Forums > General Industry > ShootNotes

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

King of the Letter L wrote:

You can delete a previously-issued vouch, but I don't believe that's what you meant.

Vouching is a single-positive data item.

Worked-with is closer to what you're asking in that you can note a number of data points that are either negative/positive, positive-only, or a range.

Specific negative recommendations ("I recommend that you NOT work with this person") is a phase three item that needs serious testing.

Put another way, I do believe I've solved the issue, but it's not been rigorously tested yet. That will start in a few weeks, after I get Worked-With up, running, and bug-free.

Mr. King, please have Mr. Ambler take a few minutes away from the computer.. The "un-vouch" comment was part of the joke I was making.. as you might notice when I edited it.. I used a bit of humor to reference another photographer.. I was making a funny.

Nov 20 07 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Flaskegaard

Delray Beach, Florida, US

this is a good idea.
I think you're waaaay too smart to be a photographer.

Nov 20 07 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Jack Dog Studio wrote:
this is a good idea.
I think you're waaaay too smart to be a photographer.

Google him.

He is

Nov 20 07 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

MelissaLynnette LaDiva wrote:
Soooooo.......I can't look myself up.

I know. Reporting will get its first light by this time tomorrow.

Nov 20 07 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

You can delete a previously-issued vouch, but I don't believe that's what you meant.

Vouching is a single-positive data item.

Worked-with is closer to what you're asking in that you can note a number of data points that are either negative/positive, positive-only, or a range.

Specific negative recommendations ("I recommend that you NOT work with this person") is a phase three item that needs serious testing.

Put another way, I do believe I've solved the issue, but it's not been rigorously tested yet. That will start in a few weeks, after I get Worked-With up, running, and bug-free.

So Chris, if we vouch for someone then delete them does the vouch still count?

Nov 20 07 09:07 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

I know. Reporting will get its first light by this time tomorrow.

big_smile

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Will you be selling stock?

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

SLE Photography wrote:
So Chris, if we vouch for someone then delete them does the vouch still count?

No.

Check my badge. You'll see my vouch count. Go delete me from your vouch list and you'll see that count go down by one.

Don't forget to add me back :-)

Right now, that's just a raw number - in time, it'll be one component of a more robust value.

Nov 20 07 09:12 pm Link

Model

Tanya Weaver

Atlanta, Georgia, US

All signed up. No problems. big_smile

Nov 20 07 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

No.

Check my badge. You'll see my vouch count. Go delete me from your vouch list and you'll see that count go down by one.

Don't forget to add me back :-)

Right now, that's just a raw number - in time, it'll be one component of a more robust value.

I'll take your word for it, I just wondered  big_smile

Nov 20 07 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

I'm in - not sure what I'm IN for, but, I'm in.
...whistles.

Nov 20 07 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Okay, dinnertime. Chinese food tonight says the wife. More hacking on this later :-)

Nov 20 07 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

DeLandWayne Photography

DELAND, Florida, US

badge is up. and thank you...

Nov 20 07 09:28 pm Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Signed up, verified. Thanks for doing this!

Nov 20 07 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Oh BTW- I HATE HATE HATE confirmation emails that want you to click on a link!!!!

I use one machine for email and a different one for web browsing, so email links just screw me up. I have saved passwords on a different machine, and stay off the web on my email box (yeah yeah so I'm strange!) I understand spam and robots etc but I hate being collateral damage in the war (I hate captchas too but that's a different fight...)

There probably isn't an easy way around confirmation emails but they still suck.

Nov 20 07 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Lumigraphics wrote:
There probably isn't an easy way around confirmation emails but they still suck.

There isn't. While I can validate your MM account using the badge, that still doesn't confirm that your email address is really you. And since the system will use that email address to send you notifications, I have to be sure that it's you - at least when you sign up.

If 100% of the people out there were honest... :-)

Nov 20 07 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

I just signed up!  Took

Nov 21 07 01:44 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

There is now a short photographer's profile. This is just a small subset of some of the data that will be correlated, but I wanted to get it started. There will be a model's profile done tomorrow as well.

It's completely optional, but will provide a basis for some of the networking features I have planned for phase three. Specifically, the ability to search based on most of these data points as well as reputation scores to create a filtered list that models and photographers can use to search each other out - and then link back here to Model Mayhem for up-to-date portfolios and communication. I suspect that some of you with a background in data analytics are beginning to see what I'm building here, and what the possibilities are.

As I said, the data is rudimentary right now while the system is being tested, so if there are any data points that anyone feels would be valuable, let me know, and I can add them in seconds - it's all data-driven and generates in real time.

And, of course, any bugs or suggestions, I'm still listening. At this rate, I suspect I'll have phase one and phase two done before Christmas and we can start playing with phase three (the really cool stuff) before the end of the year. Now that the heavy-lifting of the backend is pretty-much done, no feature is out of the question.

Nov 21 07 01:49 am Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I'm all signed up, and filled out the photographer profile.

Nov 21 07 02:25 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Filled out the Photographer profile info. and "inserted" (would probably be better to change that to "save").

Date field should be changed someway.. as clicking the arrow to go back years was way too much clicking month by month. I dont know the actual month and day.. so I just put in the year.

Nov 21 07 07:41 am Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I hope this will prove to be a useful tool as the network grows.

Had some difficulty getting the badge code yesterday but things are always brighter in the morning light.... signed up and running.

Nov 21 07 10:35 am Link

Model

Kelley Gayle

Windsor, Colorado, US

Badge is up.  smile

Great system, I love it already.

Nov 21 07 11:41 am Link

Photographer

SunArcher Photography

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Got it on both of my profiles.

Nov 21 07 11:42 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Kelley Gayle wrote:
Badge is up.  smile

Great system, I love it already.

I gotta ask
You're a nude model, where'd you pin the badge?  tongue

Nov 21 07 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Swoger

Dunlap, Illinois, US

Signed up and all activated and such. Now just need to get someone I've worked with to sign up and vouch for me.

Great idea and well put together, Thanks!!

Nov 21 07 11:55 am Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

I suspect that some of you with a background in data analytics are beginning to see what I'm building here, and what the possibilities are.

Which is exactly why I asked if you would be selling stock.
Some patent lawyer is gonna get a new car out of this.

Nov 21 07 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

SunArcher Photography wrote:
Got it on both of my profiles.

May I ask how you did this?

Did you create one ShootNotes account and place the badge on both? And then activated one?

Are both photographer profiles, or one model and one photographer?

This is a usage scenario that I'm working out, so if you could describe to me exactly how you're set up, that would help me accommodate this situation.

Nov 21 07 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

JEBKA Photography wrote:

Which is exactly why I asked if you would be selling stock.
Some patent lawyer is gonna get a new car out of this.

My attorney has already made more than just a car off of me on previous projects!

If you have the ability to search patents by name, look for one that got filed last week in my name (likely searchable after the new year). I think it's the best work I've ever done.

As for stock... I'll let attractive models buy me dinner, does that count? :-)

Nov 21 07 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

SunArcher Photography

Washington, District of Columbia, US

May I ask how you did this?

Nothing fancy. Two profiles. Set up two accounts/logins. They aren't interconnected at all (at least by design).

Nov 21 07 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

JD Swoger wrote:
Signed up and all activated and such. Now just need to get someone I've worked with to sign up and vouch for me.

Note that vouching need not be someone you've worked with - just someone who is prepared to say, "Yes, I'll give JD a thumbs-up and say so in public."

Worked-With comes later today - that's much more robust.

Nov 21 07 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

In the profile, you need to add seniors, family and newborn.
All three are very distinct disciplines.
Would also like to see "has studio", "rents studio" and "location" listed.

Eric

Nov 21 07 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

SunArcher Photography wrote:

Nothing fancy. Two profiles. Set up two accounts/logins. They aren't interconnected at all (at least by design).

Okay, that's a usage scenario that will get one of the accounts deleted when I turn on the trust heuristics. I think I need to be more clear on this.

Create ONE ShootNotes account and put the badge on both. You can only activate one now, but you'll be able to link your SINGLE ShootNotes account to both in the next couple days.

Can you tell me the login names of both your two accounts, and which one you want to keep? Let me delete the other one.

And I'm going to go make the instructions clear on this.

Nov 21 07 12:30 pm Link

Model

Kristen Jeanne

Pinardville, New Hampshire, US

Actually, your issue was a different one, and I've resolved it. You can verify now.

Thank you! This is a great thing you're doing!

Nov 21 07 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Would also like to see "Release on file" if you have room to store a bunch of blobs containing pdf releases.

This can also be expanded to the type of releases.  Model, minor, event, etc.

Nov 21 07 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

JEBKA Photography wrote:
Would also like to see "Release on file" if you have room to store a bunch of blobs containing pdf releases.

This can also be expanded to the type of releases.  Model, minor, event, etc.

Let's expound upon this - if I gave a centralized place for photographers to store and make available their releases, what other things could be done in the same way?

A map to the photographer's studio? (just pulling that out of my rear, but you get the idea)

I think "has studio" and "rents studio" are the same thing - so why not just a boolean value of "has studio" and a text field for an address?

Nov 21 07 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

If you have the ability to search patents by name, look for one that got filed last week in my name (likely searchable after the new year). I think it's the best work I've ever done.

Not in the application database yet.  Guess I have to wait til the new year.  But I did just finish reading serial messaging smile

Nov 21 07 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Let's expound upon this - if I gave a centralized place for photographers to store and make available their releases, what other things could be done in the same way?

A map to the photographer's studio? (just pulling that out of my rear, but you get the idea)

I think "has studio" and "rents studio" are the same thing - so why not just a boolean value of "has studio" and a text field for an address?

good idea.
Does home studio vs commercial studio make a difference?  Not sure.  Just throwing it out there.
I think tying google map key or an actual map to the subscriber location makes sense.  Ability to print directions in text and/or picture would be a benefit to the potential client.

I know you are focused on ratings but what other benefit can be derived?
Print /CD delivery time?
Could you then add to the vouche for section an "on time" check box to add to the algorithm?

Damn,
I'm glad most of my meetings were cancelled today.  You've got my wheels turning.

Nov 21 07 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

JEBKA Photography wrote:
In the profile, you need to add seniors, family and newborn.
All three are very distinct disciplines.
Would also like to see "has studio", "rents studio" and "location" listed.

Done.

(Did I mention that I've designed the system to make additions like these to be done quickly? :-))

Nov 21 07 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

JEBKA Photography wrote:
I know you are focused on ratings but what other benefit can be derived?
Print /CD delivery time?
Could you then add to the vouche for section an "on time" check box to add to the algorithm?

Both of those are actually already in the Worked-With system.

Pre-shoot data, shoot data, and post-shoot data are all considered. So shoots can be confirmed before they happen (nobody can claim they didn't know about it), both parties can rate the shoot, and then both parties can say "I send the disc on this date" and then "I received the disc on this date."

Nov 21 07 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Firestone, Colorado, US

Done.

(Did I mention that I've designed the system to make additions like these to be done quickly? :-))

very cool

Nov 21 07 01:17 pm Link