Photographer

greg desiatov

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Why not, lets give it a go shall we.

May 21 08 08:06 am Link

Photographer

The Art of GVH

Anaheim, California, US

Ok... If anyone is still up to it.  Nice responses!!  Whew!

May 21 08 12:45 pm Link

Model

Heather LeStabbityDeath

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I have a whole bunch of new ones (but I have no idea which ones are new since my first critique.)

But don't worry, we're all patient and still here for you big_smile

May 21 08 03:49 pm Link

Model

Zaylah De Faye

Houston, Alaska, US

If still active I would absolutely love a critique thanks in advance smile

May 21 08 04:17 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

What page are you guys on now?

Jun 02 08 09:42 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

Kita St Cyr wrote:
What page are you guys on now?

Jun 06 08 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

MikeyBoy

Milltown, Wisconsin, US

... crank up the spanking machine, Sparky smile

Jun 06 08 01:46 pm Link

Model

Mistriss de morte

Wilmington, Delaware, US

me?
am i even considered an alt. model?

Jun 06 08 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

shadow_show

Northampton, England, United Kingdom

sorry mate utterly lost track what page are you up to ?

Jun 12 08 02:13 pm Link

Model

Nikel3

Phoenix, Arizona, US

i am not sure if my pics qualify??
let me know

Jun 12 08 03:19 pm Link

Model

Bettie-B

London, England, United Kingdom

Me please smile

Jun 12 08 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

8two

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

What do you guys think of this pose? https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080612/18/4851a3c9982de_m.jpg

Jun 12 08 06:51 pm Link

Model

Wenchi

San Francisco, California, US

I haven't gotten a critique by you in a couple months, and I would LOVE another one.

Jun 13 08 01:48 am Link

Model

Violet Leys

Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom

I'm replying again because I've updated my portfolio, I have some more pinup pics smile

Jun 13 08 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Immortal Visions

Dearborn, Michigan, US

some of mine have that feel, can you do mine please!!

Jun 13 08 02:45 pm Link

Model

Tempast Wulf

Los Angeles, California, US

If your still playing I am in

Jun 13 08 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

Lola666 wrote:
Me?

Lola666

Photo 1: A nice sensual piece (er... photo wink ).

Photo 2: This shot has a nice pose and composition. I'm not blown away by it, but it is solid.

Photo 3: I already told Clint when I reviewed his port that his best stuff were the ones with you as a model. Here is another example. Great emotion.

Photo 4: A fine b/w implied.

Photo 5: While this shot isn't my favorite by either you or Stu, I like it a lot.

Photo 6: This color shot, however, really isn't up to the level either of you are capable of. If it was by a different model and photographer, I wouldn't be so hard on it, but considering the source...

Photo 7: Nice simple pose here. On my monitor, the whites of the eyes pop a little too much - it could be that Boyd didn't optimize it for the web - but other than that it's fine. The design by Gothic Mommy is pretty kewl.

Photo 8: Again, gotta be a little tougher here - the pose, and the light and shadow interplay are probably not as dynamic as you guys hoped for, but it is nice. I'd say it's a cut above #6.

Photo 9: This is more like it! Normally I hate Dutch angle shots, but this one is great. Good job!

Photo 10: Fun. Great use of light and color in this photo. I love your expressions.

Photo 11: This one's always been one of the best shots of you. Very nicely done.

Photo 12: An interesting close up. Some minor flaws, but they're really too small to mention. This is a solid shot.

Photo 13: A very natural looking implied nude - maybe it's stating the obvious, but you and Clint work well together.

Photo 14: Of the Paper Moon close up portraits, I prefer this one better. I already said the other was a solid shot, but this one just seems to have a little more character.

Photo 15: Compare this implied nude with #13. You seem a little stiff here, and the arms across the breasts seems contrived, whereas in #13 it seems so natural. This is not a terrible shot, it's just a little weak in my opinion. I see it's titled "Comfort" which is ironic, because you seem the opposite of comfortable in it.

Photo 16: People seem to love this shot. I think Jellokittie will never get rid of it from her port. I think I told JK when I reviewed her port that it doesn't do a lot for me. I can kind of see why it's so popular, but the soft focus and other technical elements seem to detract from my enjoyment of it. Here's one where I'm probably wrong if you ask the masses, but it just leaves me a little cold.

Photo 17: A little less light on the face could have improved this shot. This really seems like a rather average snapshot to me. I'd drop it.

Photo 18: This high key portrait Stu did is another one of the best shots you have (it's one of my favorite he's done of any model, in fact). Nice subtle expression. Thoroughly excellent.

Photo 19: This is a hot shot. Another great nude by you and SPRINGHEEL. I told him (when I reviewed his port) that I really liked this shot - though I did make mention of the fact that I thought it had a bit too much negative space above and not enough below - but in all other ways it's great.

Photo 20: Great pose. Nice shot. This is a good low key shot.

Photo 21: I've noticed Andy likes posing models by/near windows, which normally I like, but this shot does nothing for me. It's technically fine, it just doesn't really seem to add to your port.

Photo 22: I love the wardrobe here, and I like most of the shots 'HEEL and you have done together. My only concern with this one is that the lighting could have flattered your figure a little more if it had been slightly tweaked. Otherwise, nice shot.

Photo 23: Not in genre.

Photo 24: This shot it a mixed bag for me. For the most part it is a great sensual pose, especially exposing just one breast. However, I don't like how the dark material or clothing or whatever cuts  your body off in the lower third of the frame. Just a little light so that the bottom wasn't a black hole would have made this a great shot in your portfolio instead of a mid-ling one.

Photo 25: Nihilus' stuff is always amazing. This shot is no exception. My only comment here is that you spelled his name wrong in the © field.

Photo 26: I like it. It's not the standard BDSM shot. The dress does sort of ruin the curve of your bust in a silhouette like this - I'd have chosen a slightly different wardrobe - but it's a really dramatic shot.

Photo 27: This is great. I like the other one of you from this set a bit better, but this shot is great too.

Photo 28: Compositionally, this is the best fine art nude you have. Very beautiful.

Photo 29: Nice and fun. Maybe not an award winning shot, but cool.

Photo 30: This is fine. Eric really pushed the saturation on this, but it looks decent enough. Maybe not a long-term keeper, but can't really see getting rid of it either until you need a pic slot.

Photo 31: I don't know why, but I find this one very beautiful. Perhaps because it is one of the few natural color shots you have. Nice.

Photo 32: Stu's fruit series. Outstanding. Of course.

Sorry about the delay; the move and all the traveling has put me way behind.
Also sorry we didn't get to shoot when I lived in MI - I really hope we do get to shoot together someday.

Enjoy the night!
- fotographia fantastique

Aug 11 08 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Are we still going?

Aug 12 08 12:03 am Link

Model

Lola

Gibraltar, Michigan, US

Fotographia Fantastique wrote:

Lola666

Photo 1: A nice sensual piece (er... photo wink ).

Photo 2: This shot has a nice pose and composition. I'm not blown away by it, but it is solid.

Photo 3: I already told Clint when I reviewed his port that his best stuff were the ones with you as a model. Here is another example. Great emotion.

Photo 4: A fine b/w implied.

Photo 5: While this shot isn't my favorite by either you or Stu, I like it a lot.

Photo 6: This color shot, however, really isn't up to the level either of you are capable of. If it was by a different model and photographer, I wouldn't be so hard on it, but considering the source...

Photo 7: Nice simple pose here. On my monitor, the whites of the eyes pop a little too much - it could be that Boyd didn't optimize it for the web - but other than that it's fine. The design by Gothic Mommy is pretty kewl.

Photo 8: Again, gotta be a little tougher here - the pose, and the light and shadow interplay are probably not as dynamic as you guys hoped for, but it is nice. I'd say it's a cut above #6.

Photo 9: This is more like it! Normally I hate Dutch angle shots, but this one is great. Good job!

Photo 10: Fun. Great use of light and color in this photo. I love your expressions.

Photo 11: This one's always been one of the best shots of you. Very nicely done.

Photo 12: An interesting close up. Some minor flaws, but they're really too small to mention. This is a solid shot.

Photo 13: A very natural looking implied nude - maybe it's stating the obvious, but you and Clint work well together.

Photo 14: Of the Paper Moon close up portraits, I prefer this one better. I already said the other was a solid shot, but this one just seems to have a little more character.

Photo 15: Compare this implied nude with #13. You seem a little stiff here, and the arms across the breasts seems contrived, whereas in #13 it seems so natural. This is not a terrible shot, it's just a little weak in my opinion. I see it's titled "Comfort" which is ironic, because you seem the opposite of comfortable in it.

Photo 16: People seem to love this shot. I think Jellokittie will never get rid of it from her port. I think I told JK when I reviewed her port that it doesn't do a lot for me. I can kind of see why it's so popular, but the soft focus and other technical elements seem to detract from my enjoyment of it. Here's one where I'm probably wrong if you ask the masses, but it just leaves me a little cold.

Photo 17: A little less light on the face could have improved this shot. This really seems like a rather average snapshot to me. I'd drop it.

Photo 18: This high key portrait Stu did is another one of the best shots you have (it's one of my favorite he's done of any model, in fact). Nice subtle expression. Thoroughly excellent.

Photo 19: This is a hot shot. Another great nude by you and SPRINGHEEL. I told him (when I reviewed his port) that I really liked this shot - though I did make mention of the fact that I thought it had a bit too much negative space above and not enough below - but in all other ways it's great.

Photo 20: Great pose. Nice shot. This is a good low key shot.

Photo 21: I've noticed Andy likes posing models by/near windows, which normally I like, but this shot does nothing for me. It's technically fine, it just doesn't really seem to add to your port.

Photo 22: I love the wardrobe here, and I like most of the shots 'HEEL and you have done together. My only concern with this one is that the lighting could have flattered your figure a little more if it had been slightly tweaked. Otherwise, nice shot.

Photo 23: Not in genre.

Photo 24: This shot it a mixed bag for me. For the most part it is a great sensual pose, especially exposing just one breast. However, I don't like how the dark material or clothing or whatever cuts  your body off in the lower third of the frame. Just a little light so that the bottom wasn't a black hole would have made this a great shot in your portfolio instead of a mid-ling one.

Photo 25: Nihilus' stuff is always amazing. This shot is no exception. My only comment here is that you spelled his name wrong in the © field.

Photo 26: I like it. It's not the standard BDSM shot. The dress does sort of ruin the curve of your bust in a silhouette like this - I'd have chosen a slightly different wardrobe - but it's a really dramatic shot.

Photo 27: This is great. I like the other one of you from this set a bit better, but this shot is great too.

Photo 28: Compositionally, this is the best fine art nude you have. Very beautiful.

Photo 29: Nice and fun. Maybe not an award winning shot, but cool.

Photo 30: This is fine. Eric really pushed the saturation on this, but it looks decent enough. Maybe not a long-term keeper, but can't really see getting rid of it either until you need a pic slot.

Photo 31: I don't know why, but I find this one very beautiful. Perhaps because it is one of the few natural color shots you have. Nice.

Photo 32: Stu's fruit series. Outstanding. Of course.

Sorry about the delay; the move and all the traveling has put me way behind.
Also sorry we didn't get to shoot when I lived in MI - I really hope we do get to shoot together someday.

Enjoy the night!

Thank you so much...I agree with alot of what you had said...You are an amazing photographer and any insite you give I am thankful..

I am very sad we did not get to work together..sad

I am going to make it happen dang it...Just need to try for the long term plan..insted of me shooting you a hey lets shoot message..which I am sorry I could not work out...

Aug 12 08 10:34 am Link

Model

Elle Excentrique

Chicago, Illinois, US

If you're still up to this, I'd love one!

Aug 12 08 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

Jessica Elliot wrote:
Here's mine!

https://modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=5218064

Excellent. I love how the photographer used lots of negative space to highlight your F/X. Good job!

Aug 12 08 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

D-O-N-S-I-R

Norwalk, California, US

Ok, I'm ready for another go around.  Let's see how it goes this time!  The line starts where?

Aug 12 08 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

RC Images wrote:

Welcome back to the world of MM, it's good to see you again. 
I'm glad to see you're starting this thread back up, it's definitely the one I enjoy reading the most.  (Even with your bias against dutch angles) wink
Should we get back in line, or will you be picking up where you left off?

No need to get back in line, but you might have to let me know which one's are new since the last time I reviewed your port.

Aug 12 08 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

Reminder - this is a serious, intensive and well thought out critique thread - do not expect a quick response - you will receive a notice in your "tags" when a response is posted, though it may not be a link to the exact page.

Aug 12 08 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

No need to get back in line, but you might have to let me know which one's are new since the last time I reviewed your port.

Let's see, going by the dates posted, 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 19 are new additions.

Aug 13 08 01:16 am Link

Model

RenaBeana

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

Me pretty please and thanks!

Aug 13 08 01:26 am Link

Model

Rachel Haywire

Is there a way to search for yourself in this thread? I'm not sure if I got a critique or not due to the size of it. I also forget if I even asked. If I have not been critiqued I would like one.

Aug 13 08 01:32 am Link

Model

Rachel Haywire

Bump. This thread is too long and we need a way of finding our critiques. Any ideas welcome.

Aug 13 08 02:03 am Link

Model

Lullaby Blue

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

hey im not exactly new at this modelling malarky but i could do with being told were im going wrong.... so let me know if you can!

Aug 13 08 07:57 am Link

Photographer

Mike Chaiken

Bristol, Connecticut, US

talk to me about the dark side

Aug 13 08 08:16 am Link

Model

Fleur du Mal

Derby, England, United Kingdom

I'll play!

Aug 13 08 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

RC Images wrote:

Let's see, going by the dates posted, 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 19 are new additions.

O.K., you'll be up soon.

Aug 14 08 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

Rachel Haywire wrote:
Is there a way to search for yourself in this thread? I'm not sure if I got a critique or not due to the size of it. I also forget if I even asked. If I have not been critiqued I would like one.

According to the tags on your profile page, you asked and were critiqued here.
I'll resend the page number in your tags.

Aug 14 08 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

Rachel Haywire wrote:
Bump. This thread is too long and we need a way of finding our critiques. Any ideas welcome.

Don't worry about the length - this thread will be reset soon.

Aug 14 08 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

RC Images

Photo 2: Love the location and the wardrobe, but the flash fill was too strong here. I recommend using a sto-fen or other diffuser in the future for this type of shot.

Photo 6: Very nice. Conpositionally, I would have liked the subject just the tiniest bit more toward the center, but nice nonetheless.

Photo 7: Excellent photo. Personally, I'm really sick of the chest-in, shoulders-thrust-forward pose, but I can't really fault anything else here.

Photo 10: It's O.K. I would have dirtied up the mirror even more.

Photo 11: I'm a sucker for the Geisha stuff. This is awesome. You could probably make some decent change off this one as a stock photo.

Photo 12: Very nice portrait. With her snake bite and septum piercings, a direct at the camera shot was a very good choice. Well done!

Photo 14: O.K., not really in genre here, but it's such an awesome motion capture shot, I had to say, Kudos!

Photo 19: Very beautiful; you're lighting and framing of that pose are spot-on.

Your portfolio is shows significant improvement since last review. Good job.

Enjoy the night!

*disclaimer* I am temporarily using an LCD monitor. It has been calibrated, but is not as good as my CRT. There are no doubt subtle differences between the image you see on your screen and the one I see on mine. In other words, with regards to these reviews for the time being, YMMV

Aug 14 08 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

carpo animus wrote:
although i don't really like to be categorized as "dark", i would love to hear what you have to say.  thanks!!  smile

You do have some that I'd call "dark".
And the DCP is kind of a misnomer since we deal with a lot of "light" artistic work here to.

carpo animus

Photo 1: Not crazy about this one. It's kind of flat, lacking in contrast.

Photo 2: I have no idea what this is supposed to be communicating, but I think it's great.

Photo 3: I wish the aspect ratios of the two shots were the same, but otherwise a nice diptych.

Photo 4: This is better. The equal frame sizes give a nice feeling of motion from left to right.

Photo 5: Nice. I love the anonymous feel here.

Photo 6: Stellar's fly-away hair gives the shot a nice balance between posed and candid that make the portrait seem really authentic.

Photo 7: I see you were going for a real contrast in this pairing, though somehow it doesn't really work as well as some of your other multiple shot images.

Photo 8: Haunting image. Well done.

Photo 9: The lens flare and cross processing (or whatever is going on here) really make this shot interesting. Very artistic.

Photo 10: Normally I like grainy black and whites. This one isn't terrible, but it's the least of your work so far.

Photo 11: Man, does everyone you shoot have crazy amounts of hair (except Orixx)? Nice one, though a little more negative space at the top might have been good.

Photo 12: Weird. It kind of reminds me of a yin-yang.

Photo 13: The light and shadow and textures are outstanding here.

Photo 14: This is your best portrait, it can be read so many ways. The styling, the expression, the fast fall-off speed on the face, the nudity all help make it mysterious and intriguing.

Photo 15: O.K., with that veil, I definitely would have like more headroom here - or, failing that, a tighter crop.

Photo 16: Excellent study of light and shadow. BTW, I should mention that this model is really comfortable in front of the camera - whoever she is, I would really, really like to shoot with her myself.

Photo 17: Nice. I'd flip the order on these shots to draw the viewer in (since most of us scan with our eyes from left-to-right), but that's just me.

Photo 18: Double exposures that are also story scenes have to be really well thought out. If the caption is any indication, a suicide is what we are supposed to see here, but it doesn't really come across. Not that that's terrible, but to me it reads much different.

Photo 19: A nice lightweight profile shot.

Photo 20: I think I want to laugh at this... I think...

Sorry about the long wait.

*disclaimer* I am temporarily using an LCD monitor. It has been calibrated, but is not as good as my CRT. There are no doubt subtle differences between the image you see on your screen and the one I see on mine. In other words, with regards to these reviews for the time being, YMMV

Enjoy the night!

Aug 14 08 11:56 am Link

Model

Eli Ink

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

How I never saw this thread is beyond me... lol
ok so am I too late???

Aug 14 08 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

Heather LeStabbityDeath wrote:
Has mine changed enough to be critiqued again?

It sure has! It was the pre-LeStabbity days last time you were critiqued here.

edit: Or do I get the delight of a springheel critique?

He doesn't work here anymore. The place is under new management.

(I just keep coming back because the critiques are awesome, and I want to be better. Sorry for the harassment wink I think I has maybe done some better stuff since the last time I was in the rotation here, but maybe not...I don't remembers.)

Heather LeStabbityDeath

Photo 1: It's O.K., but you kind of get lost up there in all that scenery.

Photo 2: Much better. Bringing you to this side of the rails really gives this shot some bang.

Photo 3: A good portrait. The pose isn't the usual and adds (dare I say it...?) punch.

Photo 4: Beautiful photo, although, if judging by the caption, the goal was to show off your ink, it's only moderately successful in that regard.

Photo 5: Uh-oh, you know how I (and SPRINGHEEL before me) feel about Dutch angles. Seriously, I like the use of lighting and all that fabric, but it just seems like there should have been a better shot from this shoot.

Photo 6: O.K., the angle is a little more excusable here since there is no background. This isn't among your best, but it's playful, and that's a good thing.

Photo 7: Another cool portrait here. This one really showcases some fine work by the MUA.

Photo 8: Same comments as #7, but the addition of color and your awesome expression make this the better shot.

Photo 9: This has to be one of the only self-tongue-piercing shots on the entire planet, and for that alone it needs to be kept.

Photo 10: O.K., technically not in genre, and another Dutch angle shot, but...
*JAW DROP*
OMG, you have an amazing body!!! Forgive me, but you have to keep this one. If nothing else it at the very least proves that even though you are a serious hard rockin', tattooed alternachick, you could do glamor nude with the best of them.

Photo 11: Spade's birthday present. Both of your expressions are priceless, and this is such a great shot for so many reasons. It's awesome, let's just leave it at that. And this is another you have to keep, because who knows if we'll ever see that Persian firecracker again.

Photo 12: Here we have a great concept that sort of falls down in execution. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty out there whose entire ports are filled with less interesting images than this, but from you two I have a pretty high standard based on your past work together. You're fine, but I think Casper could improve this shot with a little more fooling around in P-shop.

Photo 13: This is adorable. That looks just like the log cabin I shot my movie in. Anyway, what can I say, it's just an attractive looking shot.

Photo 14: Eh? This lingerie one is done from an interesting angle, but it really doesn't do a lot for me (or you).

Photo 15: Everyone needs one good casual shot. This is yours.

Photo 16: Previously reviewed.

Photo 17: Another great portrait. As I mentioned in the review above, subjects with snakebite piercings look best in close up portraits when their face is oriented directly toward the camera. Pretty.

Photo 18: O.K., I have to admit, I've never really figured out what you're trying to do to yourself in this series, but the photos are great. The close up of the scalpel on the boob just looks shudderingly painful.

Photo 19: Previously reviewed.

Photo 20: It's O.K., but I don't like the framing. I'd have liked it better if all of the playing card tat was in frame.

Photo 21: Previously reviewed.

Photo 22: This one is fine. There's nothing about it that really grabs me, though.

Photo 23: I was going to say this one was "haunting", but then I saw the caption. Mission accomplished.

Photo 24: This may not be my favorite portrait of yours, but it certainly isn't bad. Maybe keep it around unless and until you really need to make room.

Photo 25: Previously reviewed.

Photo 26: Blah. Lose it.

Photo 27: A nice candid looking shot (as opposed to 'casual' looking shot as in #15). Simple, but reveals some subtleties of personality.

Photo 28: Previously reviewed.

Photo 29: Even though the subject is "just hanging around", good suspension shots are hard to get (trust me I know) - this is one of the better ones I've seen - getting the hooks and the face in the shot and relatively in focus. Keep it.

Photo 30-34: Previously reviewed.

Photo 35: I don't like how all the blacks seem to melt together. Your boots are fused. Your fishnet is a field.

Photo 36: This is one of those shots that's "almost there". I can tell it could have been good, but I'm not sure why it isn't. It lacks... something.

Photo 37: Nice, but kind of superfluous after the way cool self-surgery collage.

Photo 38: Light painting shots always look better to me when there is less "spill" of light onto surrounding surfaces. Couple that with a rather plain pose, and I'd call this a "moderately successful" experiment. Glad you guys tried it, but you've done better work together than this.

Photo 39: This is fine, but there's something I find distracting about the shadows and furniture behind you. Also, Stephen's watermark could have been a little lower - your feet are in the foreground, so it would be nice to see 'em.

Photo 40: Hate it. Death's been at it for a long time; I don't think even the Grim Reaper would be caught dead in polyester.

Photo 41: Whoa! You can do 'vulnerable'? This is a great shot, and very different from your tough girl image. Excellent.

You have grown and developed so much as a model since just one year ago.
I already mentioned some of the shots that are total left-turns from the expected.
You've always been one of my favorite models on this site, and I can't wait to see more from you.

sorry for the wait

Enjoy the night!

Aug 14 08 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Buffalo Head Ballet

Ashland, California, US

im down to hear what you think of my fetish port

Aug 14 08 03:02 pm Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

This is the first time I've thought I might have enough to enter the parlor.

Should I wipe my feet or leave my shoes at the door?

Aug 14 08 03:28 pm Link