This thread was locked on 2012-04-05 10:02:14
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Ethical Question(for models)

Model

JessieLeigh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:

You should make the time they are fairly interesting books, and the one on Eve changed my perceptions of her.

You should always make time to read.

Says the guy on a site for models to network that claims he is "too lazy" to maintain his port... Interesting.

Maybe instead of making threads such as this, you should stop being lazy and go update your port with some of your fantastic work...?

Apr 03 12 03:29 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
In todays news.   Unconfirmed sources from people we can't name are telling us several major modeling agencies you have heard of but we won't say have had clients offered models drugs.   None of the models will allow their names used or what city or state they live in but they have written about this problem on blogs and websites.   More on this story as information develops.  In a related story models are also confirming that they have had sex, drank and engaged in recreational drug use.  In a shocking video hear from a friend of a friend of a model who claims that a fake agent gave her drugs and gasp tried to get her to take her clothing off for a nude shoot.

To protect her privacy the friend of a friend is masked.  OP, peddle that stuff some where else.

I find this post funny since in several of the other threads, one in particular springs to mind, you go off on people about how they should not out or expose people.

Apr 03 12 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Tony Lawrence wrote:
After reading the thread where you mentioned bringing weapons to a shoot my feeling is you may be a bit full of it.

Well I am sure its a lot easier for you to molest and rape unarmed unsuspecting llamas, but thankfully some people put personal safety on a higher priority.
I have worked with some great Photographers, whose studios just happen to be in bad parts of town due to no fault of thier own.

Tony Lawrence wrote:
I see no tear sheets in your profile and your images are not commercial or fashion level.

Yeah possibly because:

A. I am lazy.
B. Most photographers/clients want to see what llamas look like in the raw so that way they see what they are working with and what they can do with it.
C. I only posted what I happened to have on my computer, I didn't drag out my portfolio and upload everything.

\

Are you saying you don't know McDonalds? They are a house hold name and I am pretty sure they have a place near you.
(NOTE: NOT SAYING THAT MCDONALD WAS THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANY, MERELY AN EXAMPLE OF A HOUSE HOLD NAME EVERYONE KNOWS) 

I could tell you who my agent is, you would know instantly that they are legit. You could check with them and see that yes I do have a contract with them and their website probably hosts all of my better pictures.

Yes I have dated a reporter, I have also dated a circuit clerk, several llamas(bad idea) and even one of the Kentucky Horsemen football team's Filly Cheerleaders.(worse idea) Variety is the spice of life, try it out.

This whole thing is that you are upset that I have stepped on your toes and pointed out several obviously poor spots in the industry that in all likely hood you probably in gauge in for how defensive you are.
People who are overly defensive are compensating or covering up something.

If, I took you seriously I'd report you calling me a rapist but I don't.   What was your girlfriends name, you know the reporter.   Certainly you can tell us as her story was made public.   Give a link to the story or news reports.   Its not about stepping on anybodies toes.  Its about you being a outright liar in my view.   As, I said.   No tear sheets yet you've been here for along while.   Your images don't appear to be of the level that any serious agency could or would use.   You are in KY.   Not exactly a hot bed of industry level work.   Are you on IMBD?   Are you SAG?   What have you actually done?   It appears not more then come to MM with some bs.

Peddle it elsewhere.

Apr 03 12 03:31 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

JessieLeigh wrote:

Says the guy on a site for models to network that claims he is "too lazy" to maintain his port... Interesting.

Maybe instead of making threads such as this, you should stop being lazy and go update your port with some of your fantastic work...?

My portfolio is up to date with all my work. However I honestly don't view a profile on a public domain nearly as important...

Apr 03 12 03:33 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
My portfolio is up to date with all my work. However I honestly don't view a profile on a public domain nearly as important...

And why not, clients can come from anywhere, on any website they can find you so wouldnt you want the very best of you in as many places as possible?  Not just an agencies website?

And on your profile you say you do this just for fun...... ....

Apr 03 12 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Tony Lawrence wrote:
If, I took you seriously I'd report you calling me a rapist but I don't.   What was your girlfriends name, you know the reporter.   Certainly you can tell us as her story was made public.   Give a link to the story or news reports.   Its not about stepping on anybodies toes.  Its about you being a outright liar in my view.   As, I said.   No tear sheets yet you've been here for along while.   Your images don't appear to be of the level that any serious agency could or would use.   You are in KY.   Not exactly a hot bed of industry level work.   Are you on IMBD?   Are you SAG?   What have you actually done?   It appears not more then come to MM with some bs.

Peddle it elsewhere.

According to this thread he posted earlier...

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=829508

He's done 3 indie movies and 6 paid shoots and an agent who supposedly sucks and doesn't care about repping him noway. So no clue why he speaks better of his agent in this thread !!!

Seems to have never been with a reputable model agency !

Apr 03 12 03:38 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

Ronin_LLC wrote:

You should make the time they are fairly interesting books, and the one on Eve changed my perceptions of her.

You should always make time to read.

I read plenty of books big_smile
just not tyra banks' biography...

Apr 03 12 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Ronin wrote:
So yeah "legitimate" agencies do it too.

The last time I dealt with Storm was to look into flying a supermodel called Alek Wek from NY for a brief appearance at a Press conference for an African TV reality show.
My budget was 10% of what Storm were asking. Why would such an agency feel the need to make any additional money through crime? The lowest earning model at Storm is probably earning at least £25k a year and they handle six-figure deals for their models routinely. Unless you have some proof of your claim that mainstream agencies have "iffy" business on the side, as you put it, people are just going to think you are delusional.

It sounds like you have some beef against your agent or another agent, but perhaps the way you kicked off the topic, like a survey "hypothetically" etc, maybe didn't help. Maybe better to just spill the beans and discuss your issue?

Apr 03 12 03:41 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Again Defensive anger does more harm than good.

Tony Lawrence wrote:
What was your girlfriends name, you know the reporter. Certainly you can tell us as her story was made public.

Yeah in a university paper. And no, I don't thinks so. While you don't value a woman's personal safety I do.

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Give a link to the story or news reports.

How about you take a look a around this site for oh 5 minutes and see the hundreds of people asking about and reporting modeling scams?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Modleing scams

Apr 03 12 03:52 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Maria Michaela wrote:
I read plenty of books big_smile
just not tyra banks' biography...

I honestly had the same opinion at first, but its actually not that bad and if you hate her you will love the book.

Apr 03 12 03:55 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Rollo David Snook wrote:
The last time I dealt with Storm was to look into flying a supermodel called Alek Wek from NY for a brief appearance at a Press conference for an African TV reality show.
My budget was 10% of what Storm were asking. Why would such an agency feel the need to make any additional money through crime? The lowest earning model at Storm is probably earning at least £25k a year and they handle six-figure deals for their models routinely. Unless you have some proof of your claim that mainstream agencies have "iffy" business on the side, as you put it, people are just going to think you are delusional.

Eh, Greed? People who have power and money always want more power and money.
I honestly don't get it either.

Rollo David Snook wrote:
It sounds like you have some beef against your agent or another agent, but perhaps the way you kicked off the topic, like a survey "hypothetically" etc, maybe didn't help. Maybe better to just spill the beans and discuss your issue?

I don't always see eye to eye to with my agent, I still respect him. An ounce of decorum is worth a ton of equality.(I may have that quote wrong)

My friends and I discuses a lot of odd hypothetical thing. Right now we are discussing eating any type of animal. And the answers are kind funny/creepy.

Aside from being a great way to flex your mental muscles, and learn new things about your friends apparently its a great way to attract dumb trolls.

Apr 03 12 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Tony Lawrence wrote:
What was your girlfriends name, you know the reporter. Certainly you can tell us as her story was made public.

Yeah in a university paper. And no, I don't thinks so. While you don't value a woman's personal safety I do.

Tony Lawrence wrote:

How about you take a look a around this site for oh 5 minutes and see the hundreds of people asking about and reporting modeling scams?

Apr 03 12 04:05 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
You started this thread.   You've pretended to have some insider knowledge about the industry  and claimed your girlfriend was a reporter and did a story.   Again where is the link to the story.   What is her name?   What have you ever done?   What agency were you signed with?   Why are your photos as they are?   I know actual working major markets.   Guys at Ford for example.   Not that, I am a agency shooter.   This is what a real commercial or fashion models images look like:   http://www.dnamodels.com/men-main-board   SAG and AFTRA?   I don't believe you.   That means you have actual movie or commercial roles.   Again where are they?   

Anybody can claim a photo is from a published tear sheet but that doesn't seem like one.   So yes anybody can claim they are something on the Internet and that includes you.   However people who have actually done something can back their shi^ up.   Apparently you can't.   I wonder why.

You are not a 5 year old please stop throwing a tantrum you are only making yourself look bad.
If any of what you said was true you would have just walked away, instead you are being childish and defensive.

Again how funny that YOU, have made dozens of post raging about how people should not expose or out people/photographers/agent, yet here you are demanding that very thing.

You sad little man.

Apr 03 12 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Teila K Day Photography

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

I don't think any reasonable adult photographer, model, or any other person that has ties to any social "industry" would even flinch at the idea that some "household names" use or give others drugs of all things.

I wouldn't be shocked (nor care) if Martha Stew, folks in the Vatican, the Queen... or any other public figure was into something not quite "upstanding".  Such is a reality of business and life.

I might be surprised if 'Trump was found to have a basement filled with bones and was a cannibal that had eaten a lot of missing people... that might raise an eyebrow a tad (not much honestly would actually surprise me in this day)...  but drugs or prostitution?

= a huge "YAWN".

... no, I wouldn't even think of mentioning it to anyone if I knew because it's so trivial that I'd likely forget about it by night fall.

Apr 03 12 04:18 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

We should take bets on how long this thread takes to get locked big_smile
popcorn

Apr 03 12 04:20 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Teila K Day Photography wrote:
'Trump was found to have a basement filled with bones and was a cannibal that had eaten a lot of missing people... that might raise an eyebrow a tad (not much honestly would actually surprise me in this day)...

I am pretty sure that Trump's tupee is really a live squirrel and Trump himself is actually a robot that it controls....

Apr 03 12 04:23 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Los Angeles, California, US

David L wrote:
Nope.  I think I would just sever my relationship and find another agent.  Just being associated with someone who has some questionable ethics may give the appearance that I might have questionable ethics also.  My reputation is too valuable for that.

As my Mama always said, "if you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas."

Awwwwwwww!

Apr 03 12 04:27 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Ronin_LLC wrote:

I honestly had the same opinion at first, but its actually not that bad and if you hate her you will love the book.

Please. She already makes enough money off of fooling people. I'm not about to help her cause by buying her book.

Apr 03 12 04:28 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Tony Lawrence wrote:

Tony Lawrence wrote:

Apr 03 12 04:30 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

K I C K H A M wrote:
Please. She already makes enough money off of fooling people. I'm not about to help her cause by buying her book.

She didn't write the one I read and it was none to flattering for her. I will dig it up and see who did write it.

Apr 03 12 04:32 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

K I C K H A M wrote:
.... You haven't done an ad or had anything published since last fall?

.......... you should probably find yourself a new agent.

There is a lot more to it, but yeah the long and veiny is that my agent hasn't been exactly "blowin up" my phone.
Which honestly when a model brings you work, one would think you would see that there is potential for other work.

I actually have my monthly review meeting next Wednesday.

Apr 03 12 04:35 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Ronin_LLC wrote:

There is a lot more to it, but yeah the long and veiny is that my agent hasn't been exactly "blowin up" my phone.
Which honestly when a model brings you work, one would think you would see that there is potential for other work.

I actually have my monthly review meeting next Wednesday.

Bleh. Sucky.

Apr 03 12 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Mosttry

Ronin_LLC wrote:
This is a social reaction question done purely in harmless curiosity to gauge the average users ideology.

Blackmail, honestly in the Modeling industry is kind tame when you place it beside all the drugs and prostitution.

aroo???

Personally, I'll agree that this conversation *is* harmless--no one is actually doing anything.  But it genuinely makes me uncomfortable to think anyone might have such a blythe attitude toward the comitting of a crime...even if it's 'hypothetically' against someone of low moral character.

Similarly, I gotta do a spit-take when I read that such criminal activity--blackmail--is being described as "kinda tame".

We are what we do.  We are who we decide to be.

Apr 03 12 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mosttry

Jessie Shannon wrote:
We should take bets on how long this thread takes to get locked big_smile
popcorn

127 posts.

Apr 03 12 04:43 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Mosttry wrote:
Personally, I'll agree that this conversation *is* harmless--no one is actually doing anything.  But it gives me pause to think anyone might have such a blythe attitude toward the comitting of a crime...even if it's 'hypothetically' against someone of low moral character.

You should come to the pub wit hme and the boys some times. Right now were are "blythely" dissuading having sex with Bill Gates if he offered us a billion dollars.

Mosttry wrote:
Similarly, I gotta do a spit-take when I read that such criminal activity--blackmail--is being described as "kinda tame".

"Kind of tame COMPARED TO Drugs and Prostitution" Context is important. Personally I would rather be the victim of blackmail rather than drugs and prostitution.
(Of course you could argue Modeling is a form of Prostituting yourself, but I have had that conversation and its no fun.)

Apr 03 12 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Mosttry

Ronin_LLC wrote:
You should come to the pub wit hme and the boys some times. Right now were are "blythely" dissuading having sex with Bill Gates if he offered us a billion dollars.

Taking a blythe attitude with respect to whether or not you would enjoy sex with a specific individual CANNOT be compare to taking the committing of a crime lightly.  The fact that anyone would equate the two is actually astounding to me.  Offensive, even. 

EDIT:  And I'm assuming, of course that the entertainment factor for you--the factor that *does* allow you think there's a parallel is that Bill Gates is a man--as opposed to the fact that he's offering you money.

After all, why not discuss what you would do should  (some woman you're not attracted to) offered you a billion dollars.

Apr 03 12 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

J Henry

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Mosttry wrote:
Taking a blythe attitude with respect to whether or not you would enjoy sex with a specific individual CANNOT be compare to taking the committing of a crime lightly.  The fact that anyone would equate the two is actually astounding to me.

Homosexuality (Trump sleeping with one of "the boys") is still a crime in Flemingsburg, so that difference isn't quite there.

Apr 03 12 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Mosttry

J Henry wrote:
Homosexuality (Trump sleeping with one of "the boys") is still a crime in Flemingsburg, so that difference isn't quite there.

I'm thinking this is one of those instances where I should probably bow out of the conversation.

Apr 03 12 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

J Henry

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Mosttry wrote:
I'm thinking this is one of those instances where I should probably bow out of the conversation.

No need.  But the entire thread is much funnier if you've ever been there.

Apr 03 12 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Adding anyone who condones this sort of behavior to my theoretical "black ball" list...

Seriously, how do you think posting crap like this is going to advance your standing in the community?

Apr 03 12 04:59 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Mosttry wrote:
Taking a blythe attitude with respect to whether or not you would enjoy sex with a specific individual CANNOT be compare to taking the committing of a crime lightly.  The fact that anyone would equate the two is actually astounding to me.  Offensive, even. 

EDIT:  And I'm assuming, of course that the entertainment factor for you--the factor that *does* allow you think there's a parallel is that Bill Gates is a man--as opposed to the fact that he's offering you money.

After all, why not discuss what you would do should Janet Reno (or some woman you're not attracted to) offered you a billion dollars.

You mean the Rose O' Donald Question. Yes we have done that.

The point is these question are sheer hypothetical and some times philosophical question that none of us have any actual inclination of trying.

We do however talk about  more serious topic just as Koney 2012, Canada ditching the penny, and if killing Ringo and Mccartney would bring Lennon and Harrison back from the dead.

Apr 03 12 05:03 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What the fuckery is this!?

Apr 03 12 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Julian W I L D E

Portland, Oregon, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
This stems from some conversions I have had with some fellow models over few drinks and is completely hypothetical.

Say you are a model and your Agent while legit has some iffy side jobs/business practices or whatever. Not only do you know about it but have solid irrefutable proof, that if made public could ruin them.

Would you use the holding of that information to coerce them into advancing your career/getting you better higher paying jobs?

Thought it would be fun to see how many people would take advantage of the situation. I am NOT saying you should do this.

People who think the "fashion/modeling" biz is any different from any other industry... just have a limited Life Experience.  Whether you're in real estate, law, medicine, hospitality, public relations, the music industry... pick the industry and name your poison!  This industry is not any different than the others.  ;-)

-JULIAN

Apr 03 12 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Magic Image Photography

Temple City, California, US

Karma is a Bitch. I stay far away from Drama and Karma. Once the word gets out you got your gig from Black mailing some important that is it your life is over because no one is going to want to work with you.

Apr 03 12 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

@ Julian  1, but I wouldnt know, I'm just a dumb https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iw5TaUpM1OI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABg/oWjr6XtVW8o/s120-c/photo.jpg apparently.

And Jessie for president or moderator or something...

sorry did you say Flemingsburg or FLAMINGSBURG.

Apr 03 12 09:04 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Maybe. Depends on what it is, and how confident I am in my blackmailing capabilities.

Apr 03 12 09:15 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Considering extortion is illegal, I wouldn't even entertain the idea.

Apr 03 12 09:18 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Filthy McNipples wrote:
Maybe. Depends on what it is, and how confident I am in my blackmailing capabilities.

Good question... In the original debate we went with 100% undeniable proof, like you have the owner on tape bragging about it or something.
Basically there is no way they can deny it.

Apr 03 12 09:49 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Good question... In the original debate we went with 100% undeniable proof, like you have the owner on tape bragging about it or something.
Basically there is no way they can deny it.

Not in the facts of the blackmail, but in how much I want to blackmail and the personality of the owner, etc.
Like vaginaman manager at pizza place jacking cash from the registers to give himself loans for his side cocaine dealing, he did all my closing duties for me. A manager at apple sent me a picture of his penis, he excused himself from all reviews of my job performance or rated me neutral to well. I attempted to get a raise at my last job, with ample reasoning as to why, and almost got myself and someone else fired.
So... not so much about the objective truth, more about how well I think it would go over.

Apr 03 12 09:55 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Filthy McNipples wrote:

Not in the facts of the blackmail, but in how much I want to blackmail and the personality of the owner, etc.
Like vaginaman manager at pizza place jacking cash from the registers to give himself loans for his side cocaine dealing, he did all my closing duties for me. A manager at apple sent me a picture of his penis, he excused himself from all reviews of my job performance or rated me neutral to well. I attempted to get a raise at my last job, with ample reasoning as to why, and almost got myself and someone else fired.
So... not so much about the objective truth, more about how well I think it would go over.

Ok....First of not to be mean or off putting once you bring a hypothetical question into the realms of personal experience, it ceases to be a whimsical pondering , and becomes a fraction of reality.

As to your actual question about what you want or the managers actions, those are the X factor in the equation that is supposed to give you pause and contemplate your answer.

My original answer to this question a tentative yes, based on if it was 100% that I got away with it. However one person did answer no, not on a moral ground but on their lack of confidence on being able to pull it off.

FUN LITTLE FACT; this question is not 100% my own original creation. We get most of our hypothetical questions off of a prefab company EMD test.
A EMD test is a Ethical and Moral Delimas test, that many companies in countries like Japan, China, England, various European counties, and even some companies in the US require their employees to take depending on what kind of jog they are applying for.

This question is chance for advancement question, in most instances they want you to answer yes that you would do what ever is required to advance, because they are wanting ruthless people who will do what it takes to win.
That in its self I think is an ethical question, worth discussion.

The answer is up to you and shows what kind of person you are, if taken seriously, but we never do.

Apr 03 12 10:09 pm Link