks

Clearly you can't be a runway model or even shoot fashion. You are limited to lifestyle shots as well as glam. NO big deal...you can rock that! I think that you need to practice some in front of the mirror. I would start going through other models ports and start to pay attention to how they model and pose. I see you looking really stiff and posing awkwardly. It also appears as though you look really scared in a bunch of your shots. It is the same expression over and over again. I think this will get better the more you shoot though. I used to suck myself and sometimes still do. I have to sike myself up sometime before a shoot. I find that taking your fav music to a shoot will really help to loosen you up! This shot is my favorite of you. The photographer did a great job as well.
https://modelmayhm-2.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080226/05/47c3ecdf3acea_m.jpg
Keep on shooting girl..hold your chin up highand never give up!

Apr 16 08 11:26 pm Link

Model

Aurora Natrix

Miami, Florida, US

Thanks so much dollface. If I'm ever in the area I'll shoot you a message!

Apr 16 08 11:41 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

AurorA NatriX wrote:
Thanks so much dollface. If I'm ever in the area I'll shoot you a message!

Sounds like a plan! you are very welcome!!!

Apr 16 08 11:50 pm Link

Model

Cheyenne

Scranton, Pennsylvania, US

Angela Nicole P wrote:

Oh you know I think you are the coolest! You are a mother of 2...and yet are the hottest MILF I know! You have a great head on your shoulders and you are super sweet! I think you are a wonderful model!!!!! I really can't pick a favorite out of you port..It would almost definitely say if i had to pick one it would be the one of you and your daughter. I get this warm and fuzzy feeling every time I look at it. The only thig I could possibly tell you to improve on is that you need to look at the camera more. You are always looking away. You should be making more eye contact when you are that damn pretty! I want to see more smiles from you too! That is it...all i got, can't wait to see you again!

Ang,
You just def. made my sleepless night!!  BTW, I love your two green pics, you're carrying one of my favorite COACH bags, and you are amazingly gorgeous!  I aspire to be like you, but alas, I am doomed to my life wink
I'll see you soon, can't wait, maybe next time I'll let you have a crack at my face and hair, lord knows I can't do it!!
Take care!

Apr 17 08 12:53 am Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Cheyenne wrote:

Ang,
You just def. made my sleepless night!!  BTW, I love your two green pics, you're carrying one of my favorite COACH bags, and you are amazingly gorgeous!  I aspire to be like you, but alas, I am doomed to my life wink
I'll see you soon, can't wait, maybe next time I'll let you have a crack at my face and hair, lord knows I can't do it!!
Sounds like fun! I would feel honored to do your makeup!

Take care!

Apr 17 08 10:06 am Link

Model

Miss Mellissa

Angela Nicole P wrote:

Well if it isn't Miss Melissa! How are you? I think your port has come a long way since I last saw your port. Looks like you have shot with some pretty excellent photographers in the area! This shot here is my favorite in your port:
https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080210/09/47af07790fac3_m.jpg
It is a stunning image, I want one like it in my port! My other favorite shot of you is the one Ken did of you as your head shot. I only really have one piece of advice that I noticed on your shoot with Ken. You have the exact same facial expressions in all of your shots! I think you need to really add some emotion to your port. It looks like you are bored. That is it...I think you are super cute! Everyone who talks about you has very good things to say! Keep it up girlie!

hehe - thank you and thanks as well for the advice :-) Love all your new stuff too! Tell Ken I said hi!

Apr 17 08 10:15 am Link

Model

Jack Kerouac

Santa Monica, California, US

Want to do a guy? lol that sounded wrong i know. but it's too funny to go back and rephrase.

thanks

j

Apr 17 08 11:36 am Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Jack Kerouac wrote:
Want to do a guy? lol that sounded wrong i know. but it's too funny to go back and rephrase.

thanks

j

Sure why not?...I do guys every once and awhile!

I can see you are fairly new to this. You seem to have a few shoots under your belt. I am really digging your style. You seem very likeable just by the way you come across being photographed.
You have a great range in expressions as well. I like that you are goofy, classy and cool all at the same time. I hat looking at the typical male's port where he looks like he is on steroids and is in his tighty whitey's throughout the whole port. You are far from the average male port that I come across. I think that this series of shots from this shoot are the best in your port:
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080417/03/4806f6009cf4b_m.jpg
I really like the background here as well. Keep it up..I would really like to see more from you as you keep going..keep on making it different. You will keep standing out from the rest!

Apr 17 08 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mi Portafolio Digital

Miami, Florida, US

I would like to know your opinion, please.

Apr 17 08 10:48 pm Link

Model

Angela Nicole P

Mi Portafolio Digital wrote:
I would like to know your opinion, please.

I am a little confused? You do not have any information about yourself...just that whoever is going to be your 1000th friend gets 20 comments? So this is how you get friends? Hmmm...When I look at your port...none of the pics are very creative and most do not make any sense. I do not even see any model credits. Are none of the here on mm? I am soory to seem like I am bashing you..I am just rather confused....I feel as though your page is not actually real. Every single shot is a girl with a boob job or a girl bending over so you can see her lady lump. To me..you are just filling your sexual fantasies through photographing them. You really need to take some classes and take some classier photos. If you were to request to work with me I would be very scared to work with you. It will scare away many girls. I hope you take my advice as constructive criticism and not me being mean. This picture I did like..this one is not terribly skanky:
https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070903/14/46dc5ba713385_m.jpg

Apr 17 08 11:06 pm Link