Forums > Events > Phoenix Meet & Greet VI

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Mad medic wrote:

I may get to meet up with you another time.
  One of the hassles of military life is you have to go where you're told when you're told to go.  Oh well, its nothing I haven't had to do before...  Just wish they paid better.  Of course if I were in it for the money, I wouldn't be in it!  ;-)

Well you dont have to go where or when they tell you.. but the alternatives and or consequences arent that nice.. so I agree when you say.. go and do what they tell you.

Jan 09 07 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

bumping for the blind message issue here on MM

Jan 09 07 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

Queen Valley, Arizona, US

Purple Sea Enterprises wrote:

Actually, I think tying Chris up would be a better/safer idea!!  (oh wait - he might like it!! ) 

BTW - Hey Chris, having fun shooting mine?

S

hey...... its not true...... i am the tier not the tieee..... ask...... uuummm   well i dont wanna give out any names..... but do have faith in me...... in fact ask your other half..... he was there when i roped that one chic in the middle of no where.......    lmfao....

Jan 09 07 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

Habenero Photography wrote:

If it were on Saturday, I wouldn't be there!  Saturday is the only night I can be sure my son won't be home early.  My wife and I need some time for ourselves.

ok im done with yall...... the visual here just sent me to visual imparedness land..... will i ever recove n be able to shoot again....... ???????? lmfao

Jan 09 07 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

ADGibson wrote:

I claim exempt on this one.

yeah i hafta too...... cuz we all know chris is the one that plays taxi man to models n photogs alike..... n he even seta up shoot for small groups of models n photogs..... so now what?

Jan 09 07 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

Mad medic wrote:
Looks like I am not going to be able to make this one. Uncle Sam has other plans for me.  Sorry...

hhhhmmmm is this another one of those military blunders where you hafta hurry up n wait? you know what i mean....... bury any newspapers lately?

Jan 09 07 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Mad Medic

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

Chris wrote:

hhhhmmmm is this another one of those military blunders where you hafta hurry up n wait? you know what i mean....... bury any newspapers lately?

I am sure there will be a lot of waiting around.  Thats just how it goes... eons of boredom followed by a few moments of terror...

Jan 09 07 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

ok my turn to speak without repliing.....

if i may........   it appears that another az event thread is doing the usual...... causing mass confusion..... is it a nekkid girl pizza party? a workshop? a get together of models n photogs, where the models just happen to be runnin round nekkid?  hhhmmmm i guess inquiring minds wanna know..... me? personally i dont care.... i enjoy these meet n greets n have plenty to do on my own as well as the new adventures from meeting most of yall.... so heres the deal....

aside from this other guy, i am the only one that seems to be actively putting together group shoots..... but mine dont cost anything n they are realitively small... so in the interest of more group shoots, would any of yall like to get off yer asses n go on a saturday mornin hike "with a model" to find another cool ass location to shoot at? i may have it, but it is at least a mile hike in, n its gonna be colder than a witchs tit in a brass bra when we start. but if the location pans out, it should be really cool......

now before anyone of you start to rant, i know that andrew has tried to organize a venture or two, but he had very poor responses. but then again ; who really listens to andrew?  lol.... jus kiddin magic boy..... in response to my last outing on the verde, another photog has come across a chance to use an airplane hangar to shoot in...... when he returns, i will have more details then maybe we can put together an event for that.

but in the mean time, i have 2 new projects if any one is interested..... models in particular. but i could make a shoot out of it next month..... 1 project is a new garage..... import sport cars n 4x4s..... need a model for this sat? maybe sunday? weather permitting..... this is for advertising of the shop and you.... the other project is for a new gym opening.... for this ladies, you must be in damn good shape........ wieghts and areobics are to be the focus.....
i would like to keep this one in az and have the az models paid..... i do not want them hiring out of town talent......... so if you are interested...... PRIVATE MESSAGE me ONLY........

damn, did i just shamelessly plug a casting call in the event thread.......????? yes i did...... for a reason..... i want active az models to participate...... i dont want all the well i could be flown in for a price...... if you pay me thousands i may show up..... or not....... yall know what i mean......

Jan 09 07 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Take care and come back safe!!!

Mad medic wrote:
Looks like I am not going to be able to make this one. Uncle Sam has other plans for me.  Sorry...

Jan 10 07 12:08 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Be thankful it's not the other way around... a few moments of boredom with eons of terror...

Mad medic wrote:

I am sure there will be a lot of waiting around.  Thats just how it goes... eons of boredom followed by a few moments of terror...

Jan 10 07 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Plug away and get these AZ cuties some moola!!! big_smile

Chris wrote:
ok my turn to speak without repliing.....

if i may........   it appears that another az event thread is doing the usual...... causing mass confusion..... is it a nekkid girl pizza party? a workshop? a get together of models n photogs, where the models just happen to be runnin round nekkid?  hhhmmmm i guess inquiring minds wanna know..... me? personally i dont care.... i enjoy these meet n greets n have plenty to do on my own as well as the new adventures from meeting most of yall.... so heres the deal....

aside from this other guy, i am the only one that seems to be actively putting together group shoots..... but mine dont cost anything n they are realitively small... so in the interest of more group shoots, would any of yall like to get off yer asses n go on a saturday mornin hike "with a model" to find another cool ass location to shoot at? i may have it, but it is at least a mile hike in, n its gonna be colder than a witchs tit in a brass bra when we start. but if the location pans out, it should be really cool......

now before anyone of you start to rant, i know that andrew has tried to organize a venture or two, but he had very poor responses. but then again ; who really listens to andrew?  lol.... jus kiddin magic boy..... in response to my last outing on the verde, another photog has come across a chance to use an airplane hangar to shoot in...... when he returns, i will have more details then maybe we can put together an event for that.

but in the mean time, i have 2 new projects if any one is interested..... models in particular. but i could make a shoot out of it next month..... 1 project is a new garage..... import sport cars n 4x4s..... need a model for this sat? maybe sunday? weather permitting..... this is for advertising of the shop and you.... the other project is for a new gym opening.... for this ladies, you must be in damn good shape........ wieghts and areobics are to be the focus.....
i would like to keep this one in az and have the az models paid..... i do not want them hiring out of town talent......... so if you are interested...... PRIVATE MESSAGE me ONLY........

damn, did i just shamelessly plug a casting call in the event thread.......????? yes i did...... for a reason..... i want active az models to participate...... i dont want all the well i could be flown in for a price...... if you pay me thousands i may show up..... or not....... yall know what i mean......

Jan 10 07 12:13 am Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

It appears my challenge fell upon deaf, well, eyes I guess.  Does this mean that all you AZ shooters would rather sit around talking to other old fart shooters (like me) instead of beautiful models?  I think I stepped through the looking glass or something...

Jan 10 07 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Martin Hazine

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:
It appears my challenge fell upon deaf, well, eyes I guess.  Does this mean that all you AZ shooters would rather sit around talking to other old fart shooters (like me) instead of beautiful models?  I think I stepped through the looking glass or something...

I've been getting the word out, but only at the meet and greet can I see how effective I was. 

Ok, if all the models from Arizona don't come to the Meet and Greet, I am going to each and every one of your homes in a kilt and carrying a bagpipe and god help you then.

Jan 10 07 12:56 am Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

MartinH wrote:
Ok, if all the models from Arizona don't come to the Meet and Greet, I am going to each and every one of your homes in a kilt and carrying a bagpipe and god help you then.

That's Extortion!!!

Jan 10 07 02:11 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

No. I said I talked to a model and an MUA and we'll see which, or if both, show up!!!

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

Jan 10 07 03:21 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I'll come with you and bring my violin (I only took one half-hour class so I really can't play it but the cats seem to enjoy the sounds it makes!)

MartinH wrote:
I've been getting the word out, but only at the meet and greet can I see how effective I was. 

Jan 10 07 03:23 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

MartinH wrote:

= P

Jan 10 07 12:50 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Helms

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

Hahaha.... seems soo... but I hope not!!!

Jan 10 07 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Jefferson Dorsey wrote:

No... I dont think it fell on deaf ears..

I think that most of us  (not all ) usually bring at least one other person with us. some bring more. But some people message on the event page on MySpace and not here.

Then there are those that see the posted bulletins and will come but never come to the forums.

If I am not mistaken.. we have been averaging about 30 to 40 people at these events.. and some (not all)  Models dont think that this type of networking does any good.

Besides.. most of the local models are young and single, and prefer to go drink, get drunk and party.. not go meet with us old ugly bald photographers.

Jan 10 07 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Dorsey

Nashville, Tennessee, US

AndrewG wrote:
If I am not mistaken.. we have been averaging about 30 to 40 people at these events.. and some (not all)  Models dont think that this type of networking does any good.
Besides.. most of the local models are young and single, and prefer to go drink, get drunk and party.. not go meet with us old ugly bald photographers.

I certainly must agree with that last statement!  At least the part about the old ugly bald...  Wasn't there something about older guys being attractive because they have power?  Well, I musta forgot to pay the bill 'cause the power's out!

But I'm surprised about the first point I quoted.  I've taken a couple of models to meet and greets and they were mobbed by photographers.  It was sort of like pirhana fish swirling around them, it wasn't a pretty sight. (I'm kidding--my dry humor doesn't show up well in typed words).

Jan 10 07 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

I'll stand up here for me and Joi - last time I checked, neither one of us resemble old bald men!!  *L* 

I do believe I read that Joi is unable to attend, so I guess I have to account for the estrogen side of the "boring photographers".  Besides, seems like we all shoot the same models - must we start a battle to see gets to bring our favorites?  *L*

See you all soon! (I rather enjoy these get-togethers and all of our relative insanity!)

S

Jan 10 07 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I'll stand up here for me and Joi - last time I checked, neither one of us resemble old bald men!!  *L* 

I do believe I read that Joi is unable to attend, so I guess I have to account for the estrogen side of the "boring photographers".  Besides, seems like we all shoot the same models - must we start a battle to see gets to bring our favorites?  *L*

See you all soon! (I rather enjoy these get-togethers and all of our relative insanity!)

S

I say we get some pitchforks and torches and take Joi's house by force! That's just me though. Carry on...

Jan 10 07 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

S

I wasnt refering to you lovely ladies of the fairer and finer gender... I said they didnt want to go meet with us old ugly bald photographers. Of course you and Joi are not old or ugly or bald..

Jan 10 07 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

ADGibson wrote:

I say we get some pitchforks and torches and take Joi's house by force! That's just me though. Carry on...

Well from what she said.. she wont be home either...

But I do like you PUN... was that planned and thought out?? or just a lucky shot?

Jan 10 07 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

S

damn..... this must be that "chromazone" thing....... x or y? i do forget all the time..... lmfao.....

so i havent shotm "yours" yet..... shes jus sittin round in a box collecting dust......    smile   yeah..... lets see where they take this one........    lol

relative insanity? are you saying we are all part of the same family tree that dosent branch off? hhhmmmm not me.... i know mine branches.....  cuz we dont think deliverance was a love story........

*squeal like a pig*  *squeal like a pig*......       LMFAO.....

i do hope yall understand this........

Jan 10 07 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

photochrisaz

ADGibson wrote:

aaron aaron aaron...... she aint even gonna be there...... c'mon..... pitchforks n torches? is this the middle of the dark ages? are we going to go and make sure she is part of "us"? or are we gonna hunt her down like she was ms frankenstien.....?????       lmfao.......    so when she puts that curse on "us" just remember..... you brought down her wrath dammit........   smile     lol

n besides, if we go to take her house by force..... i dont the pets would put up much of a fight.......

Jan 10 07 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

damn.. this thread dropped alot..  bumping it to the top..

Jan 11 07 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

Just all into the bump, aren't you, Andrew?  You are forgetting the best part!!

S

Jan 11 07 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

Chris wrote:

aaron aaron aaron...... she aint even gonna be there...... c'mon..... pitchforks n torches? is this the middle of the dark ages? are we going to go and make sure she is part of "us"? or are we gonna hunt her down like she was ms frankenstien.....?????       lmfao.......    so when she puts that curse on "us" just remember..... you brought down her wrath dammit........   smile     lol

n besides, if we go to take her house by force..... i dont the pets would put up much of a fight.......

I've seen some of Joi's photos - that girl can think of WAY to many ways to make our lives miserable!  Let's not bring down the wrath of Joi!

S

Jan 11 07 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I don't know... bump and grind sound like fun together, and bumping isn't too bad in and of itself... but facing the grind alone isn't any fun at all! LOL

* unless you're talking about the dance-floor (or the bed)!!!

S

Jan 11 07 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

... and speaking of the grind... I have to go to work. C-y'all!!!

Jan 11 07 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Robbie Wolf Photography

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Maybe if you guys would spend a little less time talking about the oldest computer you ever used, maybe you could get more models to show up. smile

Jan 11 07 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

S

ok.. so forgive my Alzheimers.. just what is the best part.. according to you..?

Jan 11 07 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Sand Angel wrote:
Maybe if you guys would spend a little less time talking about the oldest computer you ever used, maybe you could get more models to show up. smile

hey.. we only talked about computers so that you would post. and obviously.. it worked.

*edit* Please also note.. the computer talk was in the late nite early morning hours.. most of which was between 10pm and 3am in whichever time zone this website is hosted.  Which is most likely very late at nite here in AZ. And I dont think we would have been shooting at that hour.

Jan 11 07 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I've seen some of Joi's photos - that girl can think of WAY to many ways to make our lives miserable!  Let's not bring down the wrath of Joi!

S

eh. Joi is a sweetheart. It's just not a MnG without her there.

Jan 11 07 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Mad Medic

Litchfield Park, Arizona, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
Take care and come back safe!!!

I will do my best!  Luckily, nobody on MM knows me yet so I won't be missed at the MnG.  But next year!  Watch out!  ;-)

Jan 11 07 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

AndrewG wrote:

ok.. so forgive my Alzheimers.. just what is the best part.. according to you..?

I believe Carlos beat me too it...*L*

Jan 11 07 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

ADGibson wrote:

eh. Joi is a sweetheart. It's just not a MnG without her there.

I know she is - she just has quite an imagination!  We'll miss her at the M&G!

Jan 11 07 08:01 pm Link

Model

Darkdesire

Tucson, Arizona, US

Mad medic wrote:

I will do my best!  Luckily, nobody on MM knows me yet so I won't be missed at the MnG.  But next year!  Watch out!  ;-)

You will to be missed!!!

Jan 12 07 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I may not know you yet, but I want to; and will miss you. Anyone who does what you do is a hero in my book!

Mad medic wrote:

Jan 12 07 02:56 am Link