Forums > Model Colloquy > Annoying things that photographers do

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Art of the nude wrote:
Just to clarify, since this was inspired by my shoot, the model in question was 5'8" and 120 lbs, and looked great.  (We shot a few weeks later.)

So why did she cancel or 'call in fat' (lmao still) on that day? Did you figure it out?

Apr 11 12 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Eurocat wrote:

Yes, yes, yes, I am coming to flaming Michigan, I told you.

smile    smile

Apr 11 12 12:59 pm Link

Model

Nedah Oyin

Chicago, Illinois, US

Couple of days ago I was propositioned by a cinematographer while making a short film.. He offered me $3000 to fuck him.. Pulled out a huge wad of cash and everything.. Yep.. I was naked..

I hate most of the things that other models have mentioned, but this shit ^^^^^^ irks me the most..

Apr 11 12 01:01 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nedah Oyin wrote:
Couple of days ago I was propositions by a cinematographer while making a short film.. He offered me $3000 to fuck him.. Pulled out a huge wad of cash and everything.. Yep.. I was naked..

I hate most of the things that other model's have mentioned, but this shit ^^^^^^ irks me the most..

I would have taken the cash and run away. Ninja style.

In all seriousness, not cool. Ugh. sad

Apr 11 12 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Nedah Oyin wrote:
Couple of days ago I was propositioned by a cinematographer while making a short film.. He offered me $3000 to fuck him.. Pulled out a huge wad of cash and everything.. Yep.. I was naked..

I hate most of the things that other models have mentioned, but this shit ^^^^^^ irks me the most..

That is a lot of money for doing it!   big_smile

Apr 11 12 01:05 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Scarlett Candee wrote:
I would have taken the cash and run away. Ninja style.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I was just gonna say that.

What a douche.

Here's another one:
I fucking hate it when GWCs tell me about their sexual conquests with other 'models'.

Apr 11 12 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Eurocat wrote:

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I was just gonna say that.

What a douche.

Here's another one:
I fucking hate it when GWCs tell me about their sexual conquests with other 'models'.

I must be doing something wrong.  I haven't had any conquests.  smile

Apr 11 12 01:11 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Nevermind

Apr 11 12 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Art of the nude wrote:
Just to clarify, since this was inspired by my shoot, the model in question was 5'8" and 120 lbs, and looked great.  (We shot a few weeks later.)

Eurocat wrote:
So why did she cancel or 'call in fat' (lmao still) on that day? Did you figure it out?

Yeah.  Not going to get too detailed, but basically someone feeding her insecurities.

Apr 11 12 01:14 pm Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Seattle, Washington, US

LLOYD WRIGHT wrote:

you're right i do need to learn..apology excepted and i do like your work too!.x

At least he apologized. smile

Apr 11 12 01:14 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I must be doing something wrong.  I haven't had any conquests.  smile

More chocolate....

Apr 11 12 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Eurocat wrote:

More chocolate....

Thanks!    smile

Apr 11 12 01:16 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Art of the nude wrote:
Yeah.  Not going to get too detailed, but basically someone feeding her insecurities.

Awwww.... Been there. Done that. Still nude, no t-shirt...

Apr 11 12 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

MelissaAnn  wrote:
When they tell me to bring a bunch of specific wardrobe items to a shoot that I have to pack, unpack, steam, etc, and then they decide they just want to shoot nudes.  I swear I'm not going to bother bringing clothes anymore, they rarely ever get used.

Eurocat wrote:
similar

Wait.... Really?
Why?
I mean that's fucked up...

How common is this "bring clothes to a nude shoot" request?
I tell models to bring a robe and sandals but not to shoot in.

Apr 11 12 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

MelissaAnn  wrote:
Oh, two more.  When a photographer stalks my portfolio and leaves picture comments like "I would love to work with you", lists like "models I want to work with", and tags on a weekly basis but never sends me a pm.  Finally I send a message to them and then never hear back.....but they keep stalking my portfolio with the comments/lists/tags.  So weird.

When they tell me to bring a bunch of specific wardrobe items to a shoot that I have to pack, unpack, steam, etc, and then they decide they just want to shoot nudes.  I swear I'm not going to bother bringing clothes anymore, they rarely ever get used.

So, it's OK to list you, tag you, AND send messages?

Apr 11 12 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

MelissaAnn  wrote:
Oh, two more.  When a photographer stalks my portfolio and leaves picture comments like "I would love to work with you", lists like "models I want to work with", and tags on a weekly basis but never sends me a pm.  Finally I send a message to them and then never hear back.....but they keep stalking my portfolio with the comments/lists/tags.  So weird.

After the nudes I often shoot lingerie and sometimes clothes.

Apr 11 12 01:20 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
After the nudes I often shoot lingerie and sometimes clothes.

...and here I am left wondering for days on end, why you'd have Amelia in front of your lense, WITH CLOTHES ON! THAT'S JUST WRONG!

Apr 11 12 01:21 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

NewBoldPhoto wrote:

MelissaAnn  wrote:

Wait.... Really?
Why?

Or, the photographer says, let's do a clothed shoot! But knowing the model shoots nudes as well, changes his mind and says, let's shoot nudes instead!

Apr 11 12 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

paragonfl

Eurocat wrote:
This is a thread derived from the 'annoying things models do' bit in the 'other' forum.
??
Hey, We shoot (;
??

This is about model's pet peeves, not horror storries about rape and molestation.

I go first:

It is a pet peeve of mine, when the photographer keeps wanting to feed me, (upon a wrapped set, before I get ready to leave), although I repeatedly said "No, thank you."  "I am ocd about my diet." " I appreciate the effort, but I am good." "I don't eat this or that, but thank you." "I am really not hungry."

I understand that in most it's not just about the hospitality thing, and good manners, but a little father complex. "Must feed starving child."

Really, you are sweet, but please don't make me explain my whole issue about why I don't eat certain things, we'll be there for another hour.

Edit: I'd love a glass of water, all the time, every time. Please and thank you.

Apr 11 12 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

MelissaAnn  wrote:

Eurocat wrote:
similar

NewBoldPhoto wrote:
Wait.... Really?
Why?

I USUALLY shoot models in clothes for part of the time at a nude shoot.  Often, not something complex, although that has happened as well. 

If I want these (18+)
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 6#25389856
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5167/5371 … b080_o.jpg

it's much easier, and goes over much better, to ask a nude model to put something on, than to insist a non nude model take things off (as noted above, repeatedly).

Apr 11 12 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

LLOYD WRIGHT

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

MelissaAnn  wrote:

At least he apologized. smile

thank-you for your support!

but i haven't apologised i accepted an apology from eurocat- we should all something every day..i'm merely standing up for a photographer who was trying to be friendly toward her and then ends up being slated on here for his efforts.

Apr 11 12 01:33 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

https://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-54807-1049/troll+spray.jpg

Please forgive me, this is nothing personal, I just stumbled across this and could not help myself.....

Apr 11 12 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

LLOYD WRIGHT

that's cool it's good to laugh. big_smile

Apr 11 12 01:40 pm Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Seattle, Washington, US

NewBoldPhoto wrote:

Wait.... Really?
Why?

Yes, it happens all the time. Photographer says they want to shoot nudes and clothed stuff.  I spend a lot of time discussing the clothed ideas, specific wardrobe they're interested in shooting, etc.  Once the nude part of the shoot is over, they say something like "I think we're good" or "I have what I need, no sense in bothering with the clothing." I wish they would just be up front and say they have no interest in shooting clothed stuff if all they want to do is nudes.  I don't think they realize how much time it wastes when I have to pack/unpack steam/wash items that aren't going to get used.

Apr 11 12 01:41 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Good times. Thanks for not taking that personal.

Apr 11 12 01:42 pm Link

Model

Bella la Bell

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Oh oh oh.... let me go next. big_smile

When a photographer trashes other models.
When a photographer BRAGS about his/her work like their shit don't stink...
When a photographer doesn't offer breaks inbetween shooting and I have to ask, then they start to get pissy because I need a break from the heat of the lights...
Photographer makes comments under his/her breathing mouth and when I ask "did you say something?" They say no.
When a photographer has smelly feet and wants to take his/her shoes off... I almost threw up when this happen to me.
When a photographer tells me he didn't want the red dress but the black dress for me to bring but he never emailed me about the fucking change.
When a photographer tries to hit on you by asking. "So I see your wearing a wedding ring. You a swinger?"
When a photographer realizes I have a huge tattoo on my leg then says "But it looks so small in the photos!"
When a photographer comments about my fucking weight in a rude ass way. Your the one that hired me and knew what was coming...

... pretty sure more will come up...

Apr 11 12 01:49 pm Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Seattle, Washington, US

LLOYD WRIGHT wrote:

thank-you for your support!

but i haven't apologised i accepted an apology from eurocat- we should all something every day..i'm merely standing up for a photographer who was trying to be friendly toward her and then ends up being slated on here for his efforts.

I don't think she was complaining about being offered the food, that's just the photographer being generous, he can't be faulted for that.  What Eurocat is saying annoys her is when they continue pressing her about it, asking over and over again if she wants food like she's some sort of child. Once somebody says "no thank you", regardless of what's being offered, that should be the end of it.  I personally like getting offered food after a shoot, but if I did happen to say no, I would also become annoyed if they kept asking me over and over again.

Apr 11 12 01:51 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bella la Bell wrote:
When a photographer comments about my fucking weight in a rude ass way. Your the one that hired me and knew what was coming...

Remember the thread you started about this and the drama llama it induced? lol

Apr 11 12 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

LLOYD WRIGHT

MelissaAnn  wrote:

I don't think she was complaining about being offered the food, that's just the photographer being generous, he can't be faulted for that.  What Eurocat is saying annoys her is when they continue pressing her about it, asking over and over again if she wants food like she's some sort of child. Once somebody says "no thank you", regardless of what's being offered, that should be the end of it.  I personally like getting offered food after a shoot, but if I did happen to say no, I would also become annoyed if they kept asking me over and over again.

hunky dory, thanks again for the calming influence....i'm off for something to eat ! lol

Apr 11 12 01:58 pm Link

Model

Bella la Bell

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Scarlett Candee wrote:

Remember the thread you started about this and the drama llama it induced? lol

Omg. Yes.
That was horrible. People just didn't get it.
lol
I got so many messages about that thread.

Apr 11 12 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Eurocat wrote:

...and here I am left wondering for days on end, why you'd have Amelia in front of your lense, WITH CLOTHES ON! THAT'S JUST WRONG!

I also have photos of her without clothes.

Apr 11 12 02:00 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Bella la Bell wrote:

When a photographer doesn't offer breaks inbetween shooting and I have to ask, then they start to get pissy because I need a break from the heat of the lights...
Photographer makes comments under his/her breathing mouth and when I ask "did you say something?" They say no.
When a photographer has smelly feet and wants to take his/her shoes off... I almost threw up when this happen to me.
When a photographer tells me he didn't want the red dress but the black dress for me to bring but he never emailed me about the fucking change.
When a photographer tries to hit on you by asking. "So I see your wearing a wedding ring. You a swinger?"
When a photographer realizes I have a huge tattoo on my leg then says "But it looks so small in the photos!"

FUUUUUUUck!

What kind of people do you work with!!!!!

Apr 11 12 02:00 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I also have photos of her without clothes.

I know...

Apr 11 12 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Naila Nude wrote:
I know with my generation I should have no complaints,
but it grinds-my-gears when I give a photographer my number to call me and he/she text simply messages me.  I like to have a verbal conversation before confirming a shoot.

You do realize that you are an anomaly.

Most llamas hate to talk and prefer to text.

BTW, I am like you, prefer a phone conversation and face to face.

Apr 11 12 02:12 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Eurocat wrote:
[img]http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-54807-1049/troll spray.jpg[/img]

Please forgive me, this is nothing personal, I just stumbled across this and could not help myself.....

Every good thread needs some https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iw5TaUpM1OI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABg/oWjr6XtVW8o/s120-c/photo.jpg spray from time to time wink

Apr 11 12 02:14 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Bella la Bell wrote:

All shit stinks......some people just dont get it wink

Apr 11 12 02:16 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Herman Surkis wrote:

You do realize that you are an anomaly.

Most models hate to talk and prefer to text.

BTW, I am like you, prefer a phone conversation and face to face.

And I prefer a photographer emails me the details of the shoot instead of spending hours on the phone. I don't really have time for that.

Apr 11 12 02:20 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Scarlett Candee wrote:

And I prefer a photographer emails me the details of the shoot instead of spending hours on the phone. I don't really have time for that.

+1

Apr 11 12 02:21 pm Link

Model

Kam Arose

Berkeley, California, US

Neil Snape wrote:
I have lots of annoying habits. Mustn't be that bad though or models would have said something.

Seen the above flurry of the don't touch the models.

I think that there is something to be said about MM or freelance models that are outside the loop of fashion, big agency work. It is not the same.

When we do fashion spreads everyone is touching the models mu hair, stylist, and often the photographer. It is always in a set that has a lot of people, writer, art director assistants. Most of the time a photographer will ask the model or ask some one anyone to move the parts or clothes etc , yet if the photographer is right there in close proximity it is common place to do the dirty deed while there.

This is not where the models on MM are coming from, and the majority are not exposed to this often if at all.

It wasn't until a thread on MM that it made me aware of the difference, and that one should very cautiously proceed after asking.

Please don't read this wrong. There are just two paths models can be from, and the process of making pictures has a different flow and etiquette.

So touching a model if for reasons of making the pictures is needed it indeed has to be done with respect.    I just have to remember that, when shooting other than agency models.

Adjusting the wardrobe for a fashion shoot makes sense, certainly. The wardrobe on those things can get quite complex. But I'm a nudie model. There is no wardrobe on my shoots. Just boobs. And I can adjust those on my own, thanks.

Apr 11 12 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Given the tremendous level of dissatisfaction with photographers and the myriad reasons, some entirely understandable, for the resultant negativity,  I am happy - no - grateful - for any model considering working with me to inquire with the models I have worked with.   

This will result in our working relationship starting off with less suspicion, and better expectations.

Apr 11 12 02:30 pm Link