Carl Roberts wrote:
https://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b0148c7dc1d5f970c-pi

Cotton Candy Martini's all around

Where is one around here?

Jan 21 11 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Heck where is a circus that still uses a big top?  Besides FSU?

Jan 21 11 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

SheriBaldwinPhotography wrote:

Mark Reese Photography wrote:
According to the article he was being circumcised and the doc saw a cancerous growth during the procedure... imo that's related, since it ws on the part being operated on originally.

True, and if he'd gotten the second opinion and it turned out that the situation is worse than expected and the doc COULD have prevented it by cutting off the penis and didn't do it then the doc gets sued anyway. I say it's a no win situation for the doc.

Jan 21 11 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Walker1812 Photography wrote:
Heck where is a circus that still uses a big top?  Besides FSU?

Sarasota High has a big top for their circus...

Jan 21 11 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

True, and if he'd gotten the second opinion and it turned out that the situation is worse than expected and the doc COULD have prevented it by cutting off the penis and didn't do it then the doc gets sued anyway. I say it's a no win situation for the doc.

I disagree.  I'd say that if I went in for a routine surgery and the doctor found something of greater concern, it is that doctor's responsibility to inform me of the issue and allow me to decide what to do from there.  Nobody's going to sue a doctor for finding something and informing their patient.  In fact, it's an issue of medical negligence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informed_c … procedures

The informed consent doctrine is generally implemented through good healthcare practice: pre-operation discussions with patients and the use of medical consent forms in hospitals. However, reliance on a signed form should not undermine the basis of the doctrine in giving the patient an opportunity to weigh and respond to the risk. In one British case, a doctor performing routine surgery on a woman noticed that she had cancerous tissue in her womb. He took the initiative to remove the woman's womb; however, as she had not given informed consent for this operation, the doctor was judged by the General Medical Council to have acted negligently. The council stated that the woman should have been informed of her condition, and allowed to make her own decision.

Jan 21 11 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

Let's put it this way: If you're a doctor, just because you have permission to perform a specific surgery on me doesn't mean you have carte blanche permission to go rooting around in my body and fiddling with stuff.  If I'm having heart surgery and you notice I have small boobs, you do not have permission to give me implants.  Okay, that's a wild exaggeration.  wink

Jan 21 11 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

All I know, I wake up and the peter is gone.. I'm hunting down the doctor and taking my pound of flesh...

Jan 21 11 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Scott A Miller photo wrote:
All I know, I wake up and the peter is gone.. I'm hunting down the doctor and taking my pound of flesh...

So you have a pecker that weighs an entire POUND!!!

Jan 21 11 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Hey, don't leave me hangin' out here in da wind...

Jan 21 11 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

I'm here Frank, I'm here!

I'm editing photos for the first time in ages

Work sucked all the photos out of me.  sad

Jan 21 11 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I disagree.  I'd say that if I went in for a routine surgery and the doctor found something of greater concern, it is that doctor's responsibility to inform me of the issue and allow me to decide what to do from there.  Nobody's going to sue a doctor for finding something and informing their patient.  In fact, it's an issue of medical negligence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informed_c … procedures

The man is in surgery (presumably general anesthesia).. how is the doc supposed to IMMEDIATELY inform the patient of what was found in surgery? When I had my last kidney surgery I had to sign 'authorization forms' as does every patient, one of these forms had a line incredibly similar to 'in the unexpected event that a problem occurs I wish to A: Be awakened from anesthesia and consulted about how to proceed or B: have the doctor proeed as he/she sees best to do so.' It is, I believe, a standard pre-op form and I dunno any doc who would advocate waking the patient up mid surgery to 'consult', nor do I know any patient who would want to be awakened.

Jan 22 11 02:46 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Let's put it this way: If you're a doctor, just because you have permission to perform a specific surgery on me doesn't mean you have carte blanche permission to go rooting around in my body and fiddling with stuff.  If I'm having heart surgery and you notice I have small boobs, you do not have permission to give me implants.  Okay, that's a wild exaggeration.  wink

So you're saying you have really big boobs???  big_smile  lol   Just kidding but I couldn't resist..

Jan 22 11 06:17 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

The man is in surgery (presumably general anesthesia).. how is the doc supposed to IMMEDIATELY inform the patient of what was found in surgery? When I had my last kidney surgery I had to sign 'authorization forms' as does every patient, one of these forms had a line incredibly similar to 'in the unexpected event that a problem occurs I wish to A: Be awakened from anesthesia and consulted about how to proceed or B: have the doctor proeed as he/she sees best to do so.' It is, I believe, a standard pre-op form and I dunno any doc who would advocate waking the patient up mid surgery to 'consult', nor do I know any patient who would want to be awakened.

And I could be wrong, but I'm going to bet that is as long as it has some association to the procedure at hand. I mean, if while they're in there taking out your gallbladder and notice a severe case of cirrhosis, I can't see the doctor deciding to remove half the liver or doing a transplant.. 

Not to mention, some stores have signs posted that they are not responsible for such and such, and have still been found guilty of negligence in court...

Jan 22 11 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

How many models do you expect for the meet today?

Jan 22 11 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

At least 1 as I'm sure ED...

Jan 22 11 06:55 am Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

There are doctors who will do this?! Where the hell where they when I was having my neck surgery? Could have saved me a couple grand. tongue

Jan 22 11 07:14 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

*yawn, stretch* I got to sleep in today. Yay!

Jan 22 11 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

I neither said nor meant 'immediately.'  But it's cancer (stage 1, at that).  It wasn't going to kill him in the time between the doc finding it and the patient waking up and being informed.  To imply that it HAD TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW is just factually incorrect.  That clause is in the auth forms in case a doctor is doing a surgery and something, say, ruptures and if they don't immediately fix it you'll die.  It's not so the doctor can go all willy-nilly (pun intended!) and go around lopping off penises.  If it's going to KILL YOU RIGHT NOW, they have the moral obligation to fix it.  If it's not going to KILL YOU RIGHT NOW, they have the moral obligation to inform you of your options when you come out of anesthesia.

The thing is, there's ways to treat cancer that don't involve amputating the whole damn thing, and for him to just cut it off without the informed consent of the patient is, in fact, negligence and that doctor should have his license revoked.

It's great that you wouldn't mind have your dick lopped off, but I'd rather have the options explained to me so that I can make the decision about what happens to my body.

(EDIT to clarify: I don't actually think Mark wants his dick cut off, don't go getting any ideas people)

Jan 22 11 08:06 am Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:

Less than most photographers would demand

Jan 22 11 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Less than most photographers would demand

If I can't get a shoe over my stubbed toe, I probably won't be there...

Jan 22 11 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Hey, don't leave me hangin' out here in da wind...

LOL

sorry... left ya hanging

Jan 22 11 11:12 am Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

To whoever all is goinh/is at the M&G today, hope things go well, I've just got way too much on my plate this weekend.

Jan 22 11 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Event is over, it was a nice turn out, not our largest but not our smallest... a lot of good conversations going on and a little bit of shooting.

I will say this to those that pay attention to it... we had parity with the model to photographer ratio this time. That was nice smile

Photos will be posted later by me and hopefully others who were there

Jan 22 11 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I was there.

I had fun.

I saw Wolfie and Carrie.

My day is complete...

Jan 22 11 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Al Abbazia

Orlando, Florida, US

Event is over, it was a nice turn out, not our largest but not our smallest... a lot of good conversations going on and a little bit of shooting.

I will say this to those that pay attention to it... we had parity with the model to photographer ratio this time. That was nice smile

Photos will be posted later by me and hopefully others who were there

Glad it went well.

Besides having my daughter, I had a memorial service to attend today for a friend who passed on earlier this week. Maybe the next one.

Jan 22 11 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I was there.

I had fun.

I saw Wolfie and Carrie.

My day is complete...

Gee thanks Frank.

Jan 22 11 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

I was there.

I had fun.

I saw Wolfie and Carrie.

My day is complete...

Gee thanks Frank.

Well, I am his internet son...  big_smile

Jan 22 11 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

I was there.

I had fun.

I saw Wolfie and Carrie.

My day is complete...

Well, I am his internet son...  big_smile

I guess I can't argue w/ that.. you're alright for a stepson.
tongue

Jan 22 11 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

YAY.. decent 10 hr threadkill by me. tongue

Jan 23 11 04:22 am Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

I was there.

I had fun.

I saw Wolfie and Carrie.

My day is complete...

I notice the order of the names and I forgive you. Just remember next time, Wolfie didn't bring cupcakes. tongue

Jan 23 11 06:00 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Solstice Rain wrote:

I notice the order of the names and I forgive you. Just remember next time, Wolfie didn't bring cupcakes. tongue

Well, family comes first...  tongue   lol

Jan 23 11 06:42 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Solstice Rain wrote:

Your name was at the end of the sentence so it wouldn't be surrounded by all of those letters and words, thereby making your name more noticeable and giving your name more emphasis. Cupcakes not withstanding...

Jan 23 11 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

So excited to be taking pictures again tomorrow

It's been way too long.

Jan 23 11 09:36 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Where am I?

Work.

What did I do yesterday?

Work.

What am I doing tomorrow?

Medical testing for the acid reflux, and work.

Same for Tuesday.

Joy.

Jan 23 11 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:
Where am I?

Work.

What did I do yesterday?

Work.

What am I doing tomorrow?

Medical testing for the acid reflux, and work.

Same for Tuesday.

Joy.

Missed you yesterday...  I even came by right after work JUST to see you... I wuz sad wolf...  sad 

Ok, the cupcakes made up for it, but I wuz still disappointed...

Jan 23 11 12:39 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Missed you yesterday...  I even came by right after work JUST to see you... I wuz sad wolf...  sad 

Ok, the cupcakes made up for it, but I wuz still disappointed...

Dude, I work right down the street from you. Sure, I'm usually there until 6:30 or 7... or 8, but it's right around the corner. And there's lots of booze in the area.

I'm just sayin'.

Jan 23 11 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Dude, I work right down the street from you. Sure, I'm usually there until 6:30 or 7... or 8, but it's right around the corner. And there's lots of booze in the area.

I'm just sayin'.

Massive hint taken...  sad    But damn girl, you are working some crazy ass hours...

Jan 23 11 06:52 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

EricaDean wrote:

I'm just sayin'.

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Massive hint taken...  sad    But damn girl, you are working some crazy ass hours...

To quote the immortal mcchris, "Gotta make the money, credit's no good when the jawas run the shop in your neighborhood."

*shrug* I won't complain about having too much work when some people have none.

Jan 23 11 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

EricaDean wrote:

I'm just sayin'.

To quote the immortal mcchris, "Gotta make the money, credit's no good when the jawas run the shop in your neighborhood."

*shrug* I won't complain about having too much work when some people have none.

That is true.. I sometimes wanna punch people in the face when they bitch about their job.. I keep pointing out that there are plenty of people who would love to have the opportunity to bitch about a job...

Jan 23 11 06:58 pm Link