Forums > Events > Phoenix Meet & Greet VI

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Viktoriya T wrote:

How about peter piper pizza??? LOL j/k...

funny story: I was actually going to come...I was driving and everything...just ask jeremy...so I pull up to the Tilted Kilt...then after an hour or so I realize I'm at the wrong location...IDIOT!

lol. I actually thought about that happening, but that I would be in the wrong location.

Jan 20 07 02:55 am Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

hate that posting problem

Jan 20 07 02:55 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Viktoriya T wrote:

funny story: I was actually going to come...I was driving and everything...just ask jeremy...so I pull up to the Tilted Kilt...then after an hour or so I realize I'm at the wrong location...IDIOT!

Well if the building said "Tilted Kilt" then you were at the right place... for some reason, I kept looking for a sign saying "Twisted Kilt".. and couldnt find it... but I didnt get lost.. I found the right place.. just turned into the wrong driveway and passed Lowes Hardware before realizing I was across the street and down the block..

Aaron... go on a Friday evening.. then you will know how it would sound, look and smell when we are there... oh wait.. it wouldnt smell as wonderful without all our female beautys there.

Jan 20 07 07:56 am Link

Model

Holly Dell

Los Angeles, California, US

Gabrielle Danielle wrote:

Congradulations Holly D... what's the due date, Sept. what?

23rd!  The kid will be my mom's first grandchild!  Thus, my first neice or nephew!  I'm hoping for a girl, but I'm sure they'll be happy regardless!  smile  ooo ooo Makes me want me own!  Darn career focus - haha...that and not having a husband.  haha

Jan 20 07 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

It was good seeing everyone there, but I agree that room was way to tight no where to sit (so I stayed put in my chair) and enjoyed seeing everybody, Im off to do a couple of rainy day shoots (UGH)
Great to meet everybody !!!

Mac
Yes Steph I will try hard in the next week to get down there

Mac Wolff
pss
Some of the Best photography I have ever seen you guys are awesome

Jan 20 07 10:36 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

AndrewG wrote:

Well if the building said "Tilted Kilt" then you were at the right place... for some reason, I kept looking for a sign saying "Twisted Kilt".. and couldnt find it... but I didnt get lost.. I found the right place.. just turned into the wrong driveway and passed Lowes Hardware before realizing I was across the street and down the block..

Aaron... go on a Friday evening.. then you will know how it would sound, look and smell when we are there... oh wait.. it wouldnt smell as wonderful without all our female beautys there.

There's a tilted kilt in Tempe.... my husband thought that was where I was goign to be going.... easy to confuse....

Jan 20 07 11:15 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Holly D wrote:

23rd!  The kid will be my mom's first grandchild!  Thus, my first neice or nephew!  I'm hoping for a girl, but I'm sure they'll be happy regardless!  smile  ooo ooo Makes me want me own!  Darn career focus - haha...that and not having a husband.  haha

Awww... I'm partial to Sept. babies... my oldest son's b-day is Sept. 12th, & my younger son's is Sept. 24th.... = D Best of luck to your entire family! Babies are great!

Jan 20 07 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

sad Missed you!!!

= (

I'm so sad... I'm supposed to be there... & I ended up having to stay home. No fun for me! Let me know how it went....

Jan 20 07 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I wish you would have been there... I made it and had to leave early, but it would have been nice to meet you!

Viktoriya T wrote:

Jan 20 07 11:26 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Hey Aaron...

Time to figure out a date for the February M&G.. I would like to suggest the 16th.

Jan 20 07 11:29 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
sad Missed you!!!

Aww.. thank you, I missed you too!! Maybe I will make the next one... or the one after!! = (

Jan 20 07 11:34 am Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

lalala...I'm just bored so bump bump..

Jan 20 07 12:26 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Aww.. thank you, I missed you too!! Maybe I will make the next one... or the one after!! = (

Gives sad face and says you were missed smile

Jan 20 07 12:27 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

wolff wrote:
It was good seeing everyone there, but I agree that room was way to tight no where to sit (so I stayed put in my chair) and enjoyed seeing everybody, Im off to do a couple of rainy day shoots (UGH)
Great to meet everybody !!!

Mac
Yes Steph I will try hard in the next week to get down there

Mac Wolff
pss
Some of the Best photography I have ever seen you guys are awesome

you better mac!!! You know I love working with you. smile

Jan 20 07 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I may have a solution to the meeting room problem.  I shoot at Art Stage Sound in central Phoenix.  It's a few blocks from the I-10/N. 7th Street exit.  It has a large gallery room with exhibits and a small stage, and next to it a large studio room (800sq ft as I recall).  It's big enough to fit eveyone and more, but it's also kinda down-home cozy.  There's no competition with a noisy bar or restaurant.  Also no smoking but the door is never more than a few steps away.

Dean ,the proprietor, and I have talked about hosting an open house or photog/model/mua gathering there.  He might be up for hosting a meet & greet.  It's not licensed for hard alcohol, but it's probably cool to byob beer and wine, and possibly if we hired a caterer they would have the license for the hard booze.  Or leave your little brown bag in the car.

It's a cool place to shoot, too, if anyone needs to rent cheap studio time.

If folks like the idea I'll volunteer to set it up (and convince Dean that it's the right thing to do!).

JD

Jan 20 07 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

mjkhfryimhg

Tucson, Arizona, US

hey it was nice meeting everyone there!!!!

Jan 20 07 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

The next MnG will be on the 16th

Jan 20 07 07:36 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

ADGibson wrote:

awww...I don't think I can make the 16th sad

Jan 20 07 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Goodwin

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:
I may have a solution to the meeting room problem.  I shoot at Art Stage Sound in central Phoenix.  It's a few blocks from the I-10/N. 7th Street exit.  It has a large gallery room with exhibits and a small stage, and next to it a large studio room (800sq ft as I recall).  It's big enough to fit eveyone and more, but it's also kinda down-home cozy.  There's no competition with a noisy bar or restaurant.  Also no smoking but the door is never more than a few steps away.

Dean ,the proprietor, and I have talked about hosting an open house or photog/model/mua gathering there.  He might be up for hosting a meet & greet.  It's not licensed for hard alcohol, but it's probably cool to byob beer and wine, and possibly if we hired a caterer they would have the license for the hard booze.  Or leave your little brown bag in the car.

If folks like the idea I'll volunteer to set it up (and convince Dean that it's the right thing to do!).

JD

Hey Jefferson, sounds like a great idea to have a meet and greet there. If you get it set up there I'll go.

Jan 20 07 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

The Pirate and I will be there - wherever "there" turns out to be!!  Great seeing everyone last night!

S

P.S.  Are we about due for a new thread?  *L*

Jan 20 07 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:
The Pirate and I will be there - wherever "there" turns out to be!!  Great seeing everyone last night!

S

Yep.. new thread time.. but we need a location first I think...

And the place should have  food available.. and beverages..  in my opinion....

Jan 20 07 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

ADGibson wrote:

Cool.. just before my mmmm Birthday.  (sorry for the mumbling.. but I just cant say it out loud..)

Jan 20 07 10:11 pm Link

Model

Holly Dell

Los Angeles, California, US

Awww... I'm partial to Sept. babies... my oldest son's b-day is Sept. 12th, & my younger son's is Sept. 24th.... = D Best of luck to your entire family! Babies are great!

Thanks!  Love kids.  I have 12 years experience working with kids!  If you ever need a babysitter...haha.  I have 2 friends with b-days in Sep. (this is off topic haha).  Actually most are June or October it seems...arg.  And I wanted June all to myself.  lol

Okay, and now resuming our previously scheduled forum topic:

Jan 20 07 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Valach

Avondale, Arizona, US

AndrewG wrote:

Yep.. new thread time.. but we need a location first I think...

And the place should have  food available.. and beverages..  in my opinion....

I agree that drink and beverage should be present, although I'd sure like to get some "happy hour" prices. So maybe we can start at 6pm...

A "hard' liqour carterer is hard to get.. I've been looking for one for an event, beer and wine is easier... the insurance and licensing is a huge pain to get.

I like the location, off the I-10 is good for me....

Just a few comments.

Jan 20 07 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Paul Valach wrote:

I agree that drink and beverage should be present, although I'd sure like to get some "happy hour" prices. So maybe we can start at 6pm...

A "hard' liqour carterer is hard to get.. I've been looking for one for an event, beer and wine is easier... the insurance and licensing is a huge pain to get.

I like the location, off the I-10 is good for me....

Just a few comments.

Paul.. ok.. step away from the computer.. put the glass down and go get sober...  drink and beverage are the same thing. I said FOOD and Beverages..  >grin>

Jan 20 07 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Valach

Avondale, Arizona, US

AndrewG wrote:

Paul.. ok.. step away from the computer.. put the glass down and go get sober...  drink and beverage are the same thing. I said FOOD and Beverages..  >grin>

Hmmm symantecs../// I think I need a drunk, uh drink....ok, look in reality we need to have a jacuzzi there.. for the models!!! no not me and or Andrew.. please no reason to scare the women, children or animals any more than they are already anyways.

Jan 20 07 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I'm watching to see what other ideas come up.

Jan 21 07 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

That sounds like an awesome idea! I put my vote in for that location smile

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

JD

Jan 21 07 03:02 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Will that make us "re-threads"?

tongue lol

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:

S

Jan 21 07 03:03 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Symantec makes a half-way decent antivirus program... might you mean "semantics"? tongue

Paul Valach wrote:

Hmmm symantecs../// I think I need a drunk, uh drink....ok, look in reality we need to have a jacuzzi there.. for the models!!! no not me and or Andrew.. please no reason to scare the women, children or animals any more than they are already anyways.

Jan 21 07 03:06 am Link

Photographer

Mad Medic

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

How about the next one on this side of the planet!  ;-)  (far West side instead of the far East)

Jan 21 07 05:10 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Symantec makes a half-way decent antivirus program... might you mean "semantics"? tongue

Carlos,

Paul has a problem using spelling or computers while he is drinking. He misspells word, uses words that dont exist, etc.. It stems from a problem he had while incarcerated in the state pen. Or was that when he was incinerated in the state pen. or was that the time he was inebriated at the state pen? Oh well, I forget, but you gotta go to the post office and see his images.. they have a gallery there and his images are very prominent.

Hey Paul.. I told you I thought you should step away from that computer...

Jan 21 07 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Far East! We haven't had any meets any where near Mesa!!!

Mad medic wrote:
How about the next one on this side of the planet!  ;-)  (far West side instead of the far East)

Jan 21 07 12:42 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Far East! We haven't had any meets any where near Mesa!!!

pokes carlos!! smile

Jan 21 07 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Darkdesire wrote:

pokes carlos!! smile

Careful Stephie, if you poke him to hard he might bite

Jan 21 07 02:39 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Leo Howard wrote:

Careful Stephie, if you poke him to hard he might bite

LOL @ Leo

I'm gentle *evil grin*

Jan 21 07 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Jim Goodwin wrote:
Hey Jefferson, sounds like a great idea to have a meet and greet there. If you get it set up there I'll go.

It would be great to see you, Jim.  It's been too long.

Folks, we've been jammed into bars for every M&G.  How about trying something a little different where we don't have to shout to each other or squeeze through tight knots of people to get to the portfolio table?  Hell, we might even get to network!
If it turns out to be awful, your worst meet & greet nightmare, then we don't have to do it again.

Jan 21 07 03:47 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Jim Goodwin wrote:

Now I really wish I could attend the next one...but unfortuntelay other obligations come first. Eventually I will get a chance to meet you Jim.

Still loving your work!!

Jan 21 07 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

ADGibson wrote:
I'm watching to see what other ideas come up.

If you need anything getting things set up, let me know - I know it's a lot of work planning all these!

S

Jan 21 07 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Once we have a decent group there we could order some Pizza... or everyone could just stop somewhere and bring their own food/drink...

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

It would be great to see you, Jim.  It's been too long.

Folks, we've been jammed into bars for every M&G.  How about trying something a little different where we don't have to shout to each other or squeeze through tight knots of people to get to the portfolio table?  Hell, we might even get to network!
If it turns out to be awful, your worst meet & greet nightmare, then we don't have to do it again.

Jan 22 07 01:50 am Link