Forums > Events > Phoenix Meet & Greet VI

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

Good luck be safe, Uncle sam squeezed 7 yrs outta me too, in places Id rather not visit again ever !!

Jan 12 07 07:36 am Link

Model

Holly Dell

Los Angeles, California, US

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:
I certainly must agree with that last statement!  At least the part about the old ugly bald...  Wasn't there something about older guys being attractive because they have power?  Well, I musta forgot to pay the bill 'cause the power's out!

But I'm surprised about the first point I quoted.  I've taken a couple of llamas to meet and greets and they were mobbed by photographers.  It was sort of like pirhana fish swirling around them, it wasn't a pretty sight. (I'm kidding--my dry humor doesn't show up well in typed words).

Ah...well Jefferson where was that humor when we shot?  And I'm glad you like the other Holli so much...hee hee...anyway, as for llamas going out and drinking and to parties...HA.  Where are all the parties???  Do I just simply have lame friends or what...haha...actually the parties are typically lame anyway, because they DO drink, but I don't...I prefer the good old days of playing games and having real conversation!  Oh and wait...Andrew...so you're bald?  So.

Well, anyway, I've been meaning to make it out to more events like these, but haven't been able to...I'm in San Jose right now, so probably won't be back in time for this one, but have fun everyone!

Cheers.

Oh.  Oh yeah...so a sports bar huh?  That means it will still be smokey...especially in Scottsdale...ARG.  I hate second hand smoke...drives me nuts, gives me a headache and makes my hair and clothes stink (usually right after I've had a shower too...what's with that?...don't answer)...anyway, looking forward to MAY when the air will just be dusty and not smokey too...lol

Jan 12 07 08:14 am Link

Model

Megan Mariee

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

fun.

Jan 12 07 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Joi Carey

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:
I'll stand up here for me and Joi - last time I checked, neither one of us resemble old bald men!!  *L* 

I do believe I read that Joi is unable to attend, so I guess I have to account for the estrogen side of the "boring photographers".  Besides, seems like we all shoot the same llamas - must we start a battle to see gets to bring our favorites?  *L*

See you all soon! (I rather enjoy these get-togethers and all of our relative insanity!)

S

HAHA Yeah..I dont think either of us can get pigeonholed in that stereotype smile

Jan 12 07 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Joi Carey

Phoenix, Arizona, US

ADGibson wrote:
I say we get some pitchforks and torches and take Joi's house by force! That's just me though. Carry on...

Wellk you could, but Ill be out of state shooting a wedding...so Thatd be sad as Id come home to well..no home, an then Id have to go steal your house, which by the way has much better shooting area and gear so thats ok by me smile

TRUST ME Id much rather be with you guys drinking and chatting..

Jan 12 07 09:53 am Link

Photographer

Joi Carey

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:

I've seen some of Joi's photos - that girl can think of WAY to many ways to make our lives miserable!  Let's not bring down the wrath of Joi!

S

geeze! You take one or two bloody shots, and the next think you know your Countess Bathory smile

Jan 12 07 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Joi Carey

Phoenix, Arizona, US

ADGibson wrote:

eh. Joi is a sweetheart. It's just not a MnG without her there.

Aw thanks guys! I feel all warmand mushy inside..

psst Aaron..drop me a message

Jan 12 07 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

Is it M&G time yet ?? Why is time going so slow, I have had 4 shoots, told everyone about the M&G  look at my watch and its still a week away

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jan 12 07 01:40 pm Link

Model

Wendy Innes

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

bump

Jan 12 07 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Holly D wrote:
Ah...well Jefferson where was that humor when we shot?

You don't think I'm funny?  I'm crushed!

Jan 12 07 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Holly D wrote:
actually the parties are typically lame anyway, because they DO drink, but I don't... (#1) I prefer the good old days of playing games and having real conversation!  Oh and wait...Andrew... so you're bald?  So (#2).

Oh.  Oh yeah...so a sports bar huh?  That means it will still be smokey...especially in Scottsdale...ARG. (#3)  I hate second hand smoke...drives me nuts, gives me a headache and makes my hair and clothes stink (usually right after I've had a shower too...what's with that?...don't answer)...anyway, looking forward to MAY when the air will just be dusty and not smokey too...lol

#1 I dont drink alcohol, and others that go dont drink alcohol.. so there are a number of people who wont be drinking booze.

#2 ok.. but did you notice.. I am old and ugly too. just ask any of the women who know  me.. (well dont ask my ex-wives or girlfriends, they dont have normal brain functions or they wouldnt have become ex's or maybe not even wives or girlfriends.. LOL).

#3 Most Bars and nite clubs and restaurants are now smoke free due to the newly passed laws. for example.. the Half Moon where we were holding these.. you had to go outside or into the Bar area.. not in the restaurant or private room where we were.

But with the new anti smoking laws passed in the STATE of Arizona... Nosmo King now rules.

Jan 12 07 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Valach

Avondale, Arizona, US

Yeah it will be VERY nice to not breath smoke inside the bar, now walking in will require a bit of breath holding. BTW, Snottsdale would of passed a law but they were worried about losing resort business to Phoenix...this from a member of the City Council.,

ANYWAY. I plan on being there.. how about we do a little contest of some sort?? Maybe a mini shoot..."best _______ shot".

Jan 12 07 07:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Holli Vinson

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Holly D wrote:
Ah...well Jefferson where was that humor when we shot?  And I'm glad you like the other Holli so much...hee hee...anyway, as for models going out and drinking and to parties...HA.  Where are all the parties???  Do I just simply have lame friends or what...haha...actually the parties are typically lame anyway, because they DO drink, but I don't...I prefer the good old days of playing games and having real conversation!  Oh and wait...Andrew...so you're bald?  So.

Well, anyway, I've been meaning to make it out to more events like these, but haven't been able to...I'm in San Jose right now, so probably won't be back in time for this one, but have fun everyone!

Cheers.

Oh.  Oh yeah...so a sports bar huh?  That means it will still be smokey...especially in Scottsdale...ARG.  I hate second hand smoke...drives me nuts, gives me a headache and makes my hair and clothes stink (usually right after I've had a shower too...what's with that?...don't answer)...anyway, looking forward to MAY when the air will just be dusty and not smokey too...lol

ummm.....you can't smoke inside the tilted kilt. And what is "I'm glad you like the other Holli so much...hee hee..." supposed to mean? JD and I met at your shoot and he likes the work I do. We collaborate very well together.
Personally, he's actually very funny! (and talented)

Jan 12 07 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

They do have a fantastic patio area for the smokers to sneak away to though. I liked this place a lot. If it doesn't work out then we will try to find another area.

Jan 12 07 09:11 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Paul Valach wrote:
Yeah it will be VERY nice to not breath smoke inside the bar, now walking in will require a bit of breath holding. BTW, Snottsdale would of passed a law but they were worried about losing resort business to Phoenix...this from a member of the City Council.,

ANYWAY. I plan on being there.. how about we do a little contest of some sort?? Maybe a mini shoot..."best _______ shot".

Good... I get to meet you...!! = D

Jan 13 07 02:00 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I got 2 girls interested in showing up, and I might be bringing a third with me big_smile

Jan 13 07 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I got the bump... anybody wanna grind? tongue

Jan 13 07 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

I have about 4-5 that are possibly coming.....Keepin my fingers crossed

Mac

Jan 13 07 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

Queen Valley, Arizona, US

well its another boring ass saturday night....... 6 days to the meet n greet where im gonna out a model that likes to tell stories n manipulate others to do her biddings..... well mah dear, it didnt work n your on the X list..... its a damn shame that SHE isnt gonna be there..... she wanted so bad to see me make this model cry...... mmm mmm must be somethin about a womans tears...

so yeah.... anyways, im off to club hell for the night....... so yall have fun sittin round on MM or working like dogs..... or tryin to see who you can manipulate next..... so have fellow MM'ers....

Jan 13 07 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Robbie Wolf Photography

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I always miss all the fun.

Jan 13 07 09:26 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

bump bump..

Jan 14 07 02:45 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Everybody's bumping but nobody wants to grind...

Jan 14 07 04:32 am Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
Everybody's bumping but nobody wants to grind...

If I go a grinding I'll get my lil ass in trouble lol..smile

Jan 14 07 06:28 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Depends where and with whom... remember that my Stephanie is pretty understanding of that stuff and not the jealous type at all smile

Darkdesire wrote:
If I go a grinding I'll get my lil ass in trouble lol..smile

Jan 14 07 06:54 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

bumping and maybe grinding this to the top once more.

Jan 14 07 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Doesn't grinding cause blindness?

Jan 15 07 12:05 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

ADGibson wrote:

Only when you continue to take small glass shards and grind them into your eyes..

So stop doing it.. I have told you over and over not to do that or you would go blind.

Jan 15 07 12:15 am Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Depends where and with whom... remember that my Stephanie is pretty understanding of that stuff and not the jealous type at all smile

*falls down laughing* I have no comment for that one! But tell steph I miss that girl...sheesh its been way to long since we work together carlos!

Jan 15 07 01:09 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

AndrewG wrote:

Only when you continue to take small glass shards and grind them into your eyes..

So stop doing it.. I have told you over and over not to do that or you would go blind.

Aaron... now why would you be doign that.. you know that'll affect your photography career!!

Jan 15 07 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

No... but spooning leads to forking!

ADGibson wrote:

Jan 15 07 02:39 am Link

Model

Holly Dell

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

You don't think I'm funny?  I'm crushed!

No I'm sure you're funny.  I just don't remember any jokes.  I liked the music you brought by the way and not sure I ever properly thanked you for that...so thanks!

Jan 15 07 02:39 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I showed her. She said to tell you "hi" and told me I should definitely set something up with you sometime soon... so what are you doing in March?

Darkdesire wrote:

*falls down laughing* I have no comment for that one! But tell steph I miss that girl...sheesh its been way to long since we work together carlos!

Jan 15 07 02:41 am Link

Model

Holly Dell

Holli Vinson wrote:

ummm.....you can't smoke inside the tilted kilt. And what is "I'm glad you like the other Holli so much...hee hee..." supposed to mean? JD and I met at your shoot and he likes the work I do. We collaborate very well together.
Personally, he's actually very funny! (and talented)

It's a good thing Holli...meaning I'm glad that through our shoot he's found an MUA that does great work, like you did at ours!  You have great energy and personality at the shoot too.  I think it just sounds mean or something, cuz I like my name and when I was growing up it wasn't popular (I prefer less popular names) and now I'm meeting more and more or seeing a lot of Hollys' around.  So don't mind that comment.

Again cheers and have fun everyone!

smile Holly

Jan 15 07 02:45 am Link

Model

Holly Dell

AndrewG wrote:

#1 I dont drink alcohol, and others that go dont drink alcohol.. so there are a number of people who wont be drinking booze.

#2 ok.. but did you notice.. I am old and ugly too. just ask any of the women who know  me.. (well dont ask my ex-wives or girlfriends, they dont have normal brain functions or they wouldnt have become ex's or maybe not even wives or girlfriends.. LOL).

#3 Most Bars and nite clubs and restaurants are now smoke free due to the newly passed laws. for example.. the Half Moon where we were holding these.. you had to go outside or into the Bar area.. not in the restaurant or private room where we were.

But with the new anti smoking laws passed in the STATE of Arizona... Nosmo King now rules.

1. I don't care if people drink.  I believe I was refering to the idea of "models would rather go party and drink" or something like that, because it's held on a Friday.

2.  I noticed because you pointed it out, not because I've seen it or care.

3.  I know about the laws!!!!  Yipeee...hince the part about May, because I heard the law doesn't go through until May.  And yes, Paul I know that was a concern of the non-smoking law (Tempe places complained about it when their law was passed and where did I prefer going?  Tempe.)  Also, I know a few places only allow it on the patio...others are different and most Scottsdale places I've actually been to have been smokey (even recently), so please pardon my limited experience with that...

Jan 15 07 02:53 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

No... but spooning leads to forking!

LOL....

Jan 15 07 02:58 am Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

I showed her. She said to tell you "hi" and told me I should definitely set something up with you sometime soon... so what are you doing in March?

First week of march have a couple shoots...but other then that not much...I get back from LA the end of feb.

Jan 15 07 03:07 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

4/5 more days till the next Meet & Greet... boy time is moving so slowly...

Jan 15 07 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Holly D wrote:
No I'm sure you're funny.  I just don't remember any jokes.

okay, to make up for it:

Two men are sitting at the bar at the top of the Empire State Building drinking when the first man turns to the other one and says: "You know, last week I discovered that if you jump from the top of this building, by the time you fall to the 10th floor the wind around the building is so intense that it carries you around the building and back into the window."

The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar, but says nothing.

The second guy says, "What?? Are you insane?? There's no way in hell that could happen!"

"No, no... it's true..." said the first man, "let me prove it to you." He gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony and plummets toward the street below. When he passes the 10th floor, the high wind whips him around the building and back into the 10th floor window.

He takes the elevator back up to the bar. He meets the second man, who is astonished.

"Oh my God, I saw that with my own eyes! But that must've been a one-time fluke. That was scientifically impossible!"

"No, I'll prove it again," says the first man as he jumps.
Again, just as his body hurtles towards the street, the10th floor wind gently carries him around the building and into the window.

He takes the elevator back to the bar.

Once upstairs, he successfully convinces his dubious fellow drinker to try it. "Well, what the hell," the second guy says, "I've seen that it works, so I'll try it!" He immediately jumps over the balcony - plunges downward rapidly passing the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th floors... Then his body hits the sidewalk... Splat !!!!

Back upstairs, the bartender who had been silent the whole time turns to the first drinker, shakes his head and says.....

"You know, Superman, you're a real asshole when you're drunk!

Jan 15 07 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Mac Wolff

AndrewG wrote:
4/5 more days till the next Meet & Greet... boy time is moving so slowly...

Tic tock...................................tic tock.....................................tic tock..............UGH

Jan 15 07 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

okay, to make up for it:

Two men are sitting at the bar at the top of the Empire State Building drinking when the first man turns to the other one and says: "You know, last week I discovered that if you jump from the top of this building, by the time you fall to the 10th floor the wind around the building is so intense that it carries you around the building and back into the window."

The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar, but says nothing.

The second guy says, "What?? Are you insane?? There's no way in hell that could happen!"

"No, no... it's true..." said the first man, "let me prove it to you." He gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony and plummets toward the street below. When he passes the 10th floor, the high wind whips him around the building and back into the 10th floor window.

He takes the elevator back up to the bar. He meets the second man, who is astonished.

"Oh my God, I saw that with my own eyes! But that must've been a one-time fluke. That was scientifically impossible!"

"No, I'll prove it again," says the first man as he jumps.
Again, just as his body hurtles towards the street, the10th floor wind gently carries him around the building and into the window.

He takes the elevator back to the bar.

Once upstairs, he successfully convinces his dubious fellow drinker to try it. "Well, what the hell," the second guy says, "I've seen that it works, so I'll try it!" He immediately jumps over the balcony - plunges downward rapidly passing the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th floors... Then his body hits the sidewalk... Splat !!!!

Back upstairs, the bartender who had been silent the whole time turns to the first drinker, shakes his head and says.....

"You know, Superman, you're a real asshole when you're drunk!

LMAO!!!!

And who says you're not funny! *L*

S

Jan 15 07 07:50 pm Link