Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Best eye shadow pallets?

Makeup Artist

Siobhan Camp

Glastonbury, England, United Kingdom

Hi I am in need of some new eye shadow pallets and wondering what ones are the best and are high in pigmentation?

thanks smile

Mar 28 13 03:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

I am in LOVE with my Lorac PRO palette. I even have a few of the smaller ones from the Holiday Collection. I adore my Inglot (Freedom) because they are the colors I chose.

Mar 28 13 09:53 am Link

Makeup Artist

About Faces-Lynn

Detroit, Michigan, US

Viseart, Viseart, Viseart oh and did I mention VISEART?  One of the best bunch of palettes out there!

Mar 28 13 11:34 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Castorena stylist

San Diego, California, US

I swear by INGLOT.
Crazy pigmentatioin, very good price and customizable.

Mar 28 13 12:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jaime Criel Makeup

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

yaby

Mar 28 13 12:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lucinda Reilly

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

I am loving my Yaby, LORAC Pro, and Ben Nye the most. I have the Kryolan Brights and like that for the most part, though some colors are more intensely pigmented than others.

Mar 28 13 07:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SmashinBeauty

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia

Cynna Stylz MUA wrote:
I am in LOVE with my Lorac PRO palette. I even have a few of the smaller ones from the Holiday Collection. I adore my Inglot (Freedom) because they are the colors I chose.

+1 big_smile

Mar 29 13 09:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tegan Ridge

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm obsessed with my Ben Nye lumiere palette.  Pigmentation is wonderful!

Mar 29 13 11:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

London, England, United Kingdom

Yaby & Viseart all the way.

Mar 29 13 03:41 pm Link

Model

MariaPantellis

Derby, England, United Kingdom

MAC smile

Mar 29 13 05:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Illyne Michel

Long Beach, California, US

I LOVE viseart and especially my guilty pleasure is Nars ♥

Mar 29 13 09:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LC Makeup and Styling

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I buy the Ben Nye Eyeshadow refills and create my own palettes. Love the Ben Nye Lumiere Colours too. Highly pigmented and great prices. Alot of product too.  Camera Ready Cosmetics is the best place to buy

Mar 30 13 03:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Aaliyah Oke

London, England, United Kingdom

Castorena  stylist wrote:
I swear by INGLOT.
Crazy pigmentatioin, very good price and customizable.

I really like INGLOT too, 20% discount helps too !

Mar 30 13 01:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lovely MUA

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Lorac pro palette is great! The colors blend sooo well and there are beautiful neutrals. Has anyone tried her blushes? I'm curious if they have the same softness to the powder. Maybe it's the silicone in there?

Mar 30 13 01:08 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lucinda Reilly

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Lovely MUA wrote:
Lorac pro palette is great! The colors blend sooo well and there are beautiful neutrals. Has anyone tried her blushes? I'm curious if they have the same softness to the powder. Maybe it's the silicone in there?

The baked Matte Satin blushes are nice and blendable, the textures vary a bit. My picks would be "Velvet Rope" for lighter skintones, and "Hollywood" is amazing on women of color, especially on the deeper end of the spectrum, it just lights up the cheeks.

I've ordered all of their powder cheek stains for the studio (I've swatched and have a depotting tutorial but it may be quite some time before I can blog it, as I just got a last-minute film deal). The colors and staying power are marvelous, and it's less fussy than a liquid or gel stain.

Mar 30 13 09:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BELLAROSE MAKEUP

La Quinta, California, US

I just got the Lorac Pro pallete and already i love it looks like it will be beautiful for weddings

Apr 03 13 11:03 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Marina Boichuk

Seattle, Washington, US

Make Up Atelier Paris are the best ones for me smile

Apr 04 13 12:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dani Jaye

Princeton, New Jersey, US

I have to say Yaby. 
I was not one who wanted to admit it because the prices seemed high at first glance.  I had the opportunity last year to visit the Yaby pop up shop in Harlem and really test the products with Roshar. Roshar told me he strictly uses Yaby, which for sure built value for me.
I was astounded at the smooth blending and almost obscene pigmentation. The size is brilliant because now my kit is sooo much lighter with loads more room.  You can reorder any color at anytime!  I suspect that I am a Yaby lifer.  They have spoiled me with brilliant shadows, face powders and blushes. 
The client/talent is always so curious of who I'm using in these brilliant little palettes which is nice when they appreciate the efforts I make to have a true clean, professional kit wink

You get 40% off during a number of YABY events so contact them to see when you can take advantage of that..I did!

Apr 04 13 03:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Andrea Marisa Artistry

South River, New Jersey, US

I love the Lorac PRO palette and the Ben Nye Glamour Palette for neutral/natural colors.

For colorful palettes, I recommend the Ben Nye Grande Lumiere Palette and Inglot Freedom system to fill in with other colors and different textures/finishes.

I am dying to try Yaby but I have a feeling that once I try Yaby, I won't go back to anything else smile

Apr 04 13 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

With so many differences of opinion, it might be more interesting if more of the "why" was included in responses.

Apr 05 13 12:24 am Link

Clothing Designer

Wilde Hunt Corsetry

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'm very pleased with the Yaby Dramatically Neutral palette. Like the others have said - it's a great range of highly pigmented color for such a light weight palette. smile

Apr 06 13 08:50 pm Link

Model

Sophia Be

Portland, Oregon, US

Yaby hands down

The pallets hold a huge color range in a small space, a wide variety of colors to choose from. Excellent coverage and blend-ability.

Apr 06 13 10:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ash Mathews

Los Angeles, California, US

Great suggestions here, I am also going to recommend the Lorac Pro Pallette. I use mine all of the time and absolutely love it.

Apr 06 13 10:50 pm Link