Forums > General Industry > ShootNotes

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Creativity Farm wrote:
Vouching for is ok, but how (if at all) does the site intend to deal with negative feedback (no shows, etc).  It would be nice if we could list all models we shot, then the user could see the tally of "total shot with" vs. "total vouch for", and maybe even a "reported no show", etc.

Also, maybe more ways to search.

Your other points taken, let me address this by simply saying that "vouch for" is phase one. That is, this beta test is for signing up, verifying, and creating simple positive-only boolean entries in a "Vouch-For" table.

Phase two, which I'm finishing the code for right now, creates a more robust table, "Worked-With" that has everything you've outlined, above, and a lot more.

So you vouch for people you know and trust but with whom you may not have ever worked, like one photographer vouching for another. That's simple. When you've actually worked with someone and have substantive feedback, that's the next phase.

I hope to have phase two done by the weekend at this pace. I only opened the beta once I had 95% of phase one done and was more than halfway done with phase two.

Nov 20 07 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Here is where I'm at...

The badge on your Model Mayhem profile does not appear to be yours.

Nov 20 07 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

TJ PhotographyPA

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Thanks Chris....my ShootNotes is up and running.

Nov 20 07 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Creativity Farm

Westville, New Jersey, US

Can photogs vouch for photogs and models vouch for models?

Nov 20 07 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Creativity Farm wrote:
Can photogs vouch for photogs and models vouch for models?

Yes. Any human can vouch for any other human. Just keep in mind that as the reporting database gets filled, your choices of who you will vouch for will be public - so don't vouch for someone unless you're prepared to stand by that action.

Nov 20 07 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

JEBKA Photography wrote:
Here is where I'm at...

That's because your badge code is this:

www.shootnotes.com/INV-USER/SN0.sn

You are not ShootNotes member zero... is that the code that it gave you? If so, you must have encountered a bug. Can you go back to the "Badge" menu item and copy that code again? If it's still zero, let me know right away.

Nov 20 07 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Creativity Farm

Westville, New Jersey, US

King of the Letter L wrote:

Yes. Any human can vouch for any other human.

Human.... darn, I knew there was a catch smile

Nov 20 07 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Victor Maldonado

Los Angeles, California, US

Here is where I'm at...

(I'm stuck here too...And yes it says number 0) :S

Nov 20 07 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Second, you can create a "Worked-With" entry for an upcoming shoot, which then enables the ability for BOTH parties to acknowledge, before the shoot, that it's scheduled. Then, afterwards, BOTH parties can state how it went.

I trust this last part just made a bunch of you say, "Holy crap, I get it!" :-)

FLAKE REDUCTION!

Nov 20 07 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Victor Maldonado

Before verifying your account, please ensure that you have placed your badge code in your Model Mayhem profile. If you have not yet done this, please go to the Data Badge Page to get the BBCode to place your badge in your Model Mayhem profile.

Once you have done this, enter the your Model Mayhem account number and click on the Verify button.

Your Model Mayhem Number:   I can't help without your model mayhem number 

***The badge on your Model Mayhem profile does not appear to be yours.***

Help Please!

Nov 20 07 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Victor M wrote:
Here is where I'm at...

(I'm stuck here too...And yes it says number 0) :S

Okay, bug found and fixed.

Your badge code should now have the appropriate number. You will want to go back to the "badge" page and re-copy the BBCode, as the zero will have been replaced with your correct ShootNotes ID. ShootNotes has its own member number, which will allow me to enable users to link to multiple MM profiles (if, for example, you have both model and photographer profiles).

As beta tests go, having more than just a few testers is making this go by MUCH quicker, so I sincerely thank you all for giving this a beating!

Nov 20 07 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Victor Maldonado

I'm in Thanks so much! smile

Nov 20 07 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Victor M wrote:
I'm in Thanks so much! smile

No, thank you for helping test this thing :-)

Nov 20 07 07:12 pm Link

Model

Kristen Jeanne

Pinardville, New Hampshire, US

I registered and put the badge on my profile, but when I input my account number it says "Sorry, model or photographer only right now"

EDIT: nevermind, you answered this on the 2nd page big_smile

Nov 20 07 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

No, thank you for helping test this thing :-)

I sent you a message, but i figured out what I did wrong!  Stupid AOheLL!!!

All I had to do is "Refresh" my page .. duuuh!!! 

Those of you who use AOL, you have to do that!
-------------------

I'm verified!  big_smile  So what's next?

Nov 20 07 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
I'm verified!  big_smile  So what's next?

For right now, you can enter vouch-for data. By the weekend, I'll have the worked-with database running and then the fun really begins. Once that's working properly, I'll roll out the phase three features that I've not said a peep about yet :-)

Nov 20 07 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Kristen Jeanne wrote:
I registered and put the badge on my profile, but when I input my account number it says "Sorry, model or photographer only right now"

EDIT: nevermind, you answered this on the 2nd page big_smile

Actually, your issue was a different one, and I've resolved it. You can verify now.

Nov 20 07 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

For right now, you can enter vouch-for data. By the weekend, I'll have the worked-with database running and then the fun really begins. Once that's working properly, I'll roll out the phase three features that I've not said a peep about yet :-)

Chris, Thank you!  It's obvious that you've put a lot of work into this, and I hope it goes well.

Now take a break and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Nov 20 07 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Now take a break and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanks, Patrick. You know, you may find it strange, but coding on project like this is actually relaxing for me. It's a rare blessing, I've found, that I really do enjoy what I do so much - and that I've made a decent living at it to let me pursue my other passion, photography.

So this upcoming 4-day weekend will, of course, be spent with my family, but it will also afford me much downtime to finish-up some of the cool features and test out other crazy ideas I have.

Nov 20 07 07:45 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

I'm in... I don't think anyone I've worked with is a member yet, though.

Nov 20 07 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Catriona wrote:
I'm in... I don't think anyone I've worked with is a member yet, though.

You can vouch for any Model Mayhem member. The database will log it, and if/when they sign up, their badge will reflect anyone who's vouched for them right away.

The *ONLY* place that your ShootNotes ID is used is in your badges/banners. Other than that, for right now, everything is done with Model Mayhem ID numbers (I say "for right now" only because I've designed the system to allow for multiple services, like OMP or any of the other sites, with the flip of a switch).

Nov 20 07 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Um, sadness dude. It fails W3C validation sad

http://validator.w3.org/

It also has issues on OmniWeb 5.6, which uses Webkit (Safari based) on OS X Leopard. Haven't bothered testing on other browsers.

Great way to go with the idea, though! Glad to see you actually did something with this!

Nov 20 07 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Okay, bug found and fixed.

Your badge code should now have the appropriate number. You will want to go back to the "badge" page and re-copy the BBCode, as the zero will have been replaced with your correct ShootNotes ID. ShootNotes has its own member number, which will allow me to enable users to link to multiple MM profiles (if, for example, you have both model and photographer profiles).

As beta tests go, having more than just a few testers is making this go by MUCH quicker, so I sincerely thank you all for giving this a beating!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  Had a few people in my office for a meeting.

It's alive..

Thanks

Nov 20 07 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Lumigraphics wrote:
Um, sadness dude. It fails W3C validation sad

http://validator.w3.org/

It also has issues on OmniWeb 5.6, which uses Webkit (Safari based) on OS X Leopard. Haven't bothered testing on other browsers.

Great way to go with the idea, though! Glad to see you actually did something with this!

Get a PC  tongue

Chris, you have PMs.

Nov 20 07 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

SLE Photography wrote:
Get a PC  tongue

Chris, you have PMs.

Fat chance! tongue

Besides, it wouldn't verify on a PC either.

Nov 20 07 08:01 pm Link

Model

Candy Poses

Seattle, Washington, US

Probably nothing to be done about this, but my god does this site take a long time to load using Kansas City Airport's WiFi.

Nov 20 07 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Ok.. great.. it updated my badge.. now all I need to do is find someone to pay so that they will vouch for me.. lol

Nov 20 07 08:14 pm Link

Model

Candy Poses

Seattle, Washington, US

Damn.  You can't vouch for yourself.

Smart coding.  I was all prepared to do it, and mock you for letting people vouch for themselves.

Nov 20 07 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Candy Poses wrote:
Damn.  You can't vouch for yourself.

Smart coding.  I was all prepared to do it, and mock you for letting people vouch for themselves.

I tried to anticipate as many cases as I could, and I'm also watching how it's being used to see if I've missed anything. I'm not as dumb as I look! wink

Nov 20 07 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

AndrewG wrote:
Ok.. great.. it updated my badge.. now all I need to do is find someone to pay so that they will vouch for me.. lol

Don't be surprised if, in the future, the quality of the voucher counts towards a value decision. And, on the flip side, those who vouch indiscriminately have their value decreased.

Now, what I mean by "quality" and "value," I'll let you all wonder and debate :-)

Nov 20 07 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Don't be surprised if, in the future, the quality of the voucher counts towards a value decision. And, on the flip side, those who vouch indiscriminately have their value decreased.

Now, what I mean by "quality" and "value," I'll let you all wonder and debate :-)

I was making a joke.

I did vouch for another photographer.. but I have worked with him and know him well.. he might be a pain, he might be a goof and he might pick his nose way too often or show his Butt more than any of us prefer.. but he is a great guy and a good photographer.

Now.. can we "un-vouch" for a member.. For example..

That guy Christopher Ambler.. he is just not such a great guy, he never send anyone free money (cash or checks), he never post any of his best work, nor any nose picking images. He does a lot of posting, but never makes slams on people.. I mean.. who would really want to vouch for him? Maybe someone might like to even un-vouch him a number of times. (tongue in cheek goes here with very large grin).

Nov 20 07 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

AndrewG wrote:
I was making a joke.

Oh, I didn't think you were serious - but it was a good opportunity to float the value issue.

Nov 20 07 08:46 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

TJ PhotographyPA wrote:
Thanks Chris....my ShootNotes is up and running.

Mine too.

Nov 20 07 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Oh, I didn't think you were serious - but it was a good opportunity to float the value issue.

you posted before I finished editing my post.. darn you.

Nov 20 07 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

AndrewG wrote:
Now.. can we "un-vouch" for a member.. For example..

You can delete a previously-issued vouch, but I don't believe that's what you meant.

Vouching is a single-positive data item.

Worked-with is closer to what you're asking in that you can note a number of data points that are either negative/positive, positive-only, or a range.

Specific negative recommendations ("I recommend that you NOT work with this person") is a phase three item that needs serious testing.

Put another way, I do believe I've solved the issue, but it's not been rigorously tested yet. That will start in a few weeks, after I get Worked-With up, running, and bug-free.

Nov 20 07 08:50 pm Link

Model

Ms Jennifer Denise

Seattle, Washington, US

Just signed up, and verified and all that jazz smile Great idea

Nov 20 07 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Flaskegaard

Delray Beach, Florida, US

I'm up and activated.
How do I vouch for someone ...and invite them?  (am I missing something obvious...or is this because of beta?)

Nov 20 07 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

I like the idea of building the algorithm to determine value weight.
This way, a person with a higher weight factor will be able to provide a higher multiplier, in short, their reputation is more dependable.

Not sure of your quanifiable factors but a person who is "known" and "trusted" should be worth more than getting a thumbs up from somebody who is not known and their own reputation is not yet trusted by many.

Good idea.
Makes the value of this that much better.

Nov 20 07 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Jack Dog Studio wrote:
I'm up and activated.
How do I vouch for someone ...and invite them?  (am I missing something obvious...or is this because of beta?)

The invite system isn't available right now - if you want to invite someone, just tell them to get their ass (fat ass for photographers, cute ass for models, of course) to http://www.ShootNotes.com and sign up just like you did.

To vouch for someone, just choose that menu item (It says, "Edit Vouch-For List").

If any part of the process is at all unclear, let me know! This is still a beta, and I'm making changes on the fly based on feedback. So feed back!

Nov 20 07 09:00 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Soooooo.......I can't look myself up.

Nov 20 07 09:01 pm Link