Forums > Critique > OK, I want to see some SERIOUS models only!

Model

TrackBelle

San Francisco, California, US

I'm very interested in your thoughts on my work.

May 15 10 06:53 am Link

Model

Brittney Jean

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

me please smile

May 15 10 08:58 pm Link

Model

Schanae

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

me please :-)

May 18 10 02:10 am Link

Model

Chloe Maree

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Me please

May 18 10 06:22 am Link

Model

Official_Cat

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

me?smile

May 18 10 06:23 am Link

Model

Cherise C

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

me?? smile

May 18 10 09:13 am Link

Model

Courtney Lynnn

South Jordan, Utah, US

I'd love to know smile

May 18 10 11:20 am Link

Model

B Paige

Bristol, Virginia, US

ME?

May 18 10 11:23 am Link

Model

Brittany_Danielle

Rome, Georgia, US

please give me some feedback plz

May 18 10 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

AngelicaAswald wrote:
me?

Hi Angelica,
   I think it maybe better for me just to tell you what not to do:

1) never face your legs to the camera, it makes you look short of make your legs shorter
2) make sure that you have clean underarms if you're going to lift up your arm in an image
3) Don't have pictures of the same shoot in the portfolio unless they're really different.
4) Unless you're doing fine art work, try to get more color images in your portfolio
5) Make your appearance look different in all your work
6) Be expressive instead of the same look all the time.

Jun 09 10 12:17 am Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Johanna Parcher wrote:
I would appreciate any improvements you could suggest

Hi Johanna,
  You have nice cheekbones, and other features.  You need more exprience in posing.  Right now what I see is that you're just basically going through some relaxed motions to be photographed.  I think it's ok to have some relaxed images, but you need to show much more energy to make the image pop.  I think you have good potential but you need to work at it consistently each time you are photographed.

Jun 09 10 12:21 am Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Lauren Vickers wrote:
I'm very serious about my career...if you're still going that is!

Hi Lauren,
  Sorry to take so long to get to you.  Anyway, you're an established model I see and have all the tools I see to do great on any photoshoot.  Obviously you have excellent physical features including a beautiful face and nice hair.  I also see that you know how to pose and create dramatic expressions.  What can I say, I don't have much to recommend to you except that I would love to see more of you dressed up.  I think too much skin gets old, especially on MM.  Unless you're targeting young guys only.   I believe strongly that a beautiful woman who is well dressed is much sexier than one that is less dressed.  Especially in the case of someone who's already very sexy by nature.  If you tone it down and show a very subtle sexiness, I think you'll even do better.  My rule is that if you're way sexy already, be much more conservative in your images.  If you're the sweet innocent girl next door, then you need to show edginess.  You see both work when you try to balance them.

Jun 09 10 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Alexander Merab wrote:
I would like to know.

Hi Alexander,
   You need to say in your profile what you're looking to do.  A serious model doesn't just come here and say "take my picture".  You need to also indicate where you're going with it.

Anyway, you have good height and looks.  You're age and height however will almost (not completely) eliminate you from fashion, but you're going to have to hurry and do something about it if you plan on getting anywhere. 

Otherwise, local fashion places are probably going to be your thing.   You're also going to have take better images that are better lit also.  Right now they look very amateurish at best.  This is another thing that a serious model can't afford to do.

Jun 09 10 12:38 am Link

Photographer

Image Designers

-Veronica wrote:
me please smile

Hi Veronica, your page is closed so I can't do anything for you.

Jun 09 10 12:39 am Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Kat Ann N wrote:
Time for one more?

Hi Kat,
   You're quite pretty and very high fashion / Editorial looking.  I hope you're using that to your advantage especially since you're living in NYC.   
   I think the only thing you have to work on is to bring it on in your energy and drama in your expressions.  Use your eyes to focus and on something or look far away to get those certain expressions.  In general come up with more ways to express yourself using all the range of moods you can think of.
  I feel you're perfect for beauty shots and really like the one in the red hat.  Very elegant!

Jun 09 10 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Image Designers

JT2009 wrote:
Mine if you will!!!  Im going into a big agency tmrw and still not sure what pics I need!!
thanks

Hi Johanna,
  You're a pretty, and have a commercial type model looks but can possibly do fashion.  The only thing is that you're 34 and about this time it gets a lot tougher to book.  I would consider taking out the comment that you'll only work with published photographers as that would turn off many possible photographers.  Perhaps you don't care because you have been succesful already, but I just want you to know it may be a bit tougher to get jobs.  Now about your agency thing, I"m sorry I didn't react to this fast enough.  I was way behind and still am. 

I think your best shots are the 3rd one on the first row (fashion) and the last one on the 3rd row (commercial).

What you need to look younger are newer images of you that pop.  Need to show a lot of energy in your images...and I don't mean jumping around or anything.  Energy and expression come from the eyes and in your images, the eyes are kind of non-focused and thereby losing energy.  You look too passive in many images.

Commercially I would think you'd do well.  But you might want to start thinking about promotional, catalog and glamour work at this point and start to re-tool your skills if you plan on staying in modeling.

Jun 09 10 08:46 pm Link

Model

Lola Misfit

Anaheim, California, US

I'M VERY NEW SO ANY TIPS/COMMENTS ARE VERY HELPFUL!
:]

Jun 09 10 09:14 pm Link

Model

Ms Andrea K

Peoria, Illinois, US

I would love to hear your thoughts:)

Jun 09 10 09:17 pm Link

Model

Jessica A Hoffman

Delray Beach, Florida, US

Hi There!! Would appreciate the feedback if you have time- I know my port NEEDS work... just not sure where to start! THANK YOU!

Jun 10 10 03:48 am Link

Model

Lauren Vickers

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Image Designers wrote:

Hi Lauren,
  Sorry to take so long to get to you.  Anyway, you're an established model I see and have all the tools I see to do great on any photoshoot.  Obviously you have excellent physical features including a beautiful face and nice hair.  I also see that you know how to pose and create dramatic expressions.  What can I say, I don't have much to recommend to you except that I would love to see more of you dressed up.  I think too much skin gets old, especially on MM.  Unless you're targeting young guys only.   I believe strongly that a beautiful woman who is well dressed is much sexier than one that is less dressed.  Especially in the case of someone who's already very sexy by nature.  If you tone it down and show a very subtle sexiness, I think you'll even do better.  My rule is that if you're way sexy already, be much more conservative in your images.  If you're the sweet innocent girl next door, then you need to show edginess.  You see both work when you try to balance them.

Thanks so much for your feedback!  I'm working on getting more fashion images in my port and I'll definitely take your advice in that smile

Cheers,
Lauren

Jun 10 10 11:07 am Link

Model

Lapis Lazuli

London, England, United Kingdom

I would appreciate some critique x

Jun 10 10 11:16 am Link

Model

Chryah

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

my apologies if this is a double posting Ive scanned till page 43 and havent seen myself so please give it to me

Jun 10 10 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

KatiexMarie wrote:
could you take a look at mine? i'm going to get some fashion style lingere and beauty shots. Do you think I would suite this look?

Hi Katie,
   Fashionwise, you have to have an editorial look to you and frankly, I didn't see that in your work.  You need to work on being more expressive in your images as I saw only one look to you all of them. 

I believe you're more suited for the bikinie shots since you have a dark tan to you.  The tans usually don't work well with the fashion work and I'd strongly suggest you lose it if that's an area you're targeting.

Your poses that I saw are all posing 101 style.  Need to come up with great poses that you can put in with great expressions that are good for you!   Right now you're not separating yourself from the bunch...it's like you've seen one you've seen them all.  Be different always, try pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and experiment (of course do this on a daily basis in front of a mirror and then try them out with photographers). 

Use your eyes a lot more to create the expressions than you do the rest of your face.  The rest of the face (everything below the eyes) should only compliment the eyes.

If you want to do multiple genres such as fashion and glamour first learn what each one of them requires as far as posing and expression and learn to pose for each one.  I'm saying to learn the types and I don't mean copy them by saying that.  You must come up with what's good for you.

-Romel Evans

Jun 12 10 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Lori Ilardi wrote:
Thanks so much for your kind words. I had some health issues that kept me from working for a while. I'm feeling better and hope to get back in the saddle again. I will be looking into getting a hair and makeup person as well as someone to help me with my wardrobe. Thanks for your help. Maybe we can work together sometime.

Thanks again,
Lori

You're very welcome, good luck.

Jun 12 10 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Dana Roshnie wrote:

Thank you so much for taking the time and doing all of us such a service! smile

You're welcome, I'm happy to help.

Jun 12 10 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Angel Rose Darke wrote:
Ok, hit mine. I have a shoot coming up the end of the month and I get to pick anything I want to do. So, what do I need to do?

I'm sorry your account is closed so I have no way of doing this.

Jun 12 10 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

h a n n a h MARiE wrote:
ok i am really curious.  i take this seriously && love constructive feedback. thanks smile

Hi Hannah,
   so you've perfected the angry look, what you need to do now is take it to the next level.  You're actually quite pretty and have all the physical characteristics, except height sad, to do well.  Even being shorter, I think you can possibly do it with specialized agencies such as Wilhelmina mangement. 

My biggest suggestion is, especially in the light of you being a risk taker as I percieved from reading your profile, is to take the risks to look goofy, because that's how you get better.  Never get cemented into the same look...no matter how good you really are.  Always learn and push to new levels.  You're going to be the one who will carry you the farthest.  So start posing and expressing yourself on a daily basis in front of a full length mirror if you can afford one.

I didn't see one full length shot in your portfolio. That's where you need to start.  You can't be a fashion model without doing well full length wise.  You need a good supply of beauty shots, waist length, 3/4 shots (up to mid thigh) and full length shots.   The full length ones really show how you can pose and pull in the expression and pose together. So work on it, since it's very important.

Jun 12 10 07:03 pm Link

Model

E R I K A

Rusnė, Klaipėdos, Lithuania

here i am!

Jun 12 10 07:05 pm Link

Model

Alisyn Carliene

San Bernardino, California, US

hi I am interested, I am not an all nude model. I have diff looks

Jun 12 10 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

AngelaArnold wrote:
-

Hi Angela, no matter how pretty or glamorous you are, you've got to put that to the side and show your interest and personallity.  Just putting in a request of "-" doesn't cut it with me, sorry.

Jun 12 10 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Image Designers

Tatiana Lyadochkina wrote:
Im interested

Sorry your account is closed, so I can't help you.

Jun 12 10 07:08 pm Link

Model

Danny Dee

Dallas, Texas, US

I would like your insight please.

Jun 12 10 07:09 pm Link

Model

Stephanie______________

Bellevue, Washington, US

me?

Jun 12 10 09:28 pm Link

Model

Lisa-Dawn

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm curious to hear what you think.
Please & thank you smile

Jun 12 10 10:17 pm Link

Model

Mona L.

London, England, United Kingdom

Would really appreciate some honest feedback. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SPREADING GOOD KARMA AROUND!

Jun 12 10 10:44 pm Link

Model

FelishaLisha

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

please give me feedback on my work when you have time, thank you smile

Jun 16 10 03:32 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I would love a critique from you and I tagged your page. Thanks for your time:)

Jun 16 10 07:00 pm Link

Model

fjvhsodibhsolbsn

Portland, Oregon, US

what about me??

Jun 16 10 07:04 pm Link

Model

Jessi June

Miami, Florida, US

I can Always appreciate an honest opinion...

Jun 16 10 07:45 pm Link

Model

Christina Angel

Atlanta, Georgia, US

i want a turn...

Jun 16 10 07:48 pm Link