Forums > General Industry > Would you date your photographer?

Photographer

Josh Gallo

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm single and looking if any of you ladies are interested in a young photographer, lol.

Oct 22 08 03:57 am Link

Hair Stylist

Dearan

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

i think the more important question is "would you date your hairstylist?"
wink
x

Oct 22 08 03:59 am Link

Photographer

YOMEN ENTERTAINMENT

Dating for model smile Lol if nice may be i do

Oct 22 08 04:01 am Link

Model

aliPOP

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

what happens if you have more then 1 photographer tongue

cheat on em all... or just have an orgie?

hahaha

Oct 22 08 04:01 am Link

Model

Shaun of the Dead

Mission Viejo, California, US

The Power of Beauty wrote:

Reminds me of the film Hard Candy *cringes*

It was on last night.
If you haven't seen it I dont recommend it. lol.

I loved Hard Candy!

Oct 22 08 04:02 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

I think it would be up to the individuals involved. No better or worse than any other relationship could be.

Studies show that barring any outwardly noticeable evidence the partner in a relationship who is most concerned about their partner cheating is most likely to be the one actually cheating. So, if the photog gets insecure and jealous about his model GF with other photogs then how is he conducting his photo shoots and vice versa for the model. If they are both professional themselves, they should know nothing is going to happen at a professional type shoot.

"He who assumes the worst about others probably does the worst."

Oct 22 08 07:25 am Link

Photographer

Cody, Wyoming, US

Have been mairred to my model for over 5 years.  She was one of models when I lived in phx. I honestly think in my case having a model as a wife makes me keep the images strong as she is great at finding models and she is great at going over the images to find the strong ones. As for dating a model it takes a ton of trust on both sides.

Oct 22 08 11:02 am Link

Model

Shelby Ford

San Antonio, Texas, US

Lady Bronze wrote:

I think you are judging others based on their standards. Are you implying that a woman is shallow for not wanting to date a garbage man? Because her standards might be different than yours? Why would that be objectionable? Isn't the assumption alone that there is some sort of character flaw in such a woman - a label of sorts?

Aren't you also making a massively inaccurate assumption that everyone is religious and believes in a heaven or afterlife?

Live and let live. Or, if you are biblical and/or Christian, judge not lest ye be judged.

I said that chemistry could not be judged by occupation.  Perhaps I should define 'chemistry' before I make such a statement.  I consider chemistry to describe a connection between two souls, minds, and bodies.  Such a connection can often be felt very soon if not immediately after meeting someone.  Of course, it also grows and deepens over time, and could be referred to as 'true love.' 
My point was how could someone ignore or deny such feelings based solely on a job description?  Doctors date other doctors and nurses, lawyers date lawyers (even judges), politicians, actors, etc.  So then why would it be unacceptable for a photographer to date a model?  If a model feels a connection with an individual that just so happens to be holding a camera, should he/she ignore their emotions because it's not practical?  Or because it is taboo?  I think not.
You are correct that I should not have made the assumption that everyone believes in an afterlife or heaven.  Again, my point was to illustrate that it is impossible to live your life full of regrets.  You cannot go backwards in time, you cannot change your past, only accept it and understand that it made you who are in the present day.  I personally believe that an individual should seize opportunity whenever it presents itself.  My idea of what an opportunity consists of might differ from yours, but I consider love to be a massive one.

Oct 22 08 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Soft Shadows Art Photo

Phoenix, Arizona, US

aliPOP wrote:

hahaha

I want you as my model...  wink

LOL

Oct 22 08 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

K E S L E R wrote:
I would ask this in the photography forum but I already know that 99% of the vote for single photographer would be "YES."  lol

Personally I don't think the model/ photographer relationship will work out because there would be at some point jealousy, whether the photographer shoots beautiful women more than his girlfriend, or his girlfriend shoots with better photographers than her BF.

Discuss...

I'm not good looking enough to get any of the babes I work with.

Oct 22 08 01:32 pm Link

Model

tabitha lynette

Baltimore, Maryland, US

B A I Photography wrote:
Have been mairred to my model for over 5 years.  She was one of models when I lived in phx. I honestly think in my case having a model as a wife makes me keep the images strong as she is great at finding models and she is great at going over the images to find the strong ones. As for dating a model it takes a ton of trust on both sides.

I agree - it takes trust!!!

Oct 22 08 01:51 pm Link

Model

Terms of Condition

K E S L E R wrote:
I would ask this in the photography forum but I already know that 99% of the vote for single photographer would be "YES."  lol

Personally I don't think the model/ photographer relationship will work out because there would be at some point jealousy, whether the photographer shoots beautiful women more than his girlfriend, or his girlfriend shoots with better photographers than her BF.

Discuss...

Love may happen wherever it may happen to be. I would think that this type of relationship would come with alot of understanding and possibly a great growth between them (which would show in their work)

I've met a couple I would give it a go (though some other fortunate girl has their hearts smile

Oct 22 08 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Mountain Image

Morgantown, West Virginia, US

Courtney Starr wrote:
Not if he shot booty models all day... I would be Scared!

Reminds me of an old line. "It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you take your meals at home."

Oct 22 08 02:04 pm Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:

Aww Christopher. You know I e-love you.

Oct 22 08 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Mz Snow wrote:

Aww Christopher. You know I e-love you.

I've never had a problem with the e-babes. smile I get them all the time.  But I have this feeling that if you do visit CA that as soon as I try to take your shirt off you're gonna say that's not being professional. big_smile

Oct 22 08 05:41 pm Link

Model

Rhian Alise

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

There is a certain photographer I find super hot but he's married lol...
Darn it. hmm

Oct 22 08 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Rhian Alise wrote:
There is a certain photographer I find super hot but he's married lol...
Darn it. hmm

I'm not married! who told you that?

Oct 22 08 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

IMS FotoGrafix

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

MF productions wrote:
Anyone ever watch the film Star 80? Kinda puts some things in perspective as to why models and photogs shouldn't date.

I guess the logic here is that if a photographer and a model date (and get married, in this case) and she becomes famous then naturally he'll become a murderous psychopath, ROFL.

Her husband  was a sluggo , not a photographer .

Oct 22 08 05:59 pm Link

Model

Vixen Intoxia

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

Well I dated [his studio name] for ages, but he then thought it fine to use me at his dispose like his camera and I got a bit pissed off that I was being treated more like an accessorry than a partner.

Oct 22 08 06:56 pm Link

Model

miki kierulf

Reby wrote:
Let me tell you...
It's the worst idea ever.

Well, if you're dating...
But don't expect a ring.
HAHA.

No, it's not funny.
Really.

maybe ill find out if ill get a ring... a few years from now smile

Oct 22 08 07:01 pm Link

Model

Vixen Intoxia

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

In saying that though there is someone on here Id give my left leg for (and it's my good one!) lol.

Vixen

Oct 22 08 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Fiddlers Green Photo

Edmonds, Washington, US

I love going out with mine!

Oct 22 08 09:44 pm Link

Model

Ebby is Pink

Brooklyn, New York, US

I'd date anyone I'm seriously attracted to.

Oct 22 08 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

J S productions

Show Low, Arizona, US

I'm a photographer who is married to his main model.  We work it out very well, she loves when I shoot and I love when she gets out to other photographers and gets some great work.

Oct 22 08 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Attitude Photo

Rochester, New York, US

I have dated 5 of my models.........never an issue

Oct 22 08 10:48 pm Link

Model

Maddie Moon

i would. if you have common interests, then i don't see the problem. But always start things out professionally...

Oct 22 08 10:51 pm Link

Model

Layla La Zombie

San Antonio, Texas, US

this may have already been said.....
it could work...plus it makes the shoot ALOT more fun smile
as far as other women,you cannot have a relationship unless you have trust simple as that....

Oct 22 08 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Lora Weaver

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I sorta am. smile

Oct 22 08 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

jaep

Newark, Delaware, US

aliPOP wrote:

hahaha

"Cheat"? That is what everyone is doing:)

Oct 22 08 10:57 pm Link

Model

Mandy_M

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Yep, I'm not a jealous person.. and he's HOT! tongue

Oct 22 08 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Only if she was female and my wife said it would be ok. bs

Oct 23 08 01:11 am Link

Photographer

The Image Group Photo

San Diego, California, US

yes absolutel!!!  What an amazing opportunity to share the passion of photography with someone your intimate with. Yes absolutely...any takers?

Oct 23 08 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Black Sunshine

Austin, Texas, US

photographers are people too

Oct 23 08 03:19 am Link

Model

MYS Britt

aliPOP wrote:

hahaha

I keep them separate

they suffer from Camera envy...

Oct 23 08 03:40 am Link

Model

MYS Britt

that's NOT true Chris!

Oct 23 08 03:41 am Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

If I was only so lucky... tongue

Oct 23 08 03:43 am Link

Model

Shelby Ford

San Antonio, Texas, US

I'm not married! who told you that?

Nasty rumor.  lol

Oct 23 08 03:48 am Link

Model

Dawn Aimee

La Porte, Indiana, US

I am dating a photographer.  Yes, jealousy occassionally can become a factor...and we both have to keep things in perspective.  We have been together a year now, and I even lend a hand at shoots when I can.

Actually one of the main issues we had was him not having time to shoot with me once we were involved.  We addressed the issue, he shot with me, and we're happy again smile

Oct 23 08 03:50 am Link

Photographer

Blakberi Photography

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

I think of this question everytime I look in the mirror

Oct 23 08 03:51 am Link

Model

The Anomaly LILIANA

Menlo Park, California, US

I don't believe in "dating". Obsession, adrenaline, rebellion, chemistry, devotion, these are the elements of love. If there's something there, it doesn't matter if someone is a photographer or a model. A model is a muse, a photographer is the observer (and can be vice verse). It sounds ideal, and in many ways would be. People have mentioned jealousy issues on here, that seems absurd considering that both models and photographers are "creatives" and should therefore celebrate each other's individual skills and aims and learn from each other. To be a superteam even. That's the type of relationship I have with my partner of 5 years who is a filmmaker, I am also an actress and there are zero jealousy issues. It would become a problem if a professional reputation would be damaged based on a relationship, which was more a frequent thing of the 60's fashion world (with models sleeping with photographers to get better jobs and photographers "banging" models to get higher social status) than it is now. Models, photographers, lawyers, scientists, artists, its all the same stuff: energy.

Oct 23 08 04:00 am Link