Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
On this date in 1557  the first Russian Embassy opens in London, Russia and the U.S. sign a trade agreement. Then Russia ask America if it could help them move into their new embassy saying they can't pay but there will be pizza and beer. The U.S. is pissed for being asked on short notice but not wanting to be a jerk agrees to help them move. This sore spot would fester for several hundred years and lead to the 20th Century Cold War. Tensions came to an end  in 1992 when Russian President Boris Yeltsin apologized, saying it was out of line and that they should have called "Two Guys and a Truck."

lol
I needed that.

Feb 27 12 05:03 am Link

Photographer

Reflected

New York, New York, US

On this date in 1557...Russia and the U.S. sign a trade agreement.

lulz

Feb 27 12 06:03 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

still Tuesday

Feb 28 12 09:56 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

So...it's Friday.

I had a hearing, today, on a permanent Order of Protection.  It was temporary until today.  Three attempted suicides by him, hospitalized for two, the most recent was last Sunday, after the temporary order was served a couple of weeks ago.  Sending me pictures of his cut wrist (second attempt).  Posting my phone number and name and modeling alias and license plate on Craigslist in the personals for sex.  Threatening to put NSFW pictures on a poster along with my work information on the main entertainment district in town.  More than 500 emails in a month's time.

But...it's Friday! smile

Mar 02 12 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Barbara DivaEroticus wrote:
So...it's Friday.

I had a hearing, today, on a permanent Order of Protection.  It was temporary until today.  Three attempted suicides by him, hospitalized for two, the most recent was last Sunday, after the temporary order was served a couple of weeks ago.  Sending me pictures of his cut wrist (second attempt).  Posting my phone number and name and modeling alias and license plate on Craigslist in the personals for sex.  Threatening to put NSFW pictures on a poster along with my work information on the main entertainment district in town.  More than 500 emails in a month's time.

But...it's Friday! smile

Good lord.  The man should be institutionalized.  I can't believe he hasn't been declared non compos mentis for the extortion suicide attempts alone.

*hug*

Mar 02 12 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Sad that so many people don't understand mental illness so they try to believe it doesn't exist. To them mental illness = crazy, but they can't comprehend anything else.

Babs, I'm speechless. He needs an enormous amount of help. I feel so bad for what you're going through. *huggs*

Mar 02 12 09:40 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Star Child wrote:
Sad that so many people don't understand mental illness so they try to believe it doesn't exist. To them mental illness = crazy, but they can't comprehend anything else.

Babs, I'm speechless. He needs an enormous amount of help. I feel so bad for what you're going through. *huggs*

I know full well that mental illness exists, unfortunately.  Thanks for the hugs. smile

Mar 02 12 10:32 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Good lord.  The man should be institutionalized.  I can't believe he hasn't been declared non compos mentis for the extortion suicide attempts alone.

*hug*

Thank you, LG. smile

Mar 02 12 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hey everyone. I had my surgery today and I'm back home. The next week or so is going to be pretty painful. I have three wound areas. The area where they did the skin grafts on my leg, the area where the harvested the good skin for the graft. (This is called a donor site and it pretty much a 2nd degree burn). And I have a long "Z" shaped scar under my shoulder running down to just above my elbow.

So the next few days are gonna be physically tough. I had two PTSD events at the surgery center. They were prepared and did a good job getting me through. So, that was my Friday!

Thank you all for concern. I adore everyone of you!

Mar 02 12 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

Its that time again feeling down. This song helped last time but not this time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVSOOBQB6I0&ob=av2e

Mar 05 12 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Hey everyone. I had my surgery today and I'm back home. The next week or so is going to be pretty painful. I have three wound areas. The area where they did the skin grafts on my leg, the area where the harvested the good skin for the graft. (This is called a donor site and it pretty much a 2nd degree burn). And I have a long "Z" shaped scar under my shoulder running down to just above my elbow.

So the next few days are gonna be physically tough. I had two PTSD events at the surgery center. They were prepared and did a good job getting me through. So, that was my Friday!

you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Mar 05 12 05:49 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I wish you no pain:)
-Jules

Mar 05 12 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

One thing I have learned, we have to believe in victory before we can accept it.  We live in a world full of examples and testimonials of personal victory and yet we're constantly told not to expect it or look forward to it.  Then they'll turn and ask why are you so down.

Mar 06 12 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

*sipping morning coffee*

Mar 07 12 08:05 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Just wanted to share a song:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vwftjIxPgA

Mar 07 12 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Finally made it to Friday

Mar 09 12 09:29 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Star Child wrote:
Finally made it to Friday

Me too, but barely.

Mar 09 12 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been mostly in bed. I went for my post-op check with the Dr. yesterday. The Z-Plasty didn't work as well as was hoped and the grafts on my leg are marginal. At best it might be a 30-40% success rate. But I've been down this road before and I'll go down it again. The only thing that matters is what you do when you are down.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I love you all very much!

Mar 09 12 11:49 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been mostly in bed. I went for my post-op check with the Dr. yesterday. The Z-Plasty didn't work as well as was hoped and the grafts on my leg are marginal. At best it might be a 30-40% success rate. But I've been down this road before and I'll go down it again. The only thing that matters is what you do when you are down.

Sends good thoughts your way.
(((((hug)))))

Mar 09 12 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Still with you

Mar 12 12 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

Me too, but barely.

I made it through Friday and that was about as far as I could go. Was in the bed sick the entire weekend. Missing my third straight day of work (ouch!) this morning, but hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to head into work this evening.

Mar 12 12 08:23 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Star Child wrote:

I made it through Friday and that was about as far as I could go. Was in the bed sick the entire weekend. Missing my third straight day of work (ouch!) this morning, but hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to head into work this evening.

Rest, rest, rest!

Hugs.

Mar 12 12 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Star Child wrote:

I'm sorry you're under the weather. I hope you are feeling better soon my friend. Remember, if you ever need to talk about stuff you have a family here!

Tim

Mar 12 12 10:08 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Your optimistic view is always appreciated, Tim. smile

Mar 12 12 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Sometimes you have to stand up through it all, shake your fists at the world and scream, "I am!"

Mar 13 12 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I have a rule that I promised to live by when I learned I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I promised that I would post to the world the kinds of things I spent my life hiding from and thus getting sick. So, because of that promise I have the results from my post-surgery visit with the dr. staff today. The surgery is a complete failure. The grafts on my leg are gone. Not so much as 1% survived. Since the graft site had to be prepped for surgery I now have a huge painful mess where a small painful mess was. The Z-Plasty on my shoulder has left me with less range of motion than before the surgery. I'm hoping that will improve. I can do that because I believe in the impossible.

Now that I have honored my promise to myself I am going on total silence about this situation. There are reasons that now require me to be silent on the particulars of the matter.

Thank you for being my wonderful friends. I really do appreciate and adore you all!

Tim

Mar 13 12 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I have a rule that I promised to live by when I learned I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I promised that I would post to the world the kinds of things I spent my life hiding from and thus getting sick. So, because of that promise I have the results from my post-surgery visit with the dr. staff today. The surgery is a complete failure. The grafts on my leg are gone. Not so much as 1% survived. Since the graft site had to be prepped for surgery I now have a huge painful mess where a small painful mess was. The Z-Plasty on my shoulder has left me with less range of motion than before the surgery. I'm hoping that will improve. I can do that because I believe in the impossible.

Now that I have honored my promise to myself I am going on total silence about this situation. There are reasons that now require me to be silent on the particulars of the matter.

Thank you for being my wonderful friends. I really do appreciate and adore you all!

Tim

there will be healing

Mar 14 12 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Healthy. Completed a full shift last night and felt better and stronger as the night progressed.

Mar 15 12 06:23 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Star Child wrote:
Healthy. Completed a full shift last night and felt better and stronger as the night progressed.

This is terrific! I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Mar 15 12 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Friday

and I have coffee

Mar 16 12 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Hey y'all. I'm dealing with some depression. My shoulder surgery failed and it is hurting like crazy. I won't go into the gross details. Your kind thoughts and encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Mar 18 12 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Hey y'all. I'm dealing with some depression. My shoulder surgery failed and it is hurting like crazy. I won't go into the gross details. Your kind thoughts and encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Still with you, buddy.

Mar 18 12 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tuesday comes in with beautiful spring weather and yet how many are unable to feel it?

Mar 20 12 09:22 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Consider yourself encouraged.

Mar 20 12 10:21 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Star Child wrote:
Tuesday comes in with beautiful spring weather and yet how many are unable to feel it?

I'm feeling it a bit.  I'm feeling a little less like a prisoner. smile

Mar 20 12 10:21 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Star Child wrote:

Me.
Stomach Virus

Fortunately certain things made me smile today despite the knives I feel in my belly:)

Mar 20 12 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Me.
Stomach Virus

Fortunately certain things made me smile today despite the knives I feel in my belly:)

Oh Jules! I'm so sorry you have tummy trouble. I hate when that happens. Take care of yourself and get well soon dear!

Mar 20 12 08:12 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Oh Jules! I'm so sorry you have tummy trouble. I hate when that happens. Take care of yourself and get well soon dear!

Thank you Tim!!
I get really down when I'm ill; it was so bad I couldn't get out of bed and feeling helpless is not my *thing*.

It will pass:)

Mar 20 12 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Mar 21 12 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

sometimes we're making progress when it seems as if everything is going wrong - then we look up and we've gotten through.

Mar 22 12 08:41 am Link