Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Pandemic Warnings

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Given conditions in Florida at this time, I don't anticipate conducting any kind of shoot before the end of the year and very possibly into 2021. I only leave the house when absolutely necessary -- with my mask. I just celebrated my 74th birthday and I would really like to be around for number 75. Florida sets a new record of infections it seems every day. I know I am on my own when it comes to guidance regarding this pandemic. I don't expect any guidance from the federal government nor do I expect any reliable guidance from the state government in Tallahassee. As long as Doctor Fauci and other experts continue to speak out I will listen to what they have to say and act accordingly.

Hope to see y'all on the other side of the pandemic.

Jul 03 20 08:06 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Be safe Frank.

LightDreams wrote:
"Study confirms new version of coronavirus spreads faster, but doesn't make people sicker"

"(CNN) A global study has found strong evidence that a new form of the coronavirus has spread from Europe to the US. The new mutation makes the virus more likely to infect people but does not seem to make them any sicker than earlier variations of the virus, an international team of researchers reported Thursday.

[snip]

At first glance (yesterday) I read this to say the new strain is not as deadly.

Now, reading again, it is just as deadly only more contagious.

Jul 03 20 11:52 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Given conditions in Florida at this time, I don't anticipate conducting any kind of shoot before the end of the year and very possibly into 2021. I only leave the house when absolutely necessary -- with my mask. I just celebrated my 74th birthday and I would really like to be around for number 75. Florida sets a new record of infections it seems every day. I know I am on my own when it comes to guidance regarding this pandemic. I don't expect any guidance from the federal government nor do I expect any reliable guidance from the state government in Tallahassee. As long as Doctor Fauci and other experts continue to speak out I will listen to what they have to say and act accordingly.

Hope to see y'all on the other side of the pandemic.

Stay safe Frank- I hope you and your family all come thru this mess well.

Jul 03 20 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Here we are, July. The school year is rapidly coming on us.

What are you going to do about your kids? What plans have you heard in your community?

I am not faced with those questions...and would hate to have to sort thru the facts and make a choice.

I have read:
-- Young children, (pre-school, kindergarten, early elementary school age) seem to fare well if they catch the disease, with most suffering relatively minor illness. There is a growing concern that Covid-19 leaves behind lingering issues, but that will take time to understand.

-- The most common concern I have heard is the "vector" aspect- even though most younger kids dont get seriously ill, they spread the virus- kid to kid, family to family--- and ultimately to vulnerable adults.

--  Older students- high school and college age, face growing risks with age, and underlying conditions become more and more an issue. The 18-35 age group infections are expanding explosively.

-- The weak link in returning to school is STAFF. I have read that many teachers are balking at the idea of returning to the classroom while virus numbers remain high--- because of the difficulty in maintaining social distancing, and their vulnerability to large groups of kids....

As old farts like me like to say----- "We got to the moon, we can solve this too"......

So what solutions are you guys hearing? I know they are out there, and I hope the good ones get widely shared.

Jul 03 20 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

4th of July Weekend.....

For the Americans on the list, this is summer's biggest day...

First, and foremost, I hope each of you enjoys a safe and sane holiday weekend.

It is a day we usually celebrate with parades, and picnics and parties and fireworks--- and all those things are going to be kinda tough this year.

Here in my hometown, there has traditionally been  a small local parade, followed by a nice fireworks show down on the riverfront where the fire hazard is minimal... cancelled this year.  I understand more than 3/4 of the local celebrations have been cancelled nationwide. Here in the Bay Area, that has caused a rise in the "illegal" fireworks... (yikes)

My staple has been the PBS "A Capitol Fourth" concerts---- this year we will do it "remotely"....

The new normal. smile

Jul 03 20 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Please take the virus seriously. It has not changed, it has not gone away, it has not gotten less deadly, it has not gotten less infectious. We have only marginal treatments, and the recovery process for those who get seriously ill is long and painful.

Please make well informed decisions, and please consider your actions and their impact on your community.
---------------------------------------

Virus numbers:

July 4th Florida reported 11458 new cases in one day.

for context, New Zealand and Australia, combined, since the pandemic started have a TOTAL, of 9982 reported cases.

South Korea, since the pandemic started, has 13,091 reported cases, TOTAL.
--------

July 4th, the United States, reported 51,151 new cases in one day.

for context, that is about 60% of the TOTAL cases reported --- IN CHINA since the beginning of the pandemic .
------------------

Globally, 11,317,637 cases have been reported, 531,729 deaths.

The United States has reported 2,853,807 cases, and 129,718 deaths.

That means the United States has 25.2% of the reported cases, and ~24.3% of the reported deaths.

The US has less than 5% of the global population.
----------------------------------

data above from: 
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar … 7b48e9ecf6

and

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics … Fstory-ans

Jul 05 20 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

rfordphotos wrote:
Please take the virus seriously. It has not changed, it has not gone away, it has not gotten less deadly, it has not gotten less infectious.
[...]

On March 29th, the U.S. reported that it had 2,300 COVID-19 deaths.

On the same day, Dr Fauci made a prediction that really upset a lot of people.  They claimed that he was falsely creating panic, trying to drive the economy into the ground (some ridiculous conspiracy theories), and other such nonsense.

His "wild" prediction?  "The coronavirus outbreak could kill 100,000 to 200,000 Americans, the U.S. government’s top infectious-disease expert warned..."

Three months later, as the U.S. approaches the 130,000 U.S. COVID-19 death marker, let's hope that he doesn't prove to be too low in his prediction.

To quote BC's Dr. Bonnie Henry, who has guided us through this so well up here, "Be kind, be calm, and be safe".

Jul 05 20 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Jul 05 20 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Herd immunity.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl … ly-thought

While it's nice to know that the theoretical required herd immunity percentage may need to be only 43% instead of 60%, please be very careful...

Sweden, was the classic case of (unofficially) trying for "herd immunity" (leaving most things to run as normal).  While it initially looked promising, it fell apart massively.

The current COVID-19 death rate for Sweden is 5,420.  It's neighbor next door, Norway, which did lock things down, only has 251 COVID-19 deaths.  To put the difference in perspective Sweden has twice the population as Norway.  What a massive difference.

AND, how did the "herd immunity" part work out?  Well Sweden was hoping that they now had a 20% rate for the "herd immunity" (% of the population with antibodies) ranking.  They did some extensive random sampling and on June 19th, they discovered that the number had only reached 6.3%.

They paid a massive toll in increased deaths, to end up with only 6.3% of the population that had antibodies.  Not even remotely close to the new, lower, 43% level that is theoretically required to reach "herd immunity"...

Jul 05 20 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

By my rough calculations, to reach the new lower theoretical 43% rate for "herd immunity" in the U.S., 367,000 Americans would die from COVID-19 first...

----
Rough math:  U.S. population 328,200,000   X  43% (lower herd immunity percentage) infected    X   .26% (CDC's guestimate of those who are actually infected, whether they're reported or not, and whether they show symptoms or not, that are likely to die as a result)

[EDIT]  Update:  After seeing rfordphotos numbers below, I did some checking.  It seem that particular CDC percentage has been criticized as being massively "too low", and they have repeatedly declined to confirm that they're actually relying on that number (Source: USA Today / June 5th).  So my numbers probably are way too low... [/EDIT]

Jul 05 20 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Herd immunity.

perspective:

ASSUMING NO VACCINE

we are currently at 0.87% of the "needed" 43% to reach herd immunity.

330,000,000 (population of US) X 43% (required infections to reach immunity) = 141,900,000 infections.

Current US mortality rate is 4.5%, W.H.O. estimates Global mortality at ~3.6%...

For simplicity, lets assume a mortality rate of 3%.

141,900,000 (# infected to reach herd immunity) X 3% (mortality rate) = 4,257,000 Dead.

4,257,000 - 129,946 (current # dead) =  4,127, 054 left to die to get to herd immunity.

Jul 05 20 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Herd immunity.

Did you miss this part, Jerry?
"However, relaxing preventive measures before a population reaches herd immunity may lead to a second wave of infection."

Jul 05 20 11:57 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Herd immunity.

I read the article and they convinced me I should continue to socal distance, wear a mask when near others, and wash my hands on a regular basis daily.  Thank you. 
I don't want to be part of a herd.  When I think of herds, cattle come to mind.  And when I think of cows, it's the meat sliced and diced in a grocery store.  That's not a pleasant outcome.

Jul 06 20 09:33 am Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

rfordphotos wrote:
perspective:

ASSUMING NO VACCINE

we are currently at 0.87% of the "needed" 43% to reach herd immunity.

330,000,000 (population of US) X 43% (required infections to reach immunity) = 141,900,000 infections.

Current US mortality rate is 4.5%, W.H.O. estimates Global mortality at ~3.6%...

For simplicity, lets assume a mortality rate of 3%.

141,900,000 (# infected to reach herd immunity) X 3% (mortality rate) = 4,257,000 Dead.

4,257,000 - 129,946 (current # dead) =  4,127, 054 left to die to get to herd immunity.

Isn't the mortality rate in decline as the average age of infected persons becomes younger?

Jul 06 20 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Or . . . the average age is getting younger because all us old guys are dying off . . .

Jul 06 20 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
Or . . . the average age is getting younger because all us old guys are dying off . . .

Thanks Ken, that is as good a possibility as some the other "theories", and better than most.

https://covidusa.net

rford's calculations were based on an imaginary figure of 3%. The total number of deaths was still horrendous even given that benefit.

Reality is different.

WHO fatality rate has remained pretty constant at 3.6% worldwide.
USA fatality rate has been as high as 6.2% - the highest in the world.
Currently, USA fatality rate is 4.4%, we've had over 47,000 new cases of infection TODAY. 

Among the assumptions made regarding herd immunity is that you will have the disease and a few will die but everybody else will be fine. COVID_19 has caused permanent lung damage to many, strokes are not uncommon due to the clotting the virus causes and there are other less common debilitating effects.

The cost in deaths is too high and the cost in creating a significant population of invalids is also high. It is still too early to tell if having COVID_19 and recovering provides immunity for a significant percentage of the population. It is also too early to know how long that immunity might last.

So the "happy happy joy joy" made up story of herd immunity is dangerous and unsubstantiated. The attempt certainly has not worked for Sweden, where at least they all have health care.

Avoiding infection =  buying time for better treatments, buying time for a vaccine, buying a manageable rate of cases for hospitals in the mean time.

I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

Jul 06 20 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

ethasleftthebuilding wrote:
Isn't the mortality rate in decline as the average age of infected persons becomes younger?

It's possible, but we'll know more in the coming weeks...

At one point (fairly recently), more people aged 40 to 60 were dying from COVID-19, than people that were 60 to 80.  I remember thinking that it might be because those that were 60+ were (as they had targets on their backs) becoming MUCH more careful than those that were younger, and so the age fatality range was getting a little skewed.

We also know that the current infections have skewed massively younger, but we're far too early in that particular curve to see how they playout in terms of deaths.  I.E. We're getting the surge in new infections, but don't know the final results of those cases yet.

So there's a lot of guesses going on, but we'll know more in the weeks to come.  Apparently, six to seven weeks after any new surge is when the full extent of it really becomes obvious (measuring multiple generations of infections that continue to multiply at each stage).

A side note.  The theory that the herd immunity should be lowered to 43% specifically took the younger ages of those doing the most socializing into account.  That was a major factor in the case they were making for the lowered percentage.

Jul 06 20 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

My daughter who works in public health for the state sent me this link on how the virus spreads.  It's an interesting read.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-ri … avoid-them

Jul 07 20 06:35 am Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

A little karma served up samba style today.

Jul 07 20 08:33 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

rxz wrote:
My daughter who works in public health for the state sent me this link on how the virus spreads.  It's an interesting read.

It is, thank You.

Jul 07 20 10:26 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Baanthai wrote:
A little karma served up samba style today.

morally, ethically, as a decent human being I should hope Bolsonaro makes a full recovery.

if only I was that decent a guy.......

but.... if there is ANYONE in South America who richly deserves to suffer the FULL fury of Covid-19, it is Jair Bolsonaro.

Jul 07 20 11:25 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

We have discussed the response in Sweden- their different approach to fighting the virus--- here is an update from the New York Times
---------------------
Sweden Has Become the World’s Cautionary Tale

Its decision to carry on in the face of the pandemic has yielded a surge of deaths without sparing its economy from damage — a red flag as the United States and Britain move to lift lockdowns.

By Peter S. Goodman
July 7, 2020
Updated 12:06 p.m. ET
----  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/busi … e=Homepage

LONDON — Ever since the coronavirus emerged in Europe, Sweden has captured international attention by conducting an unorthodox, open-air experiment. It has allowed the world to examine what happens in a pandemic when a government allows life to carry on largely unhindered.

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”
[...]

Implicit in these approaches is the assumption that governments must balance saving lives against the imperative to spare jobs, [...] But Sweden’s grim result — more death, and nearly equal economic damage — suggests that the supposed choice between lives and paychecks is a false one: A failure to impose social distancing can cost lives and jobs at the same time.
[...]

[...]Sweden is a country of only 10 million people. Per million people, Sweden has suffered 40 percent more deaths than the United States, 12 times more than Norway, seven times more than Finland and six times more than Denmark.
[...]

Jul 07 20 11:45 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

United States COVID-19 Statistics
Updated Jul 7, 2020 @ 2:28pm EDT
----  https://covidusa.net

US Population  330,756,000

Cases:
2,936,077 Total
0.89% Per Capita  (herd immunity @ 43-90%)   

Deaths:
130,285 Total
0.039% Per Capita

Yesterday there were 47,442 new confirmed* cases, 17,385 recoveries, 338 deaths. The current 7-day rolling average of 49,347 new cases/day grew 65% from 14 days ago

Jul 07 20 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Thankfully, yes.

Out of curiosity- what level of death is acceptable?

3% (already lower than world average) yielded  4,257,000 dead.
1% would be ONLY 1,419,000 dead
would half that be acceptable? say ~750,000 dead?  a quarter- say ~350,000?

Rather than worrying about whether or not the age of those dying is coming down--- wouldnt it make more sense to cut down on the people who are exposed in the first place? Just asking.......

What death rate is acceptable for reopening the economy?

Jul 07 20 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:

Stay safe Ken!

The average age is getting younger for a lot of reasons I imagine.

The "kids" who act irresponsibly will drag the average age down.

But maybe more telling is the "middle" ages--- returning to work and getting exposed...

LOL---- and I like to think us old goats have the sense to stay isolated... but in truth we old goats have the -ability- to stay isolated as opposed to HAVING to go out to work etc etc.

Jul 07 20 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

rfordphotos wrote:

Well let's see, Yesterday the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 459. US covid-19 deaths were 391. That equates to .85 deaths per 1 pt rise in the DOW.  So, all good?

Jul 07 20 01:05 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

rxz wrote:

Well written.  Thanks.

Jul 07 20 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Fauci calls focus on lower death rate ‘a false narrative’
11:55 a.m.
-----   https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 … pdates-us/

The nation’s top infectious-disease expert said Tuesday that although the fatality rate of the coronavirus has dropped, Americans should not be lulled into a sense of complacency.

“It’s a false narrative to take comfort in a lower rate of death,” Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during a Facebook Live news conference with Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.). “There’s so many other things that are very dangerous and bad about this virus. Don’t get yourself into false complacency.”

The lower mortality rate is a result of two factors, he said. The country has gotten better at treating people, particularly due to therapies that work in the advanced stages of the disease. And, Fauci said, the mean age of those getting infected has dropped by about 15 years.
[...]

Jul 07 20 03:15 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

55,254 new Covid cases today in USA. A record.

Jul 07 20 05:16 pm Link

Admin

Model Mayhem Edu

Another problem with the herd immunity theory is that because Covid-19 is new, we do not know the long term effects for those that do recover. Research is beginning to show that even those diagnosed with "mild" Covid-19 are suffering from serious health issues (including strokes) months after officially recovering. And, many of those are young people that considered themselves healthy before contracting the virus.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr … mptoms-who

Jul 07 20 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Model Mayhem Edu wrote:
Another problem with the herd immunity theory is that because Covid-19 is new, we do not know the long term effects for those that do recover. Research is beginning to show that even those diagnosed with "mild" Covid-19 are suffering from serious health issues (including strokes) months after officially recovering. And, many of those are young people that considered themselves healthy before contracting the virus.

Yes, it involves risk for far too many of us. Some will pay the ultimate price, others may very well be afflicted for the rest of their lives. We have certainly seen some severe short term damage to people, permanantly scarred lungs operating at much lower capacity for one.

None of us get to choose, the virus chooses. I continue to avoid.

Jul 07 20 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Model Mayhem Edu wrote:

Absolutely correct.

Too many people are still thinking of Covid 19 as a disease like the seasonal flu, or the common cold--- either can make you quite ill, but ~typically~ dont have severe, on going complications.

As you say, Covid 19 is new, and every day we are learning more about it. Lucky for us, the health care professionals are getting better at treating the disease, they are better able to "predict" it's course, and be prepared for it's attack.

Also as you say, they are discovering the aftermath- for those that recover- can be fatal... Strokes caused by an unexpected "thickening" of the blood, severe scarring of the lung tissues bringing on pneumonia. Those less severely affected complain of extreme muscle weakness and fatigue, mental confusion and painful joints.

Doctors have compared the lung damage done by the disease as similar to DECADES of heavy smoking...

And yet some people have absolutely zero symptoms and appear to fully recover with no after effects.

I have been reading concerns for a month now that the antibodies produced by the illness seem to fade rather quickly... leaving scientists unsure of the immunity developed by the antibodies initially, and the duration of that immunity.

Endemic, not pandemic.

We have a lot of learning to do. We have to figure out how to educate our kids without killing their teachers. We have to figure out how to go out and have a social life without it killing us. We have to figure out how to get groceries and haircuts and teeth cleaning and pedicures---without it killing us. We have a lot to learn.

Jul 07 20 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

"Coronavirus report: global cases pass 12m as US daily tally breaks world record"

"The number of confirmed coronavirus infections worldwide passed 12 million on Thursday, as cases continue to grow by roughly one million a week. Thursday’s milestone was spurred by the United States recording the highest one-day increase in cases anywhere in the world since the pandemic began, with just over 60,000 cases reported in 24 hours, according to the Johns Hopkins University tracker.

The US, with a total of 3 million cases and 132,299 deaths, accounts for roughly a quarter of the world’s 12,012,720 cases and 548,914 deaths.

At least 35 US states see growing numbers of new cases since last week, CNN reported. Intensive care units at 56 hospitals in Florida have reached capacity. California hospitalisations are at an all-time high, and Texas hospitalisations have broken state records for the 10th day in a row, according to the health department."

[...]

Source: The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … rld-record

Jul 09 20 06:18 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Informative article in the New York Times, with several in depth charts looking at the spread of the virus, both good news and bad news.

How Coronavirus Cases Have Risen Since States Reopened

By Lazaro Gamio
July 9, 2020
-----   https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 … e=Homepage

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/07/09/reader-center/virus-reopening-surge-tab-promo/virus-reopening-surge-tab-promo-master1050.png
Percent change in average daily cases since reopening
Based on a 7-day rolling average in states with at least 2,000 total cases.

The current surge in coronavirus cases in the United States is being driven by states that were among the first to reopen their economies, decisions that epidemiologists warned could lead to a wave of infections.

Florida and South Carolina were among the first to open up and are now among the states leading the current surge. In contrast, the states that bore the brunt of cases in March and April but were slower to reopen have seen significant decreases in reported cases since. Average daily cases in New York are down 52 percent since it reopened in late May and down 83 percent in Massachusetts.
[...]

Jul 09 20 01:03 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

rfordphotos wrote:

What death rate do we accept to smoke cigarettes?  Drive cars?  Anything else we do?

Jul 09 20 01:53 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

What death rate do we accept to smoke cigarettes?  Drive cars?  Anything else we do?

I wasn’t aware I could walk to my corner store and buy a pack of Covid and snort it like snuff.

And try smoking in a restaurant or public place and see what happens.

Jul 09 20 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

sorry, but I find this to be ridiculous "whataboutism"

each of those is done by choice.

WE have NO F***ING CHOICE about the virus, and YOU know it.

The data is there, anyone who opens their eyes can see it. Mitigation efforts saved lives, most likely thousands and thousands of lives. A FOOLISH rush to get back to a "normal" that simply does not exist any longer is BEYOND stupid.

still no answer to my question.

Jul 09 20 04:02 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

rfordphotos wrote:
sorry, but I find this to be ridiculous "whataboutism"

each of those is done by choice.

The data is there, anyone who opens their eyes can see it. Mitigation efforts saved lives, most likely thousands and thousands of lives. A FOOLISH rush to get back to a "normal" that simply does not exist any longer is BEYOND stupid.

still no answer to my question.

Apparently many Americans believe they have a Constitutional Right to infect others with a pandemic virus.
#TeamCovid

Jul 09 20 04:30 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

If I get hit by a car, does that mean my friends and family are going to get hit by cars?   My uncle got hit by a car while working when I was a kid. (He survived.)   Not one person in the family since then has been hit by a car.

If I get lung cancer by smoking (I don't and please don't smoke on my property), am I going to transmit the cancer to friends and family?

Gawd.

Jul 09 20 05:10 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

rfordphotos wrote:

I was not aware we had a choice about cancer or a car wreck either.

The virus is actually quite similar.  If you smoke, you probably raise your chances of cancer.  If you don't drive carefully, you probably raise your chances of being in an accident.  If you don't use common sense precautions, you probably raise your chances of getting the virus.

None of this stops people from smoking or driving, why do we have to shut down everything, ruin many more lives than will ever catch the virus, wreck businesses and the economy over irrational fear?  Everyone should do what they individually feel necessary to take care of themselves and let everyone else do the same as they feelnecessary.

Jul 09 20 05:55 pm Link